Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow ByrdLady

I have just read your earlier post about drinking and eating AT someone.

I am trying to help my best friend become AF ( we are now at Day 11) and think i can use your post to help explain why her she may have become more dependent on AL.

Thanks for being here!

We will be here too. All the way through!

Comment

Newbies Nest

True words No Sugar. Now that I recognize the behavior. I will stubbornly refuse to drink at someone and stubbornly reinvent new habits and coping mechanisms. Life got to be too painful and I checked out of the conscious agony only to create my Dante's inferno. Damn!

Jane, keep going. Never quit quitting. Much peace, love, and positive energy to you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

What an awesome post, Jane. Thank you. Your story sounds very similar to mine in so many ways and I also know that, without a doubt, having another drink is like "cossing a toin" :H:H as to whether I will live or die, also. I am working on my plan to avoid relapse pitfalls and triggers and will share when I have a few notes about that. Right now, I am sticking close, reading, posting, and looking forward to a better future (and now).
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, Jane, I managed seven months with the support from this site. I could write a big report on what made me break....and I probably will do that so I can post it to No Sugar's Relapse in Retrospect Thread (have you seen that one?) I would bump it up, if I knew how, but someone will be able to do that for you.
          I would say one thing that contributed to the relapse is that I stopped posting. One other major factor is that I was comparing myself to others who seemed to be doing so much better than I...I got tired of the daily struggle, even at seven months and I didn't want to admit the trouble I was having, for fear of discouraging others.
          Another factor, I believe was the fact that I had relapsed before (after 3 years, believe it or not) and I talked myself into believing another relapse was just inevitable. All of these thoughts and actions were wrong, wrong, wrong. And look where it got me. Back at square one after another 6 months of this crap.
          Like Byrdlady says- we should protect our quits like they were gold. They really are. I hope this has helped, Jane :l

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I am in Oregon too. The summer is lovely and the beer at the festivals... But is also great to actually remember the bands! I saw Tom Petty and Bob Dylan once, second row (years ago) and I not only blacked out the show I forget it ever even took place! I told my friend "I've never seen Tom Petty." And she just looks at me and says "Yes you have!" and then I argue with her a bit and she fills in some details and some vague recollections start coming in. Ugh. What a waste.

I love all the doggie talk. I have a doxie. He just walked into the house (literally) and adopted us one day. I used to be a big dog person but he is such a sympathetic soul. When I feel bad he just looks at me with those understanding eyes. And cleaning up the yard is much easier than when we had a mastiff.

It is true that the al is worse than the pop. I kicked the Coke a Cola habit a while ago and I just loath to go back to it. I usually get tea at the knit meet up and I think I will sip that slowly and maybe take a little bag of chips to celebrate with myself on the walk home-and walk a different way. So weird that a knit night would be my biggest trigger of the week, but it's the time when I step away from the family and talk with other grown ups. There's no alcohol connected to it. It's all in my head.

Well, 2 days down, here's to a day of being productive, present, and having a clear head, for all of us.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, I just bumped it up for you. It's under General Discussion Thread. I hope this works.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two days is Great, Gracie! Sounds like you have a good plan for your walk home from knitting party, but if you start having any weak thoughts, it may be best just to stay home from knitting tonight. Sometimes, right at first, we have to avoid ALL triggers at ALL cost. Good luck!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

11 days AF!!

Hello :new:

This is HP and TJ looking for help to get to Day 12 and beyond!

Been consumed by the bottle for 7 years and now its time to get my life back! It's my life afterall!

Not sure I can do this on my own. Is there anyone here to help me on this journey?

Comment

Newbies Nest

HP and TJ, I am new here too. I don't have a great deal of experience but I can offer my support and we can all journey the ups an downs together.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin and star! Good to see you guys again. I don't know if it's good or bad but it's like old friends week around here. Mein is back too. Me too. Day 24 here.

TTFP!
                      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cherokeer

I know your new here too but I have a feeling were amoung friends who will help us on this journey were both on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit-still;1614009 wrote: Hi Fin and star! Good to see you guys again. I don't know if it's good or bad but it's like old friends week around here. Mein is back too. Me too. Day 24 here.

TTFP!
                          24 Days is supreme. Well done! I just need to get through this day :-)
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's.

Keep it going Fin. Go forward boldly and unafraid friend.

I've just noticed this thread has had over 1,000,000 views! What a milestone for MWO.

Thanks Roberta for kicking us off, and thanks to every single poster and lurker.

Think positive and kick some arse in your own way out there Nester's. At day 87, i'm starting to visualise my possibilities and seeing that i can come out the other side and be all i am meant to be.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, and thanks for the welcome back. Fin- we got this one! The day is almost done, right? You okay?

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1614056 wrote: Hi all, and thanks for the welcome back. Fin- we got this one! The day is almost done, right? You okay?
                                I'm in hell right now as my bewitching hour is upon me in 50 mins. Gotta take it a minute at a time. How you holdin' up?
                                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X