Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1614691 wrote: Lol hanging tough not having it tough ....sorry
    Ican, auto correct is my worst enema! :H
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lots of great posts in the last 24 hours! This is truly am amazing place of support.
      HP and TJ, day 13 was a turning point for me....that was the day something clicked in my head and I knew this was something I could do. I hope it is an easy day for you!

A few months ago, I had an episode of a drinking thought....it hit me out of left field and was strong! I got thru it, and posted about it on the 100 day thread. A few days later, a 4 year AF'er got hit like I did. It happens. I knew (thru bitter experience) where one drink would lead me....but I wanted relief...BAD. I realized that I am an AL addict, and what I was feeling was MY ADDICTION. Addiction Head ( Dick Head) is very powerful....he really wants to stay alive and will tell you ANYTHING to get a fix! Do whatever it takes to stay sober, as the Queen of Day 1's, I am not going backwards. Being and getting sober is not always easy, but it's a 1000 times better than the prison I was in with AL. Protect your quit at all costs! It IS worth it. I HATE AL.

Hang strong everyone! Byrdie
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lots of great posts in the last 24 hours! This is truly am amazing place of support.
        HP and TJ, day 13 was a turning point for me....that was the day something clicked in my head and I knew this was something I could do. I hope it is an easy day for you!

A few months ago, I had an episode of a drinking thought....it hit me out of left field and was strong! I got thru it, and posted about it on the 100 day thread. A few days later, a 4 year AF'er got hit like I did. It happens. I knew (thru bitter experience) where one drink would lead me....but I wanted relief...BAD. I realized that I am an AL addict, and what I was feeling was MY ADDICTION. Addiction Head ( Dick Head) is very powerful....he really wants to stay alive and will tell you ANYTHING to get a fix! Do whatever it takes to stay sober, as the Queen of Day 1's, I am not going backwards. Being and getting sober is not always easy, but it's a 1000 times better than the prison I was in with AL. Protect your quit at all costs! It IS worth it. I HATE AL.

Hang strong everyone! Byrdie
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

HP and TJ keep busy. Walk, shop at bed, bath, beyond, anything to keep your brain occupied.
          MyLuck 90 days is huge! :wave:
          Jim glad you are here with us.
          Having a restful weekend.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD - welcome back. As Hyper says, stick with the rest of us quads. Shit happens, and it was certainly through no fault of yours. This evil stuff gets a hold on you and you should not feel bad, just come back even more determined to beat it. And you will beat it. We all will. We started out as four of us and we'll beat this thing as four of us!
            I can beat this.
            Today is the day I start.
            1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

Glad to see everyone checking with & sticking with their plans

I received some news this morning that immediately reminded me to remain grateful for all that I have, especially my health. My nephew's wife suffered a stroke this week, age 42. She's a healthy young woman, no--smoker, avid runner - this was completed unexpected. She is stable & will be going to rehab soon to rebuild her strength. I hope she makes a complete recovery.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Lav, that is terrible. With the loss of my SIL, I am reminded of the same thing. I am trying to live life and appreciate each and every day. I am so glad I am not speeding up the process (of dying) any more! Good vibes being sent your way. Xxoo, Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well check in time for me and today is 50 damn days of heaven! I am going to post what i put on another thread to show how proud I am of my achievement and who i spent my 50 day anniversary with even if under not great circumstances.

"well here i am sitting in my daughters bed having a coffee and waiting for my toast. she rang me last night crying and vomiting and bless her had food poisoning so at 11pm she wanted her mum. i drove the 45 mins to get here and you dont believe how good that felt that i was totally here for her. she wanted me to sleep with her so we talked well into the small hours as she could not sleep. i feel so tired but so grateful that i could step up to the plate. so here i am having coffee and toast and chatting to her. i think last night was for me to prove to her i was always here and for her to see that i could be there for her.

day 50 and last night proved to me that i never want to drink again, i always want to be here for my children now no matter want, they always want their mum no matter what. "

To all those struggling at the end of the day its the small things that count and to be proud of.

Today I will not drink!
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav I am so sorry for your nephews life and at such a young age. Best wishes to you and the family.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, Wow that is such a powerful post!! I think my biggest regret is that my daughters feel like I have let them down and not been there for them when they needed me. For sure I have never missed a real catastrophe but I think there is this general feeling of we never know if mom has been drinking or not. That is the universe telling you on the eve of your 50th day that you are on the right path. Congratulations!!!
                      I didn't mean to imply it was a good thing your daughter was sick only that it is wonderful that you could be there for her. I hope she is feeling better.

Lav, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew's wife! We never know what is around the corner. I will send healing wishes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

All, thank you so much for your cheers on my big day - 90 days AF. I really truly appreciate it and it means a LOT to me. I wouldn't be here without your advise and support. I just re-read my posts from long ago and I see how strong I have become. Thank you. :h:h:h
                        AF since 10/20/2013
                        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                        Meat free since 09/20/2008
                        ---------------------------------------
                        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck...WooHoo on 90 days!!! What a great accomplishment..you should be proud!!
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav.:l
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry lav that's scary

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yea for MyLuck!!!! I hope to be in your 90 day shoes sometime soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X