X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

And here it is, moretoit

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/a-32-42370.html

I've also bumped it for you - go ahead, swear as much as you like there, in fact, the f word is mandatory:H:H:H
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just saw this on the You know you're an alkie thread, posted by She way back in in 2011:

"I'm new here and it's been inspirational reading the posts. I don't know if it's coincidence but everyone sounds lovely, so much humour and kindness. Maybe being flawed isn't a totally bad thing."

This has given me lots to think about; thought I'd share.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dream, IMO having a flaw makes you more compassionate, understanding of others and less judgmental, let thee without sin cast the first stone and all that. A very good friend of mine always says ' who wants to be normal ? normal must be very boring' !!!! .
        AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just been reading some of the back posts about weight. I have been eating like there is no tomorrow since I went af , ( 37 days which I am very pleased about and still standing firm) I figured that I need to treat myself in the early days of being af and if I can quit the booze then loosing a few pounds later on will be easy and being a few pounds heavier is far better than being a drunk !!. But ironically a friend who has not seen me for a while asked if I had lost weight maybe my face looks better now I am af ?????. I think I am also more active as now I am hangover and post drinking week long depression free I am out and about doing my stuff and generally engaging in and enjoying life more !!.
          Really great to see lots more names on the daily roll call the number soon start building up and along with that a sense of achievement and self worth that drink so often robs us of !!! Go MYO'ers stars one and all !!.
          AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Day 4 for me and I am feeling sooooo much better!! My SO decided to buy me some wine last night which I told him I did not want, he bought it anyway. We had an argument and I don't know what he did with it, nor do I care. I did have a few fleeting thoughts about it, but played the scenario through my head and remained AF. Told him he could give it away. He is feeling very insecure about my new found sobriety, but that's something he will have to deal with.

Warmed up to -14 this morning and I must be crazy but thought, "it's not so bad out there". REALLY?!?! I'll be wearing shorts by this weekend when it gets to 30 degrees. Ha!

Busy time of the year for me at work so it's been hard to keep up with the nest.

Best wishes to everyone today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still dealing with this arctic freeze. It's currently 1 F out there, geez!!!!

I'm always a bit amazed when I read about members automatically dropping weight after quitting. I didn't lose a single pound myself. Then to complicate matters I quit smoking two months after going AF & gained 13 pounds!!! But, I didn't panic & it came off without a big problem
              Be kind to yourselves when starting out - your primary focus needs to be your quit, nothing else

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday. Hope it's a little warmer wherever you are
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters.
                64, I was like you, everyone was LOSING weight and I put on 3 pounds!! BUT, just like DTD said, after that first couple months, I dropped it...over the first year I lost 13 pounds and have kept it off (for the most part). After these holidays I need to reel it in some, but I know I can do it. Hang in there!

Brutal outside. My plan? Stay inside. Hugs to all today, hope you have an easy day! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

got out of detox yesterday morning. day 9 sober now and im going to AA every single day i can. i have also been prescribed some new medications for my mental issues, so i am feeling optimistic.

I hope everyone else is doing well?

also since i wasnt here.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                  ?That's the problem with drinking,
                  If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                  if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                  and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                  ― Charles Bukowski
                  :wings::wings:
                  Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all...I thought I would jump in on the weight issue. I am on day 7 and I too can't seem to get enough to eat...its all I want to do is eat and sleep. I was -8 degrees here this morning so I don't know if it has to do with all the cold weather or if its to feed my cravings of the drink. Starting off this new year I wanted to make 2014 an alcohol free...correction...I will make 2014 alcohol free but I also want to lose weight and be fit. I have only made it to the gym 3 times since the first of the year and it has been so cold I am lucky to make it to work and back. I find myself craving food and so I do struggle with the thought of "just eat it, its better than drinking" and "this isn't helping your diet but it is better than drinking". So when will I be able to handle both? I don't know but I am thankful I am sober!!!
                    Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                      I lost weight in the first few months but it has come to a screeching halt...need to add exercise now but it is so cold I don't want to do anything...-1 here now..dont want to go out....so I am not going out...laundry and some things need attention in the house....
                      Glad everyone is doing well today.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE

Loveless-good to see you. So, what is the plan?

Nesters, be patient. The weight will come off, your body is just trying to figure out WTF? Eat, eat and eat some more. Your body is starving for REAL food, not booze. It will all happen in time. Right now, just be kind to yourself. I didn't lose at first and thought "this sucks" but within 4 months I was down 25# and didn't even realize it was happening......and I just kept eating.

Things are good here, just really busy.

Have a great AF day.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just thought to pop in and say that today is my day off and day 11 AF. I must say even though it is freezing I am feeling better than I have in months. I am actually getting things done w/an enjoyable attitude rather than being a grump all day till cocktail hour. This feels right. ~~ To MWO and all the people here :thanks: !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hypernova - that's awesome...11 days is huge. Good for you!!!
                            Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honeysoup, congrats on your 7 Days!! Around here, that gets you a prize!
                              Nesters, please join me in a moon!
                              :moon:

This may seem a little cheeky, but the worst is behind you! Keep up the great work!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so glad to see the days adding up for you Ican. Everyone.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X