Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Gidday Nesters near and not so far,

A lot of mooning going on around here officer. Great to see.

Kick some arse this week in your own inimit....inima.....innnimi......inimitable way.

Think positive and get out there and git you some.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm back!

Hi y'all... I'm back!
      I've been reading all your posts and wanted to check in on day 7 AF hoping to get an award. Seriously, great goin all you newbies and re-newbies. Nice to see y'all that are still around. It's late though and I'm hoping to get a better nights sleep than I have been since my quit, so I'll be back soon.
      Go as far as you can see.
      When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters. Just wanted to check in. I'm still having a hard time catching up (old age??) but it sounds like everyone is doing well. I had a wonderful Sunday. Spent it with my sons which is always a pleasure for me. I love to cook for them, because they are always so appreciative...especially my youngest who doesn't live with me. Now, I'm full, happy and satisfied. Wishing everyone a wonderful MAE.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Things are looking really good in the nest - makes me proud
          CONGRATS to everyone reaching big milestones today, wonderful news!

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyWayIn, get your arse over here while we line up for your award!!
            Nesters? Drop em!

:moon:

Welcome back and congrats on 7 big days!!! The worst is behind you! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love being in the nest! Day #19 and feeling good. Really would love to organize an annual MYO convention of some sort so we can meet each other. I have been on other forums & have attended AA for periods at a time, worked the steps, had sponsors, but have always gone back to thinking I could drink controllably, only to drink even heavier. This forum has me hooked & committed to sobriety for life. They say the people make the place, and you people make me laugh, cry, and give me such strength & inspiration. Big thanks & so much gratitude. Annie Laurie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rivergal
                I see you're from West Va, you got water? Glad you're doing so well. Beats the heck out of the alternative!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moss – this is my attempt at catching up. I went back 5 pages and tried to get everyone here. Good to see you here from time to time. Hope you are well.

River – I am with you. I rely on this place and you people to stay focused. You sound great and strong.

MyWay – great on a week. Doesn’t it feel great?

Sam – great to see you pop by. Everytime I see your avatar I want to hear some good music. What are you playing in the photo?

Rahul – glad you had a nice, sober vacation. That ice cream shake made my mouth water! That’s my next prize to myself. Hope your plans are in place for getting back to real life and staying sober.

Nellie – Congratulations on making it through a challenge. As Humble so deftly pointed out – I was surprised to find that out, too. Wait. I can actually have fun SOBER? Who’d a thunk? I actually think not wasting brain space with drinking (how much, when, where’s the next, etc.) has freed me up to have more fun. And I’m much more pleasant the next day, too.

Ava – I remember the stories about your mother when I was first reading here. I’m sorry that she’s that way, but good for you for realizing that you can’t change her behavior – only your reaction to it. The image of the three of you at the doctor is great – I love the idea of community responsibility for everyone.

Tavis – Hope you liked the movie – I just heard a review today and they loved it. Congratulations on your week plus.

DD – working all weekend is one of the uncelebrated parts of being a teacher. I have thin, flat fingernails so I never get them done. I covet a good manicure!

Fin – welcome back. The dang parties were getting to me, too, as they always served as an excuse to drink. I was happily surprised at how I didn’t miss alcohol this December at all. I think being sober actually helped me feel less depressed than I usually do in December. Glad you’re back. Hopefully no parties on the docket for a while. I am a skier, too, and I know that getting past that apr?s ski beer will be a challenge. Good thing there’s no snow and I have a bum knee this year – maybe I can put it off for a while.

Honey – I was tired, too. Can you get yourself to get a little exercise? I think even a little can help you get some more energy and feel better. Congratulations on almost two weeks!

Dream – I’m with Ava. No sigh here, either. But since she and I are vying for the title of most words posted, maybe we’re not the ones to ask. You always have wise words and great coffee!

J3 – Where in CR are you? Pura Vida and all that. I was considering a little pot once, but I decide same as you that I was going to be sober plain and simple. Don’t want to substitute one for another.

Elvis – Weddings are another “test” in my book, because I do like to dance but usually need a little liquid encouragement. I danced some over the holiday sober and it was ok. We’ll see when I next get a test at a wedding. Congratulations on your 60 days. You’re a quiet inspiration!

Loves – you’re sounding great. I am glad you’re taking care of yourself again. In another thread Humble posted the affirmations from Women from Sobriety. Here is the link, but we focused first on loving ourselves. Very important! Keep it up.

More – I guess I’d say the same thing. Love yourself and be true to yourself. Drama is drama, and we can’t choose family. The only behavior you can control is your own. Great on 10 days.

LB – I hope it is all getting better with your family. I saw your post on the #$%&* thread. That all must be so hard – big hugs.

Lav, Byrdie, NS, K-9: Thanks for being here for us. Your strength and encouragement is absolutely necessary for me.

The danger in a post like this is that I probably missed someone. I only went back 5 pages, so I am VERY sorry if I missed you. It is great to be here in the nest among the successful non-drinkers. Keep it up! Butt velcro applied. Good night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I have not posted in the nest too often lately but trust me I read it every day many times. This forum is such a support to me, I can't even describe it. I want to congratulate all new members in their success - glad you are getting help and staying AF. Rivergal - you are absolutely right. Moderation is not working for alhogolics. I am too so happy that this forum opened up my eyes about this. There is life without AL. I am thinking more and more about this as I am approaching my 90 days mark.
                    AF since 10/20/2013
                    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                    Meat free since 09/20/2008
                    ---------------------------------------
                    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dinner out was great...8 of us...men at one end and ladies at the other...we ate and talked for 3 hours....NO booze at the table...It was a wonderful time!!!
                      Nice to not be thinking about getting home so I could have some wine before bed....amazing....
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am just doing a quick check in tonight. I'm really tired.
                        I have learned some things this week attending my al anon meeting.
                        I did not really understand how the 12 steps applies to families of addicts and the steps of grieving Byrdie posts for us to read apply also.
                        I am working on it.
                        Have a good one all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav
                          playing der fiddle, sort of
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got that far, Sam! Wondering what tune...

Comment

Newbies Nest

dang if I know, it was taken while playing at Skyland on the Skyline Drive in Va. about a year ago. (Sorry to have stated the obvious)
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

If I did sing at the reception, everyone would have left! I sing worse than I dance! :H It is really great to leave a wedding reception sober, remember everything, be able to drive home, and wake up the next day well rested and ready to go. And it actually was a fun group, and everyone was having fun, and fun is infectious. I was enjoying having fun watching everyone having fun. No complaints about not drinking whatsoever.

Good job on 7 days MyWayIn, and Rahul and Tavisstock! Good job on two weeks Lovely!
                                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X