Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congrats Byrdladie and Pavati. Your posts are always inspiring and reading them daily is a very large part of the reason that I have been able to make it this far. Thanks for your inspiration.
    Darkest Diamond- I recently left a job that I worked 10 to 12 hours and weekends then on call. Went in to work sometimes after drinking (not very intelligent). The hours made it tough. Changing jobs helped alot I had more time to figure out a good plan and to be able to work on it. I hope that you are able to find something that isn't as demanding. Hang in there I'm rooting for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HP You are a wonderful friend to be so caring. I hope you can talk her through this. Sometimes it helps just knowing someone else cares. That there is someone you just don't want to let down.
      DD I am sorry you are in such a stressful place right now. I know the feeling of wondering if it will ever let up. I recently had a time where I just had to put my food down and say enough is enough. I hope you can resolve this.
      Have a great af night all.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Sorry, I've been tied up with family all day & haven't checked back in since early this morning.

Cherokeer & DD - you both took a step backward this weekend but you can make it right again.
        Revise your sobriety plans & if it means turning down invitations & living like a hermit for a few months - do it, I did!
        Job stress is another story, I understand that as well. Decent jobs are hard to find these days but keeping a job that's going to keep you stuck in an addiction is not a great idea. One thing we all have to do is pay more attention to our individual self-care. I really hope you can speak to your employer DD & see if some changes can be made for your benefit.

Byrdie, time flies when you're having fun, huh? CONGRATS to you on your awesome 3 year quit
        Party time tomorrow :H :H

I am pretty beat so I'm just going to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Extra Velcro available if needed

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Now, how funky are these mugs:

DD, I really hope you can do something about our job situation: I don't think any of us (much) mind long working hours when necessary, but when excessive hours become the norm simply because you are scared of losing your job, things have gone too far. It cannot be healthy from any angle.

Internet very wonky today - waiting hours for pages to open - will chat more if/when things improve.

Is Poppy not also on a big day with Pav? Again, cannot check :upset: Congratulations, both of you! Happy dances inkele: inkele:

Have a marvellous AF Monday, Nesters!
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest. Just checking in to stay accountable! Only a short message for the moment... I'm going to get my out of the house tasks done early so that I #1 go out of the house today and #2 I'm not in the grocery store in the afternoon. That seems to be the time when I get in trouble. Since my depression behavior is to be sad after lunch, I think it's better to NOT be near a shopping area when that hits because I'm finding it easy to buy AL anywhere. Just two weeks ago I was in RJ Maxx (the European version of TJ Maxx) and they had discount wine at the checkout counter. Well... how easy is that??? I think staying away from the bad triggers is what I need at the moment, then later on I can work on getting past those triggers all together.

I'm thinking of you all this morning. Much love and strength to you!
            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love the mugs Dream. Yes it is Pop and Pav's 50 day celebration today. What a great achievement lovely ones. Feel the love today as you have totally deserved this milestone. I may be one day in front of you both but i walk proudly beside you on this journey.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Byrdie, on your three years af!!

Your candour, humour, compassion and common sense are a blessing to we Nesters.

Wishing you the very best for your af future. And enjoy celebrating this huge milestone!

Steady
                :h
                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lavande, Relearning my place in everything I realize is going to take time. I lost 150 pounds at one time and had to relearn and restructure every habit I had. Time, practice, introspection, supplements, exercise, the formula really isn't all that different. I think deep down I was hoping this was going to be easy. Silly me, nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Peace and strength to you all this Monday friends.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

The sleep fairy didn't help me out much last night - up way too early, oh well.

Chero, it would be wise to apply those same principles to your quit
                    You had to be extremely committed to your weight loss plan to be so successful, congrats on your success. Just don't give up trying - you will get this!

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a great AF Monday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein it sounds like you have a good plan. For me planning was a key part of succeeding at those difficult times.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie
                        a big congrats to you on your three years!!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, congratulations! You are an inspiration & huge source of encouragement.

I'm trying to get back on track, starting day 2. Need to get a plan together & really do it this time.

Peaceful, sober day to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1615724 wrote: Good morning Nest. Just checking in to stay accountable!
                            It is good to see you! Checking in the nest each day to read and post can help so much (just look at what it has done for Byrdie :H!).

Congratulations, POPPY and PAVLOTI, on getting 50 days behind you! I hope that long stretch is helping you know in your hearts that you can do this and that seeing you gives the nesters who are starting out or starting over the encouragement they need to make this a top priority in their lives and get it DONE.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest, it's so good to see you all as well.

The morning was successful. My poor pup had to go to the vet for teeth cleaning and it turns out the vet had to pull three of his teeth (they were loose). So before picking up the pup I was able to go to the grocery store with my hubby. Being with someone and worrying about my dog kept me from the "bad" part of the grocery store. I'm going to make it a point from now on to only shop in the mornings and see if that works for me. Today was successful so I can celebrate that.

Feeling a bit run down right now. I need to study my German language homework but the damn afternoon depression fog is setting in. I'm going to get out my books, grab a cold non-AL drink and sit with my pup on the couch while he's recovering (napping). Thinking positive thoughts that the depression fog doesn't take me down today. It's a good thing there is no AL in the house.

Afternoon check in accomplished! I'll be back soon after some much needed studying.
                              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest, we have a lot accomplishments today Byrdlady, WineBGone, Poppy, Pavati and many others.
                                AF since 10/20/2013
                                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                                ---------------------------------------
                                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Working...
                                X