X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Sometimes having those dreams or nightmares can be a good thing Annie
    I think they help you to really learn & believe in the consequences of AL abuse.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Still quite cold around here but the arctic air has moved on, thank goodness

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

nellie78;1610111 wrote: i wonder does one have to hit rock bottom or go through something horrific to successfully ditch the alcohol or can you sensibly say to yourself - enough is enough and decide to commit to stopping? x
      Nellie this is something I believe that everyone here has contemplated. How do we know, because everyone here is searching for a way to deal with their alcohol issues, that's why we have all come to the MWO. We need help! If AL has caused us to go online to search for help, that this is a strong sign, a sign that true change in your life is indeed needed. Here's to adopting an AF life, and getting our lives back. :l
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Back to beautiful summer days in my part of the Nest, although I did feel a slight autumny nip in the air this morning - I really hope it was just my imagination.

I know, that coffee is almost too pretty to drink, but go ahead and indulge. Yours is decaff, LB

River, I watched parts 1-4 of Rain yesterday, could not bear to watch more. Will finish today.

Have to get busy - will read back when I take a break.

Have a lovely AF Thursday, Nesters!
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2251840=7702-attachment.jpg[/img]

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters......just reporting YET ANOTHER day 1!! Feeling ill and not able to sleep......why do I do this to myself.........oh well, let's try for a sober day!!
            Some really good people here giving really good advice.......hanging on in there with you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Do. That is a pretty cup of coffee.
              just checking in this morning. I have been going through a trying time lately and I have found that turning to my MWO friends instead of my old friend al (if al is a friend, I don't need any enemies).
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Chilly but sunny here so I won't complain

LB, staying in touch with the good people here at MWO is a good choice, has helped me out so much. We are good listeners :l

DTD, you have quite a skill making those pretty coffees but do you deliver? :H

Another busy day in store for me so I'll get going!
                Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone.

Day 11, 3 out of detox, but I am struggling...
                  ?That's the problem with drinking,
                  If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                  if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                  and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                  ― Charles Bukowski
                  :wings::wings:
                  Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Of course I do, Lav - you should have asked a long time ago!

And sooopersized, too!
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                      Jane, great job on getting to Day 2! In my opinion, you are well over THE hardest part! I always said, if I went yesterday without drinking, I can go today without it. And so it goes. Well done!

Loveless, you are doing great, too! Get yourself to Day 13! You will see a difference!

So good to see everyone this morning! Hope we all have an easy day! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone. New here but on Day 4. Doing not too bad so far but trying to avoid justifying a drink this weekend when I will be out with others at a birthday meal. I start by making rules such as only when out, only with a meal, only at weekends but none of them work, so think I have to try and stick with abstinence. I did Sober October and felt really pleased with myself but it crept up to a bottle of wine plus a night and I was back where I started by November. This seems like a good idea...nice group it seems

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is Day 6 again, I know I have made it to 3 months before, but I was fooling myself into believing I could monitor my own drinking. I know now, I cannot. Today is my eldest grandchilds 13th birthday, and I love her very much. I told her she keeps me young.
                          I also wish to stay sober not only for my family and myself, but my deceased brother, for when I was staying there helping them, he told me I was not what they said I was and he used my sisters name. So this really is for my brother for believing in me. I can do this!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                            Today would have been my mothers 95th birthday..she died on the 28th 5 years ago. I still sometimes pick up the phone to call her...strange
                            Off to look at clogged drain at rental house...really, seriously thinking about selling the darn thing...I wanted to keep it since it is where I grew up but I am more into simplifying and cutting down on stress...I need to talk to tax gal first....
                            Have a great AF day!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Conversation between me, myself and I this morning.

Me: Maybe we could out to Mexican food this weekend and I could have just 1 margarita, feel it slipping down my throat, yum, and it's not my usual drink of choice so it's not like I couldn't stop after just simply enjoying one.
                              Myself: What are you talking about? You have tried this before. "Just on special days, just when you go out, just one" what difference does it make what you drink?.......and remember how you feel the next day? You've gotten it completely out of your system, do you want to introduce it again?
                              I: OK, while you 2 discuss this, I'm going over here and TTFP, we'll talk about this later.

Funny how all of this goes on in my head. But, I TTFP and don't have to think about any of that today, do I?

Have a great AF day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,

Here's a ((hug)) to those struggling. Although I don't have any cravings, I think about it constantly. I finished a week AF for the first time in 28 years. Just had a conversation with DH (who needs to abstain, but won't) about this journey I am on. He is very supportive of what I am doing even though he isn't joining in. At least he isn't trying to sabotage me.

I think I may try Ala-non meetings. I am not a religious person, but I am spiritual. If every time they say God, I think "Universe" maybe I'd be okay. My friend who has been to meetings says "Take what helps you and leave the rest". I do know that it really helped to talk to her last night over an AF dinner, and getting in-person support would be so very helpful. I also intend to read a book on Co-dependency soon.. because I am most definitely Co-dependent. All I want is peace around the house and no confrontation. So, I just do everything I can to maintain that. It makes me an enabler. I am embarrassed about what I do (buy DH bottles when I go shopping and more), but I just can't handle arguments.

Today is the first day that I really think I can do this 30 day thing.. And, maybe more. We'll see... BBL
                                "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
                                ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X