Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good MAE Nesties!

Welcome Cherokeer! Pull up a branch, get comfy and stay a while! You've landed in a great place. You can do this, and we can help.

:yougo: Overit TTFP!! :yougo:

Honey!!! Way to go on 2 weeks! You've accomplished so much, keep it up my friend!

Nomorejim - I am on day 3 of not smoking...I am using nicotine gum and I have cinnamon flavored toothpicks. Every little thing helps. Thanks for your words of support!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seriously, why can't we have a like button in this place?

K9Lover;1612913 wrote: Good MAE Nesties!

:yougo: Overit TTFP!! :yougo:
      Thanks K9
      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I drank yesterday, but I woke up in the middle of the night and just thought, "No more. I'm just going to do it." (quit) I kept wondering if it was practical for me to quit, my husband drinks and it's around our house soo much. I was hoping kuzu would help me moderate, but I don't want to moderate anymore. I just want to be done. So here is day one for me too, but I'm going to build on that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks K9. I'm looking for a new way. This is so difficult but it is going to destroy everything. I have not been drinking for a long time but I am losing control and blacking out, saying things I would never say out loud in a million years and not remembering it. It's affecting my marriage now. I have got to regain control. I don't drink every day but most days I want to. I say I am only going to drink one or two glasses and drink two bottles and wake up hating myself just a little bit more.

Comment

Newbies Nest

When I quit smoking, I sucked on lolli-pops, the ol' hand mouth thing going on. But then you've got that whole sugar, candy issue going on.
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Cherokeer, I am on day 2 so can't really say anything meaningful except if I can do it so can you. I too was blacking out most nights and had begun talking in my sleep saying really weird things and not remembering them. My husband and I had a few fights. One night I talked about money - bad subject for us.

Moss Rose, no sugar, lavende, nomoreJim, trvistock, and honey soup thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!! And congratulations to all who are racking up the days!

So last night was first night AF and didn't sleep.. I'm used to passing out. But two good things did happen, about 8pm I got a call to come into work at 7:30am. If I had been drinking I would already have been smashed and been hung over now instead I am JUST tired, so much better. Then at 8:45 my eldest daughter called, last talked to her 2 weeks ago, I know if I had been drinking I either wouldn't have answered the phone or would be slurring my words and pissed her off. Instead we had a nice 25 min conversation.

Thank you all so much for giving me the courage to try and be sober! I know I am only on day two but I think the universe maybe trying to tell me something! Long day today 7:30-4:30 and then another job 5-10. I usually get home late and drink by myself. So I need to figure something else to do I know I won't be able to sleep.

K9 one of the things that helped me when I quit smoking was to keep a whole clove I'm my mouth and chew on it and fiddle with it. Not the greatest taste but it is sharp and spicy.

Happy AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was linked here from my post in "just getting started" https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...nal-89175.html I have had the chance to read up on some of the postings before I head out to do some shopping.

I have always been stubborn thinking that I do not need help, that I could do it alone but reading some of these posts really made me feel in good company. It is hard to think about others going through what I have been through because I tend to think of myself as an island.

You people inspire me a great deal. Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience!
                Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guess what today is?

DAAaaaayyyyyy 30!!!!!!!!

That's right folks I did it and I'm am celebrating by ... Going to get a six pack of-----O'doul's. Pretty much can't think if a reason to go backwards so I'll stick here with you birds!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh if anyone is concerned I've been drinking NA beer all along and am fine on it

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Bastet and welcome True Grit!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big Conga-Rats to ICAN !!! I'm on day 10, I believe. Feeling pretty good but also feeling some depression, looking at the damage and neglect I need to fix and catch up on. If I recall correctly, one of the keys at this stage is to not become overwhelmed. The remorse etc. has led me back to the bottle at this stage before. Not this time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1612997 wrote: Guess what today is?

DAAaaaayyyyyy 30!!!!!!!!

:jumpwow: inkele: Oh Ican this is the bestest bestest news!
                          :jumpwow: inkele:

Keep on doing this to Al :b&d:

Is there a support site for a really bad smiley addiction?
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27 - I'm pretty much the same stage as you and insomnia is an issue for sure. I take melatonin and valerian root when I can't sleep, as well as getting up and getting a snack instead of just laying there. best to ya's !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh hold on tight Uglyhat... I was very down for the first several weeks and fell many times around 2 week mark. No real advice besides going back to the bottle won't help fix it as you know . You really have to learn to sit with and accept all emotions and just saying I feel like shit but I don't drink anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks DTD couldn't have done it w/your coffee)))

Comment

Working...
                                X