Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin;1613861 wrote: F'in - A! Please give me the strength to get through this day...just this one day...
    Me too, Fin!

Let's begin again together. We can do it!:l
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1613864 wrote: Me too, Fin!

Let's begin again together. We can do it!:l
      Hi Star, what day are you on? I keep stumbling as I often do before gaining some momentum. I feel embarrassed that I keep coming back here only to fail in the end. People only have so much patience for that.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1. Again, Fin. We can be quit buddies, if you want. I can't do this anymore. I have to stop now, before more wicked things happen. As Byrdie just said, it will only get worse.
        I got a huge supply of industrial strength butt velcro and am working on a minute by minute plan to get myself through this day. Let's do this, Fin!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Fin!!! :l
          Don't be embarrassed, just keep trying! Is there anything you want to talk about that we can help you with?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star, let's do it. I'm so happy to have you by my side and K9, always a delight to hear/see you. Thanks so much, you guys. Time to get to work.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My heart feels so good to be here right now. I have been feeling so bad today, especially since I've been with MWO for a year and have yet to be successful for a significant period of time. But I feel good to be here with true Newbies and some of you who have come back, like myself. At this point in time, the MWO community is my only source of support and I have to say THANK YOU to you all. I don't feel so lonely with you guys here.
              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

We're on Friend! Yes, it's time to get to work! Here's a load of butt velcro fer ya and I think we can snug up under our nest mom's wings. You take the port side and I'll take the starboard side.
                Do you have any upcoming exciting events you can think about planning for to keep you on track? I remember at one time, you were planning a wonderful boat trip.
                I have another daughter getting married in April and I need to stay clean and healthy in the meantime to help her with all the plans and be able to join in the excitement.
                The last time I quit, for seven months, I was able to keep the momentum going by anticipating upcoming events.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mein! Good to have you back, too!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1613877 wrote: My heart feels so good to be here right now. I have been feeling so bad today, especially since I've been with MWO for a year and have yet to be successful for a significant period of time. But I feel good to be here with true Newbies and some of you who have come back, like myself. At this point in time, the MWO community is my only source of support and I have to say THANK YOU to you all. I don't feel so lonely with you guys here.
                    Hi Mein, I know what you mean. I was just looking at my join date and it's June 2012?! So I've been battling on and off here for nearly two years??!! Regardless, any success I have had over that time is the direct result of being plugged into this network of loving, caring and like-minded folks. I too am very grateful and know that we all have what it takes to be successful. As K9 said, we must keep trying.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1613879 wrote: We're on Friend! Yes, it's time to get to work! Here's a load of butt velcro fer ya and I think we can snug up under our nest mom's wings. You take the port side and I'll take the starboard side.

Do you have any upcoming exciting events you can think about planning for to keep you on track?
                      Perfect. In terms of upcoming trips, Mexico in March with the family for some beach and scuba time. In April I'm headed to the McKenzie River in OR for a wooden boat builder festival. Come May, the water will be back up in our area and I'll be trying to secure rivver permits. Summer means a lot of bluegrass jams and river trips. There is SO much to look forward to! The trick is not letting AL creep into the scene as it often does :-(

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd that is the first I've heard drinking AT someone. Wow! Let me just say, I can totally relate to that one with my own husband, but had never thought of it that way....or was never able to put it to words. I always feel like it is my little rebellion...so yeah...that's something new to ponder.

Goodnight all, thanks to everyone for the kind words of support these past couple of days.
                        :new:

AF since January 15, 2014
                        Goal: short-term make it through this week, then the rest of the month of Jan.
                        Long-term: no more ever...not even one, because I can never have just one.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree with Yellow Lab, the idea of drinking (and eating) AT someone is reallyy something to ponder.
                          Byrdlady you are a very wise woman and your posts are an inspiration to me.
                          AF since 28 October 2013
                          600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

I drank AT my exboyfriend for years...and like Byrdie said, all it did was make me a fat, lazy, drunk. I showed him eh?? Every time we had a fallout I would immediately plan on how I'd get some beer on the way home and then shut off the phone and really make him pay. Yeah right. Talk about a plan backfiring. I'd always end up drunk-calling him anyways, despite all my promises to myself that I wouldn't!!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow ByrdLady, you brought tears to my eyes. (Not an easy Feat) Such a simple statement. Such a huge and powerful truth, one, that I did not see. What is the saying..... why are you drinking the poison expecting the other person to die...I feel a little sick to my stomach. My stubbornness really is a force of nature that has not been used for good but evil. I might just vomit.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cherokeer;1613903 wrote: . My stubbornness really is a force of nature that has not been used for good but evil. I might just vomit.
                                Hi, Cheerokeer

Now you can use that to your benefit - no matter what comes up or how many urges to drink you feel, you can STUBBORNLY REFUSE! Set your mind to this! You'll never regret it, I promise.

Star and Fin, welcome back to the Nest! You've done this before and you can do it again :l.

There are so many people posting in the nest right now with Big Numbers - congratulations to all of you! Newbies and Returners, DO WHAT THEY DO! There is no need to reinvent the wheel here - read and read and post and post. Stay close and you can get this done.

:h NS

Comment

Working...
                                X