Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters,

Onto day 5! I feel like I'm on a sober high and I'm waiting for something to happen. It's been so easy these last 4 days, I get up with energy, work like crazy and come home, eat dinner and collapse on the couch to watch a show or read a book. No witching hour, not even many thoughts about Al. weird. Like I said, I'm just waiting for a meltdown, depression, something to upset the apple cart.

Anyway, have a great sober day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, All.
      Jane, I am so happy to see you back...as bad as it is at the moment, in just a couple of AF days you will begin to have a whole new outlook, it just takes a couple days! Make it happen, no matter what and no matter who! Hugs to you.

Everyone doing so well, it makes me so proud of our community! Helping each other out of the pit of AL despair is what it's all about...take a hand when you need it and lend one when you have strength.

Hope everyone has an easy day today...remember if you had a bad day yesterday, today will be better! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dream, it is different from the one I tried earlier, will try again, I saved the F word for my ex, but you never know
        Today is Day 5, I have more energy, keeps we wondering why I do this when I clearly do not want to.
        I guess I just had to know for sure instead of kidding myself. I used the past few months to cloud over my feeling and dealing with the loss of my brother. I can thank the man in my life for standing beside me all this time.
        My family can deal with it their own way, it is their loss.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 10 for me af. 2 since ive gotten out of detox. ive noticed that siince ive returned home ive been having very bad cravings, which i have been trying to suppress with a valium, cyroquil (all prescription of course) and AA meetings, but i do not want to have to be sedated for the rest of my life just so i dont drink. iguess what im asking is....at what point does it start to get easier, if at all?

I hope everyone is doing well
          ?That's the problem with drinking,
          If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
          if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
          and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
          ― Charles Bukowski
          :wings::wings:
          Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless - hey double digits that is fantastic!!! As far as your question of at what point does it start to get easier...just think it has to easier to wake up each morning and know you made it through another day of not drinking and remembering what you did the night before...so many positive ways to think about when you start to doubt the sober life. Go back and read your previous posts and try to remember how miserable you were when you were drinking. Stay positive and close to the nest.
            Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all a tough day here for me found out my youngest son has been smoking dope and he see's no problem in doing it and plans to contiune at my wits ends. Although he said to me well its no differant than you going out for a drink with your friends, to which I replied I dont drink any more would not have had a leg to stand on there a month or so ago. At least being af is enabling me to deal with this with a clear head and focus. Getting support and help on dealing with this situation. My huge concern is that he has got an addictive brain like me and will end up hooked !! i have never touched illegal drugs as they scare the pants off me I am bad enough with al always thought i would be the sort to be a drug addict in 2 weeks if I took anything . He is 17 and like many teenagers thinks he has all the answers and will not listen to anything about the dangers of smoking cannibis and think he would never take anything else would love a dollar for ever person with a drug habit who had said that !!!. Would welcome any suggestions how to deal with this very worrying situation . Thank god I am af and setting a good example at long last .
              AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cravings

Loveless;1609891 wrote: Day 10 for me af. 2 since ive gotten out of detox. ive noticed that siince ive returned home ive been having very bad cravings......
                Don't you live in a situation that would contribute to those cravings? Maybe it's time to make another change. Wishing you well.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I took the damn pill today. What a relief! I have been trying to get here for months. Day 1 for me.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is good to see you, Siren :l. Got any more awesome recipes to share ?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job to all. i have had both sons in trouble smoking weed. They are now kind of not in trouble but on counciling and ua's. I do blame my alcholoism on this as well. Today is day 5 for me. I do feel better able to support them on their journey. Hang in there day by day.
                      ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Newbies Nest

Busy day.. just checking in.. Out to dinner for the first time tonight with friends, and I have asked them if we could go to a family restaurant type place. I should be able to report tomorrow that it's a week! woo hoo!

Poppy, I just had to chime in. I don't have kids so please realize that... It's not like meth or other nasty drugs.. I did it at that age with all my friends and have continued to do so when the opportunity arises. My non-alcoholic friends (basically all of my friends) use it. It's now legal in a couple of states if you are over 21, just like AL.. I hardly know anyone who hasn't used MJ. Here in my 50's, it is still very common for many people I know. Of course you don't want to condone it, and you want to suggest your child doesn't do it.. but, try not to stress too much where it makes you want to drink. ((hugs))!
                        "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
                        ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Poppy I think getting to the cause is what's important. Why someone feels the need to alter their consciousness or escape their realty. What are we avoiding? Talk to your son in as non judgemental way and come from a ace of love and concern. Open up and maybe tell him what drew you to AL. Mostly it's about being there for him, IMHO.

Siren, right on! Good to see you've made a decision. You won't regret it!

Still chilling in paradise. First tropical AF vacation and I couldn't be happier about my choices. Smoothies. Cranberry and sodas. Early nights and early mornings. Loving it.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,
                            Here am I having a vacation in Macau with my family. and am sober ! feel great ! instead of drinking tried y luck with gambling and won$ 200
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul that's so great to hear you're enjoying your family time AF!

Loveless I think two weeks was a turning point for me physically but the mind games will continue so stay strong !
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love your story Brdlady. it made me tear up. wonderful distraction, wonderful happines for another. Mntgrl, it happended again last night. my son said good job mom on not drinking, i am so pround of you!! my hubby said he was happy i was able to be up at 10 watching a movie with him and he wasnt used to it and kissed me. day 5 and feeling alive. thanks for all the support!!! All keep doing well too!!
                                ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                                X