Newbies Nest

Birdie, It will be a straight up honor to be mooned by you. LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome back roxane & yellow!
      Gracieb, CONGRATS to you on your 7 AF days :yay:

Cherokeer, doing great - keep moving forward

Well, it's still snowing here - started at 9 am, it's nearly 9 pm & has been coming down at the rate of 1-2 inches/hour. Do the math :H :H
      I am blessed to have a neighbor with a large truck & plow. He's been here twice to clear my driveway. I just handed him a loaf of fresh oat bread I baked today
      Now the temps are heading down to single digits overnight - swell.

I hope everyone has a safe & cozy night in the nest. Stay put, it's too cold to venture out!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello chicks in the nest. I have somehow caught a stomach bug and feel miserable. I am still at work but just waiting until I can go home and crawl into bed.
        I know there are several new people and some that have returned so I will be looking through the posts tomorrow to catch up. The good thing is AL is the furthest thing from my mind right now. I hope everyone has a good night and just to be safe you better stay on your side of the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

LB - while you're giving props for inspirational posts, don't forget yourself. Thanks for that one.

Jane - Zowie. What a story - I'm glad you got out of there and can focus on you. My job is extremely busy and stressful but I have the benefit of loving what I do and my immediate team, so it works well. I just wish sometimes it was half the job so I could have more in the other part of my life.

Welcome back, Mechelle - glad you came back so quickly.

Yellow - re: AA. What I didn't like about it (reading, mind you, never attending a meeting) was the idea of "powerlessness." The wise LifeChange pointed out that actually we have all of the power we need - to just say no to alcohol. If we say yes and have a drink, we are surrendering that power to alcohol, because we are no longer in control. Made sense to me - as does Kuya's idea of acceptance. Acceptance has taken the choice and chatter out of my head. No choice, no alcohol. Now I can focus on something else.

Hope you feel better soon, Bastet.

Good night, Nesters. Stay close (but not too close during the flu season). xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the encouragement everyone, and especially the moon, Byrdlady. Golly! Didn't expect that! I am feeling happy and grateful to make it this week. I feel kind of like I haven't been tempted too hard so I am a little apprehensive, but I got the book I saw in the reading threads below, "Kick the Drink Easily" and have read a little of it. I'm looking forward to heading to bed and reading some more tonight.

Cherokeer, you are right about my daughter and I need to be more patient with her. She was in a much better mood today and met with a friend to go over plans. It's just so up and down! One day she's on top of the world and looking forward, the next it's all despair and nobody is going to come, everything is going wrong.... I wouldn't be 22 again for all the tea in China!

Good night everyone. I hope everyone is warm and safe!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

It's an absolutely lovely day in my part of the Nest. Lav, I don't want to do the math - it might just attract the snow or something.

(sorry guys - will see what I can do for you tomorrow)

Have a good and AF Hump Day, Nesters!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice cup this morning Dreamy! Congrats on your 100 days hun, a fantastic achievement and I am chuffed to bits for you!!! :l:l:l
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Check in time for me.

Gracie congrats on 7 days, well done and keep going, you will never ever regret it.

Mesh, i've dont the mod road as i am sure 99% of us have and it hasnt worked. Mine failed dismally, i thought i was doing well that i was not buying a bottle and hiding it in my drawer but i was filling up the wine bottles in the fridge with water and replacing them the next day. Funny how the al brain works. Now i accept i cannot ever drink as i am an alcoholic life is so much better hard as it was to realise.

Yellow welcome to MWO, its a lovely place to nest.

LB i cannot live without MWO, i have to be accountable for not drinking and you all keep me on the straight and narrow. What a beautiful post and you worded it perfectly as it is the way i feel. I cant run and hide anymore or lie about my al addiction and i dont want to. If we can help one person to stop al then it has been worth every word typed on here.

My day has been great, fantastic really. I went on a date yesterday, he asked if i wanted a drink, i said Lemon lime and bitters please, he said dont you want a wine, i said no thank you, he asked if i was sure, i said yes as i dont drink. He had 2 beers and i had to soft drinks, we went for dinner and he said would you like a bottle of wine and i said no thanks and he said thats right you dont drink. 6 weeks ago i would have caved in, given in to al and the al thoughts but now it was so easy to say No. I looked at people drinking in the sun thinking "god i wish i could be a normal drinker" but i cant be normal with drinking, ever and now i realise this, it feels good. No fighting with myself constantly, no battles from within.

Keep up the great numbers everyone, each day gets better and better.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, GREAT post. Awesome. I'm also checking in to be accountable. Short post for now but more later when I read more, I just had to say thank you for that post... def what I needed this afternoon!
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Looks & feels like the North Pole outside of my portion of the nest :H
                      Haven't been out to measure yet but it looks like something over a foot of snow out there - more than enough!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday - Hump day!
                      Good job on turning down the drink offers available

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All
                        First of all I didn't realize until I did roll call that myself, Honeysoup, and Londoner were all on the same day and we all made 3 weeks yesterday! Congrats to you and everyone else.
                        Kuya - you said something that really stuck with me about "belief that you can recover and patience with yourself and the process." One of my biggest fears when I started this was that I wouldn't be able to quit It would be like every other attempt that I had made. Words of wisdom from people who have been there have proven to be invaluable this time aound. The cravings are getting weaker and I find myself not thinking about it nearly as much.
                        Byrd I am so looking forward to the day that I can say that I have been sober for 3 years ( i'll be real happy with three months right now).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, Day 5 started out waking up well rested. Tomorrow I have a presentation at work and I am a little nervous. But I feel more in control and confident then I have in a long time. I look better, even after such a short time. Makes me even more hopeful for how I will look and feel by summer when kayaking in Ernest begins. Still a bit nervous about Saturday. But I would like to not wake up Sunday feeling like crap, for once.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stopping in to say "hi"! Hope your presentation goes well Cherokeer.

Lavande, I wish you could send a little snow our way. We haven't hardly any this year.

Congrats on three weeks Londoner, Honeysoup and Jim.

Heading off for a day of being present, being able to make decisions, help my kids with their math and all that, due to being AF! So glad to begin day 8!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy sober Wednesday one and all new and old memebers . Have read some great post . MWO is my special place where I come to connect with folks who fully understand how I feel or what I am going through not to mentions oddles and oodles of support, ideas and heart felt experiences. I like to come on when nobody else is about as this is a private journey and I like to be open and honest on here with full ananimity nobody in my real life understands so thats why I keep here private from that.

A theme that comes up with many members and me in the past to many to remember is starting over again when you have had a slip. Never feel bad about starting over again, the time to feel bad is when you stop starting over and I truely believe we all sucessed when our time is right for some that is first time out for other the 101 times, its not the amount of times that counts but the trying.

I realised today when I look in the mirror these days I like what a see, yes I would love to be 20 or 30 years younger, but I see a lady in her 50's with a sparkle in her eye a nice clear complection, no post boozing puffy face and eye bags. I also see a face that is nicely made up as now I dont have the burden of lugging a hangover around I take time to apply my make up and, do my hair and apply perfume. Being af has given the incentive, the motivation and the time to be the women that I have longed for over 30 years to be. I know that 52 days is not a lifetime but I am working on that one day at a time. So if it your day 1 again be proud that you had the courage to come and try again and never give up giving up !!
                              AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

Congrats to all that are reaching milestones, whether it's 3 days or 3 years...it's all a great achievement in our world! Keep it up and never look back.

Gracie - A lot (most) of people come here with the pipe dream that some day they can moderate. Unfortunately, that is just not possible for an alcoholic. Believe me, I tried EVERYTHING under the sun to make it happen. All that happened is that I drank harder than ever knowing I was "limiting" myself the next day. Drinking is such hard WORK! From planning it, to doing it, to hiding it the day after....I was finally able to quit when not drinking became easier than drinking. And now, I rarely get a craving, but when I do, I know exactly where to come...right here!!!

Poppy - Loved your post...don't you feel light without that hangover? Funny what we start doing when we get sober (that we should have been doing all along)...like flossing our teeth and taking our makeup off at night! Keep up your great work!

I hope everyone is safe from the storms! California is currently experiencing the worst drought in history. It was overcast yesterday, but that was just smog blowing over from China. *sigh*

Have a great day and stick close. You'll never regret not drinking the night before...I promise!!!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X