X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

First things first: coffee

Ican, you are getting there at a rate of knots!

Short post today (do I hear a collective sigh of relief?:H:H:H), but just wanted to check in and to wish everyone a good and AF Sunday - make the most of your day, whatever you do!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream i love you posts, no sigh from me my friend.

Pav our medical system is pretty good considering. Our drs where i live are open 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm. Mind you when you visit it is supposed to be a 10min appt or you have to book a double appt. Today between the 3 of us we had a whole 30 minutes, i think the dr thought it a bit strange that we had no qualms in talking about our problems as a family which is how it should be.

Going to be a "clanger" this week regarding the weather. Hot, hot and more hot so i will be a beeeatch by the end of the week but i will be getting lots of vitamin D. Shame i burn in 3.5 seconds being a redhead.

So today has been a good day. My son is watching the doco about Ryan and he said to me "mum how do you get that addicted to alcohol, you werent like that". I did say that i was starting to wake with the shakes etc, its funny what we hide from our closest and we are all different with al addiction.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1611722 wrote: Dream i love you posts, no sigh from me my friend.
        :lAvail:l
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ava,
          So glad your bloods were fine, it is a wonderful feeling isn't it? I had mine done a week ago an absolutely all of them were fine, afterwards even had an extra thyroid done and that came back fine too. However I do know I need to build myself up, as am very underweight and hair got rather thin etc. Without alcohol I can do that easily, lots of nourishing foods for growth.

Hi Fin,
          Thank you for starting off the roll call, that was such a good idea, wishing you great success, you have done all this before so you know the drill!

Hi Rahul,
          Well done for staying sober, really happy for you.

Hello to all Nesters, have a lovely Sunday xx
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'll take one of those pretty coffees DTD, thanks

available, my Vit D level was low a couple of years ago. I supplement with 3000 iu of D3 daily now & the problem is solved. My cholesterol level remains a little high even though I eat very little animal products & exercise regularly.

DD, stay on your AF path & I think you are going to see a lot of healthy changes come your way

I have to get to the supermarket today to restock fridge - getting empty in there!
            Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you Available, your words mean alot to me. you are so right about not being able to choose our family and about the drama. Funny I never took it in high school but my siblings say I am a drama queen, I guess they know how to get the worst of me. Not any more.
              Today is day 10 for me, I cannot say it has not been a struggle for it has, but I choose to win the war and make my brother proud. His words to me before his death keep coming back to me and give me strength.
              Keep up the good work all you nesters, I will check later on, enjoy your day, me I gotta work.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE from paradise! Last night there was a dinner party, lots of wine, a little pot. I thought for a moment I might smoke a little, then realized it isn't just AL I am kicking, it's any mood altering substance. I want to live in the moment, heck I'm 55 I am over half way through life, very moment is precious!

I went to bed at about 9:30 leaving the younguns to party on. Am I boring? No, I'm bored! And loving every moment!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE! Went to a wedding last night. I didn't drink of course, but I think everyone else there did. I wonder how some of them are feeling this morning. Ah, they're young, they'll bounce back quickly. I still had a good time people watching and the food was good. I don't dance, so wedding receptions are kind of boring to me. Have a great day everyone!
                  11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis, you didn't SING at the wedding? Their loss! Party's are different now...I don't have to be the first one there and the last one to leave anymore. I go and visit and enjoy the food and go home! I'm so happy for you!

DTD, I love your posts, and Ava's too, getting it out of your head and down on paper (so to speak) is very cleansing.
                    Rahul keep up the great work! Remember, you are feeling this good BECAUSE you AREN'T drinking! Enjoy your vacation and family...the present is all we have!
                    Hope everyone has an easy AF day! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, hope everyone is doing well.

Today is day 14, 2 weeks.

I have noticed that I have started caring about myself again...Like how I look and getting back into my hobbies, I even dyed my hair and started wearing makeup again. Why is it that when u drink u stop caring about things like that...I think its finally starting to get a little bit easier for me...I woke up with some minor cravings today but after my anxiety medications started working im feeling alot better.

I even made plans to go have coffee with a friend in a couple days that i havent seen in over 3 years.

wishing everyone a wonderful AF day

-Love
                      ?That's the problem with drinking,
                      If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget;
                      if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate;
                      and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.?
                      ― Charles Bukowski
                      :wings::wings:
                      Days AF: 13 :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Just dropping by with a quick note. Having a very busy weekend and that's a good thing, keeps my mind busy and thoughts of AL at bay.

Going shopping with daughter, then grocery shopping and then finally seeing the Hunger Games latest movie with a friend.

Have a great day nesters!! stay strong.

P.S. Brydie! Thanks for the one week moon. lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless, well done on being so strong.I know what you mean about taking more care of yourself, I am flossing every day, exercising nearly every day, eating really well, praying and meditating more too. Painted nails emerald green today,love that colour.

Elvis, know what you mean about wedding receptions, I love the actual ceremony but in sober times have found many wedding receptions rather boring after a while.

Byrdie what you said re Elvis made me laugh!

Fed up with working this weekend, have done loads but still got more to do to be ready for work on Monday...ggrrr

Strength to all, let's rock this new year!
                          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tavistock;1611988 wrote: MAE Nesters!

Just dropping by with a quick note. Having a very busy weekend and that's a good thing, keeps my mind busy and thoughts of AL at bay.

Going shopping with daughter, then grocery shopping and then finally seeing the Hunger Games latest movie with a friend.

Have a great day nesters!! stay strong.

P.S. Brydie! Thanks for the one week moon. lol
                            Well done on week one Tavistock:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to read about everyone's successes through weddings, get togethers, family strife, anxious days. It can all be done without alcohol. And as so many repeatedly point out here, it's far better without alcohol. Byrdie asked, what good has it ever really done us? Sure, we can say it greased the social wheels, especially for us introverts, but look at Pav's post on having hysterical laughing fits with family. I remember thinking during my several quits that I could never have fun sober. Most of us find ourselves pleasantly surprised at our first belly laugh without al to force it out of us. I think Pav would agree that sober enjoyment feels so much more rewarding than drunken pleasures.

Ican, we could swap some doozy stories now, couldn't we?

Good to see you here, Love. You are becoming a seasoned vet at quitting, like me, and those practice times helped to make you the AF person you really are inside. Let this be your LAST quit! You will not regret it.

Ava, I quit smoking years ago, then had one every so often, and now I smoke 2 or 3 a day. No smoking in the house, so that helps. Moderation with any vice just doesn't work for me. First step is back to the e-cigs.

Speaking of moderation, that's why I joined this board--I felt like I could always try moderation if I caved and drank. So far I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the mod folks in numbers and I haven't spent time at that part of MWO, except for the word association game, which is very fun. I do wish moderators success! I'd like to see some people control the life-threatening problem that we all have, instead of it controlling us.

Even faced with someone else's success, that would not give me license to try it...again. I can't moderate. It always ends up the same, me blotto, bumping into things, lazy eye all over the place, weird ideas in my head that I find genius at the moment but which are plain stupid, slurred speech which I try to gloss over through yelling and repetition...you all know that I could go on for a Falkner sized one sentence paragraph on me drunk. But I will spare you the gory details.

I'm here and sober today. Woohoo. Thanks all. Every day AF is a milestone.
                              Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loveless! 2 weeks? HUGE! Here' a big WOOT for you!!!
                                :woot:
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X