X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

I'm sure LC will be here shortly with brekkie, but have a coffee so long:

The Nest is so busy, with long-timers popping in to say hallo, lurkers making their first post, newbies, tweenbies, oldbies and then the Nest Hens with their solid advice - lovely. Missing some people too - I think we should organise a search party.

Have a lovely AF Tuesday - chat later!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MAE Nesters! Nothing like a nice cup of coffee to start off the day. I appreciate it so much now that I'm not waking up with cotton mouth and a pounding headache!
      I'm running out to work so it's toast with peanut butter and strawberry jam, or for those of you who are gluten free or hate peanut butter, I've got oatmeal with apples, walnuts and maple syrup-- or a breakfast smoothie with almond milk, berries and vanilla vegan protein powder. Yummier than it sounds, I promise.

A quick :welcome: to Bastet!
      And big hugs :l to you all, especially you, LBeagle.
      Will check in this afternoon...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr G, so glad you moved on from those horrible AL thoughts, as the saying goes we can never trust al to ever go away, i am learning that.

LC atm it is only 42 degrees, woo hoo, send me whatever it will be appreciated. Only 3 more days to go. I am hoping to get some sleep but so wish i had air con. Funny how when you went away and i was just starting, i wanted to be af when you came home as i knew you would be proud of me. Its the little things that help. Not posting like a lunatic much anymore so i am sure there are a lot of grateful MWOers lol but always check in daily.

Keep those thoughts London even if you do get money. I have no idea where the money is that i save on al now but i am not looking for money to pay bills etc. Feels good and joining the gym on saturday as the $11 a week is what i used to spend on al a day.

Piper 192 days congratulations on your achievement you should be proud.

Over I so know that feeling, just one, who will know, i can start again, its okay, not that hard. I never ever want a day 1 again, that really stops me from drinking and i dont want hangovers or shakes or anything really. Nothing positive about drinking if you ask me. Post like a lunatic if you must as this got me through some terrible times where i was fighting with myself.

Jane, 2012 and we battled with that one also. this time feels right and i can only do one day at a time. Did i call my mother a cow. Yes probably lol but i kind of more relate to her as dragon lady. I love her dearly but hurt my kids and beware, im used to her words, well i am not but i have learnt to ignore them to the best of my ability. It is so hot today and my son is having a can of scotch and ginger ale. I had no inclination of even asking for a can let alone drinking one. I said to him, put them in the freezer so they get colder quicker. I am really proud of myself for saying that, i have no urge whatsoever atm and i hope it continues.

K9 100 nail polishes impressive. God i shudder at what my nails used to look like when i painted them pissed and what else got painted as well or when i had the shakes, blah. I am going to try and give up fags in a couple of weeks, i am not ready to give up another vice atm but god they are so expensive here $27 a packet of 40. I didnt spend that a day on al lol.

Belle congrats on 2 years, i cant wait to be there eventually but it will happen to all of us i hope.

LB you are such a strong woman and you keep guarding that quit with your life as you deserve a life, i hope you get a break soon, you deserve to be happy.

Well i went with my son today and enquired at the gym about costs so looks like Saturday is sign up day. their air con was not working today so bugger that. I feel ready now, only taken 45 days oops, to get motivated to join a bit of the world again and thank god i will have my son to motivate me. I want to be a yummy mummy at 50 and prove to family and friends that i have accomplished something in my life and i am loving it.

Hugs to all and be strong. Think of Mr G, Steady and myself melting away with the heat. So many bushfires in Aus now, so fingers crossed we dont get any big ones.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Little Beagle, hope you're ok.

As Available says, it's been almost 43 degrees celsius in Melbourne Australia today. Boy am i grumpy too.

Sorry, will try and be better company tomorrow!

love,
          Steady
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Above freezing here & very cloudy. Likely to rain later but no snow - yay!

LB, thinking of you :l

DTD, I love your extra large coffee pot - sure is needed around here

For those of you wanting to quit smoking visit Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community
            They have great suggestions & help there & I still pledge daily to remain smoke free.
            I think the big difference for me this time was finally using NRT to help break that nasty habit. You have a better chance of success if you use one of the products. I found quitting smoking to be much harder than quitting drinking. I am now 1701 days smoke free - they do the counting for you

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Do. I think there is enough coffee for everyone.
              I need my temperature converter ap, but I know 42c is hot.
              I am glad for you not drinking G-man. YOU rock! :guitar1:
              LC great to see you. I have been stress eating, so I will take that smoothie.
              Steady hope you feel better tomorrow.
              I am really working on this problem. Not drinking at it teaches you to actually solve something instead of just wishing it away. If I haven't been posting much, don't worry, I am working in other areas.
              Have a great day all.:dog::dog:
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE All
                K9 I quit smoking in 2000 or 2001 can't remember for sure. I found that if I ate unshelled sunflower seeds it was easier to avoid the urge to smoke and they aren't bad for your health (might want to get the unsalted ones if your blood pressure is high). Having something to do with your hands and something in your mouth makes it very hard to smoke.
                Bastet Welcome this place has been extemely helpful to me I'm only on Day 14 but it has been years since I've been able to put more than a couple of days together. Hang in there plenty of support here for you.
                Belle Girl congrats on 2 years!

Hope everyone has a safe and af day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick Fly by...we are heading to be with my step daughter this week, so I will check in from there... hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Welcome Bestet!! and congrats Belle on your amazing 2 years. I feel guilty not being able to keep up with everyone in the nest. This is a busy time of year for me at work and I will try and do better in the future.

Yesterday at work I had one of those I hate this jobs days. I had thoughts of wine while at work but on the way home I changed those thoughts around and instead said FUCK YOU WORK! I don't drink and you're not going to make me drink. By the time I got home, the feelings had passed. This is a first for me. work has always been my excuse to drink. Not anymore. I've taken that power back.

Have a great sober Tuesday everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone!!! 2 weeks for me Whhoooohooooo!!! I woke and was SO SO HAPPY I have made it 2 weeks. Just yesterday I think I posted about how I wish I could wake up refreshed and motivated for the gym and living a healthier lifestyle...well my wish came true!!! I woke and felt like I had a great sleep and I am ready for healthy eating and my gym bag is packed for afterwork! NO EXCUSES, I CAN DO THIS!!! I am super excited! The other thing I realized is that last night my DH and I were talking and realized we will have been married for 5 years this June. I mentioned we should go out of town or get a hotel or something and I thought...thats awesome! And then I thought oooh you know its the first time I was excited about going out of town and not have that feeling of "whats the point, its not like I can drink" I was like cool and I don't even want to drink. Good day so far!!!
                      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Honeysoup on your 2 weeks!! :goodjob:

Stay strong, I'm right behind you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good mornings Nesters, today is Day 12, almost two weeks, I have not done that in a long time, since a few months before my brother passed, so that would be mid summer. Once in a while I get the urge to go and buy a bottle of wine, but it is short lived.
                          Byrdie, I am with you as far as moderation goes, I thought I could do it, but when my stress level got so high so did my alchohol level.
                          Welcome back Fin like you I was doing so well, but stress took the better of me, I feel I am more determined than ever before. Yes the nest gave me all kinds of support and still I fell from it.
                          Dipgirl, looks like you and I are running almost hand in hand with our AL free days, I also have had two weekends free of Al.
                          I hate waking up and feeling like crap, since I stopped and the hangover subsided, I feel so much better and have more energy. I still have a few problems sleeping through the night, but hey give my insomnia over a hang over any day.
                          It is a beautiful sunny morning here in Ontario Canada, we had a bit of a Jan. thaw and now it is to be back to winter again, cold, YUK snow YUK oh yea lets not forget slippery BIG DOUBLE YUK. But hey I am Canadian and we get pleasure out of complaining about the weather, if you cannot change it complain.
                          So nesters, I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and it brings you all that you wish for, and I know the first thing is staying AF.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, this is my first time here and I am just learning my way around. I am ordering the book, cd's and some supplements.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin's back?

TTFP this AM. That's all I can do for now.
                              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest

It's been a while since I've been here. I hope everyone is doing well. I've really been reading up in here today. It was an eventful year last year and I'm still working on getting my life on track. Quitting the beast AL is still a goal. I really was trying to talk myself into moderation, but, unfortunately that does not seem to work for me.

Anyhoo... I'm happy to be here in the Nest this evening. Much love and strength to you all.
                                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Working...
                                X