Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady! I went back and read some of your earlier posts you are an inspiration.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rivergal;1610449 wrote: The guy dying in Rain in my Heart after abstaining for 10 years was an eye-opener...I would soooo regret developing irreversible liver damage
      to be honest, I'm highly suspicious of that part of the documentary. I don't believe for a minute that that guy had been AF for 10 years

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters. It's always hard to jump back into the nest. I feel sort of lost right now, because I haven't had time to read back, therefore I have little to contribute, but I can't think of any other way to do it, so I'm just plunging back in. Jane - your post made me laugh. Not because it's funny, but because we all get it. I have lost many a long post before I learned to save before hitting the post button. For some reason, this site times out quickly. Anyway, hope all of you are doing well. I've only been gone a short time, yet it looks like there are a few new friends here. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just checking in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest.
          Remember, each sober day builds on the previous sober day & pretty soon you will come to realize that you no longer have cravings, barely even a thought about AL. It all becomes much easier once you choose to kick AL out & take back control of your life

Hang in there everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all and welcome to those returning and to the newcomers. It is hard to catch up since there are so many great posts but I think I've read most of them, and thank you all for helping me to remain AF. I had a drinking dream last night in which I though about lying to everyone here about it. I know it was to remind me of the big lie I turn into when I plan to drink, drink, or recover from drinking. Congrats to everyone on their sober days.
            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone! I am back! Good to see familiar names here. I thought I posted earlier today, but cant seem to locate it. hmmm
              Anyhow, tomorrow will be day 1 for me. I am excited to jump back in and commit to being my authentic self again. I know this week wont be easy, but Ive done it before and will do it again, for good!
              How is everyone's evening?
              XO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Lost Soul.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Just a quick fly-in from work!

MossRose: I worked out a way to make a long post is to do it on a Word document first, and then copy and paste it.

My work is very busy right now, and I'm working tomorrow (Saturday) too. Good thing I have don't have my head clouded by al!!

take care everyone,
                  love Steady
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Little Beagle! How many days do you have now? So proud of you!
                    Hi Steadfast, how lucky are you to have a clear mind and healthy body! Inspiration before my eyes.
                    Best of luck with the long work week-- you are a step ahead already.
                    I actually drank today but threw out the last of my drink and decided to open my computer and face my reality. I am ready to be sober again.
                    Took a long shower, put on my pjs, made an herbal tea. So far so good...I know tomorrow might not be that easy but I have to be strong like all of you.
                    Thanks for showing me it is possible.
                    Hope everyone has a lovely AF evening.
                    XO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.... Didn't read back yet bc I get so sleepy and then can't post so listing first... Day 25 here!!!! What???? Whoop whoop.... But the funny thing is I had to go to the calendar and check my days bc I haven't really been aware if what say I'm on as I just don't drink anymore so it doesn't matter .... This is so new to me. Also, finally coming out of the pissed off funk I was in for past 3 weeks ... So feeling optimistic and good about this quit

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

I had a doctor's appt. today (for an old injury), and they always ask - how much do you exercise, how much do you drink, etc. I got to answer honestly for the first time in a long time and say "I don't drink." Pretty cool.

Overit - great conversation with you, yourself and you. Glad you won out!

TJAF - so glad you shared that post. I loved that comment about today and the future being joined at the hip - very poetic.

Great job, DipGal on your first week sober in so long. I hope you're feeling better!

Welcome back, Lost Soul and Moss Rose - I'm one of the new ones. But I am feeling strong at the end of Day 39 - I'm with you, iCan - whoot! I am counting because I am a counter - I like to know how far I've come.

Like Humble, I think I've read all the posts. Some struggles and some coasting - but all staying sober! Keep it up, Nest. I'm settling in amongst the Nest Mums and Dads with a strong patch of butt velcro. Night, all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Lovely day here - we had some rain last night, but the sun is back today.

Fresh coffee available 24 hours - help yourself.

Ican, good that you're not actively counting days - you don't count days from your birthday, do you; you just celebrate the next milepole - so, well done on 25, and I can't wait for your Day 30!

Lost and Moss, so glad you've found us again - stay close this time round, ok.

Have a lovely AF Friday today - hope all of you have your plans in place for tonight and the rest of the weekend.
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MossRose;1610562 wrote: Hi nesters. It's always hard to jump back into the nest. I feel sort of lost right now, because I haven't had time to read back, therefore I have little to contribute, but I can't think of any other way to do it, so I'm just plunging back in. Jane - your post made me laugh. Not because it's funny, but because we all get it. I have lost many a long post before I learned to save before hitting the post button. For some reason, this site times out quickly. Anyway, hope all of you are doing well. I've only been gone a short time, yet it looks like there are a few new friends here. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
                            Rose, it's great to see you back. I'm coming back after a bit of a break too and I feel a bit out of the loop.

It's really nice to see the nest so busy, like Rose, I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Dreamy, nice to see you are still doing the morning coffee for us!

wb Lost Soul, well done on throwing out the booze!

Ican, well done on your 25 days, that is awesome!

LB, Lav, it's always good to see you guys in here. You know what an inspiration you have been to me.

HR, Steadfast, good to see you both so strong!

To everyone else that I haven't mentioned (let's face it, there are way too many people to mention by name these days!) I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things here in the nest and catching up with everyone!
                            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo congrats on the 90 days. How has the journey been so far?

On a note about myself - I am glad that I am skint atm. It means I have no means to go out and get drunk and spend stupid money on the waste that is alcohol. Being shy on cash has made me reflect on what I want to do with my life and what effective spending really is. Also, I have realised I cannot play the victim - everything I have done in my life is my choice. Only alcohol inhibits my logical mind and has therefore made me do many things that I would not normally do and spent cash chasing the high (or low) of being drunk.

Alcohol has masked too much for too long. It's going to be a struggle, but I can see 2014 being my year where I finally mature and start taking control of my life and decisions.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lost Soul a little over 250 days.
                                Bhalo it's great to see you here.
                                Londoner I'm glad you don't have the funds to drink. I hope when you do have the $ you chose not to.
                                Have a great day all.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X