Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Tav, I hear you! I love, every evening, knowing that I have the WHOLE day "free" tomorrow. No hangovers, no planning around drinking time, a clear head. It's great, isn't it? What movie did you see?

Hi LONDONER! Great to see you coming up on 2 weeks. You're sounding good. Positive. Both feet on the ground. Here's to being poor!

I'm really feeling the tiredness of jet-lag today. I can only read a page or two of my book at a time. It's a good thing I picked a short book this month!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay, LC! Welcome back. I was a day behind Ava when you left - and I still am.

G - way to ride it out. Keep Byrdie on speed dial for the future!

Happy Monday, all. Stay focused and stay sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy AF Monday everyone,
        Love the positive energy in the nest especially today.
        I, myself, am feeling really good--on Day 4. Made it through an alcohol infused weekend full of parties and it felt so good to stay away from AL. Two more big nights ahead of me...going to keep strong.
        Happy for everyone's successes-- we got this!
        XO

Comment

Newbies Nest

192 days today!!! Still hanging in there....and happy to have that endless mind chatter gone. Every now and then I think why not just have a drink and the thought on that endless treadmill is enough to send me to bed with Netflix on my iPad. I remember early on I felt so lost like the world moved on without me and I was left behind.

Hugs to all
          Piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Really struggling here. I don't know why. I feel like when I'm on a diet and I'm craving something, the best thing to do is just go ahead and have it and get it over with and move on. I feel like I'm going to drink eventually so I might as well just have 1 and get it over with and climb back on. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been like this since Friday. Still TTFP but it's really messing with my mind. Definitely no pink cloud going on here.

But, I'm whining. Have a great AF day everyone!
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Wonderful AF dinner with friends last night....I was so surprised that no one drank and it was a fun time talking and laughing....never would have gone before...would have to hurry home to drink....what a waste..but NO MORE..staying in today but many errands tomorrow...
              LC so glad u are back...I had to use the counter web site to keep track.
              Happy AF Monday!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Overit, I can't remember how far along you are on this journey? You're doing a great job of staying strong! I know the feeling of the "diet", feeling like you're missing something. How is your nutrition? Have you made a list of why you don't want to drink anymore? Have you noticed any positive changes since you've stopped? Have you had a read through the tool box lately? There were some great posts about the power of gratitude. And very helpful for me was the "fake it till you make it'. Just believing, with a leap of faith, what the old timers are promising-- that it IS worth it and it WILL be better at some point-- so much so that you will know, without a doubt that you are on the right track. We all know that giving in and just having that one drink will most likely lead to more, then to all the physical, emotional and mental BS that goes with it. Hang in there!!! Good to come here first to talk it out!:l

Hi Dottie!! I missed you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

What is TTFP?

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1612414 wrote: What is TTFP?
                    per K9 "Take the F*cking pill" or "TTDP means Take the damn pill" whichever you prefer, whatever mood you're in. This is for those of us taking Antabuse or something similar.

Thanks for your feedback and no, I haven't been in the tool box. I'll head there shortly.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit - Sorry to hear your struggling, but way to go on TTFP!!! As long as you do that, drinking is simply not an option. Sure, the thoughts may still be there, but you can't act on them, which frees you up to focus on other things. Can you find another little reward for yourself? Maybe a little piece of chocolate, or a new bottle of nail polish? (This was my go to...the nail polish...thus I have over 100+ bottles now...LOL)

I too, am looking for a replacement reward as I quit the cigs (yet again).

Stay strong and fight through the cravings, they will pass. I am proud of you!

Hi to everyone else, there is NO WAY I can catch up right now! :l
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS to AllanKay on 500 AF days!!!!

Overit, why keep fighting it? Embrace your sobriety, work on your gratitude list. Start writing out how grateful you are for choosing this AF path. Makes a big difference when you can see it in black & white
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE All
                          Had a great weekend w/family. Went to a birthday party Sunday night margarita's going around but I did not partake. I was glad to be able to go home clear headed. I am currently on day 13. If I can do anyone can.
                          Jane - I've been there. 7 years ago I went 90 days af was doing some work with friends they offered me a beer and the rest is history I haven't been able to put more that 3 or 4 days together in 7 years so hang in there!
                          I have read so many posts from those who want to moderate I just want to say that I wish you luck! I can't. Just like birdie the more that I moderated the more I drank. I can't remeber a time in the last 7 years that I have been this clear headed or felt this good. I really does just keep getting better.
                          AlanKay congrats on 500 days!
                          Hope everyone has a good MAE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Accomplishments

[QUOTE=jane27;1612458]Hi Nesters,
                            .......... I was so disgusted and depressed when I began that to cheer myself up I would write down the things I accomplished each day so I could feel like I did something. Lots of times flossing was my most boast worthy achievement. [QUOTE]

Thank you. I have the oomph to get through this, I'm just really trying to remember why. Isn't that silly. I'm in the denial stage, I guess. I'll get through this, I'm sure. Like LAV said, I need to have an attitude of gratitude. I'll check back in later when I can turn this frown upside down

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                              Day 1 for me. I have actually been lurking since Thanksgiving, which was horrible, and have decided today is the day for my quit. I was registered under a different name but for the life of me I can't seem to remember my password and it just got too confusing so now I am Bastet, the Egyptian goddess with the head of a cat. So I have been following along with everyone's progress and it looks so good. God to be able to wake up with a clear head, to not have the suspicious looks from my dh, to not have to look in the morning to find out how much I drank last night, to remember a show or a book or a conversation!! I am just sick of it all. Anyway so I am starting here and really want to be AF but I am scared. I keep reading how great it is but I feel like every day will be torture. I do have a plan; list of things to occupy me, af beverages, plan to exercise. So I guess I just get started. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit-still,
                                I remember the last time I quit. I felt that I was worthless during my quit (even though I was doing way more than when was drinking) so I did write down everything I accomplished throughout the day. It ended up being a really long list (mostly of domestic tasks and taking care of myself and my family) and I had to keep that list in the forefront of my attention to keep from getting down. This time round it is much easier to get by, I don't feel like I have to work for it so hard. For a time I felt that doing the wash or dishes wasn't enough of a compromise to give up AL. Now it is cool to see how clean my house is and what wonderful dinner concoction I can assemble. It takes time to get our cojones in line and can really tell our ooomph!
                                Keep on Truckin!
                                -Tree 23 DAY 13
                                :earth: Tree23

Comment

Working...
                                X