Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Meech...
    I am so proud of you....keep it up sister!!
    You admitted u were feeling weak and we still all love you
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2

Good Morning/Afternoon-

MWO had made me wish for a wall of those world clocks-is it morning/afternoon where you are? so many people form EVERYWHERE!

Slept in pretty late this morning. Took my meds. Then I started getting texts from my best girlfriend of 7 years wanting to talk about a joint birthday party-our bdays are a day apart at the beginning of March.

I hate the whole social aspect of trying to quit AL and dealing with your friends perceptions of you as a party girl or whatever, the one they can count on to be there with them to get wild. Its always been a real stumbling block for me trying to explain making a change. She wants to do a laid back couples thing at the house which sounds ok, but metioned that we could "crash there" so obviously has lots of drinking in mind.

Other than that I am feeling pretty ok, not great but not too bad. Good ole friend anxiety is pretty well helped off by the diazepam at the moment. Can't tell about Campral or other anxiety med but it all goes to show with friends and stuff its not about the medicine its about the lifestyle change and shift of focus about how I see myself.

Thanks for listening!:thanks:
      I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marriedgirl... perhaps you should let your friend in on your plans to quit drinking? Not sure about you and her, but my friends all knew that I was drinking way too much and were somewhat worried - and have been very supportive. Now, that said, the same friend who left a 'Are you an Alcoholic' test by my computer once, ushered me to try a new kind of Bailey's at her house later... they forget. It just isn't a big deal in their head or life. I just repeated "No, thank you. I'm good."

Make a plan for your birthday celebration... definitely plan on going home (sober), include lots of yummy food treats, etc... and have the time of your life!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I'm sure I will have to go there with that discussion before we get together so we are on the same page. I also have some friends who know I drink too much and support it but the ones that are like, Why? I don't understand you don't have a problem... seem to have issues themselved I've noticed so if you're changing they feel weird about themselves.
          I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, you have a point there.

Many of 'us' know for quite some time that our behavior and/or habit isn't 'normal'. I was mighty surprised when I confided in one of my best friends and her response was... what's that website? I think I should join you...

Your friend may surprise you, too. A true friend will support you and help you along in achieving your goal. I'm sure your friend will come through for you, as well.

Good luck.. and GOOD FOR YOU.. for thinking and planning ahead!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Sunny! I saw your name and just had to stop by and say Hi! Good to see you, as always.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Meech - I did the same thing as you the first time I tried to stop drinking. Went 18 days and then had 4 glasses of wine - felt like crap (wouldn't have normally). So totally reinforced my resolve to stop. Hate that feeling - feel bad for you as I know exactly how you feel. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Thinking of you and love your positive attitude (even when I know you are feeling really bad)

Hang in there girl - we are all here to help!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys. Yeah if we were given a plate of delicious food but were told there's a 90% chance you'll get food poisoning and feel really sick the next day, we would never touch it.

Well I still feel absolutely awful and it's 1:30pm (after a big nap).

Must remember this day the next time I want to drink.

Hope everyone is having a great sober day and hangover free. Let me be the example today that it's just not worth it. All I did last night was watch T.V. How was drinking improving that?

Congrats on your AF's yesterday and today! I will be joining you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heyyyy dillarooney! :hallo:
                    What's up, my dear... how are you doing?

Jolie is right, Meech... You will feel better tomorrow and hopefully, this will strengthen your resolve. It took me a good number of runs at it, but each time I failed, it reinforced what I knew I had to do in the end.

I suppose, if you look at it as a learning experience, a 'tool' you can and will use in the future, yesterday was not so bad

Chin up - onwards and upwards!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sunshine! You brightened my cloudy day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Just a quick check in before heading off to work. Day 3 and doing good! I so appreciate all you MWOers and your posts. Someone posted that sobriety is not an event it is a process. And Jolie yes you are right thank you - I am so much better since finding MWO than I was before or would have been without you all.

I did my drinking at home alone mostly so do not have the social issues a lot of you have. I don't think I even know any other female among my friends who drinks too much (or maybe they just drink at home alone too!!!). Some of their husbands are a different story though.

Something I enjoyed because I was sober last night was I could choose when I went to bed not going there because I was just so out of it and so tired I couldn't do anything else. And today I have enjoyed waking up early and feeling like I've had a good sleep and am ready to go to work and have a good attitude about that. I am happy! What a gift.

Hope you all have a good day/night
                        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening All
                          Just home from work - world clock thing prob a very good idea, some gettin up some going to bed!!!!
                          Jolie Jim Mama Mazzie Sun and everyone else out there, greetings!
                          Meech, remember the 15 days, you sound strong and focused and like Sun says we probably need to fall a few times to realise that we really don't want to feel like that ever again. Tomorrow is another lovely day to look forward to.
                          MarriedGirl, you sound so much stronger than the last time you posted. Yeah the social side is a bitch, to explain or not to explain. I haven't said anything to anyone except my husband, doctor, and you lot on here, I don't know what other people think, and to be honest cos this is such a big deal to me I don't really care what they think. The birthday thing is tricky, personally I would nip it in the bud ( the crashing in the house an all ) maybe suggest going out for a meal or something instead, but thats just me.
                          Night night (morning morning?) everyone
                          Molly:l
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all:l

Meech you can learn a positive, next time you feel tempted you could think back to how you felt today. I dread to think how I'd be if I have a couple now, the thought is tempting to me right now though. Big trip in a couple of days and I'm finding myself thinking well I could just have a couple of beers.. Maybe I won't, the thought of travelling back hungover makes me feel ill. Don't beat yourself up over it though you still own those 15 days :l

JB congrats:l I've been following in your footsteps for the last month, I'm 30AF tomorrow, wow never would have believed that, I can honestly say that if it wasn't for having the kids I'd have been drinking 24/7 when I first posted... Anyway JB:goodjob:
                            WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Hope everyone is happy in the nest today.

Meech - Don't beat yourself up. Use this as a learning curve and get straight back in the saddle. I did the same a while ago (a bottle of wine and 2 beers.) I felt terrible the next but was almost PLEASED that I had been reminded how bad hangovers were.

Big hugs
                              Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in after my training session.

Started with a 30 min run / walk combo (in 30 degree heat.)

Then off to the gym for 45 mins boxing / cycling / treadmill / rower.

I'm tired, dripping with sweat, very smelly and I feel GREAT!!

(Also, my PT is rather easy on the eye!)

Spam xx

Comment

Working...
                                X