Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nest

I've got one of those situations going where someone tangential in my life is reacting to me in a way that is causing great stress for people I really care about and so, for me, too. Believe it or not, this is the first time since I quit that I've experienced the frustration and sadness and anger and hurt feelings that come from this type of thing with someone I cannot confront (without worsening the situation). My life has not been free of controversy or stress but until today, I have been able to work on the situation or with the person to resolve the problems. This one is simmering inside... My stomach hurts, I can't eat, my chest is tight. Guess what I used to do under these circumstances ???

But no matter what, I'm not going to do that! This is why I think it is so important to do what it takes to get some precious AF time behind you. Get that moon on 7 days, and then the hat at 30 days. Celebrate all those milestones! It is a good thing to have too much to lose. This has been one of the greatest times in my life but I sure don't want to have to do it over again.

If I'm tempted later today, which I really don't think I will be (especially since even just opening up here about how I feel is letting some of the tightness out of my chest ), I will use one of the tools I've learned about since I joined MWO. If I have internet access, I'll just hang out here reading and posting. If I don't (and I won't at some points due to travel), I'll text someone or write in a journal. There is always
    something to do besides take a drink.

Thanks for listening, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All, I am feeling much better today. Clearly something I ate that did not agree with me, short lived but those 6 hours were brutal!
      Cherokeer good luck on your presentation! Even if it is only a few days I am sure your eyes are clearer and your face more relaxed.
      gracieb congratulations on day 7, I am right in front of you with day 10. I read "Kick the drink easily" and thought it was pretty good. He sort of brain washes you after all the pages, repeating the same thing, but in a way that is good if it gets you in a right mind set.
      Ava, wow a date! I've been married 30 years and can't even remember what those were like. Good job on the lemon lime and bitters ~ that sounds good I'll have to try that.
      Three weeks NomoreJim, Honey and Londoner you all rock!
      Poppy I know what you mean about being a woman in her 50's and liking what she is. I am no where near as far as you are but an interesting thing happened to me yesterday. I went to the dermatologist and she always has her staff take pictures for before and after comparisons. Anyway she came and asked me if I had lost weight and I said no and then she showed me the picture from last May and the one from today. Wow was I less puffy around my eyes and cheeks! What difference and only 9 days. I was really pleasently surprised.
      NoSugar it sounds like a very stressful time for you right now. It also sounds like you have all your tools lined up and your priorities in order. I hope your day goes smoothly.
      Happy AF hump day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Day 17 AF. We've had alot of dinners where everyone drinks wine and I'm finding it easier and easier to resist. But, I am VERY depressed. Today it's been overwhelming, unable to do anything! Any suggestions or encouraging information? Is this related to withdrawal? If so, how long can this take to get over???
        Thanks for any feedback.
        Go as far as you can see.
        When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
          I had to go out of town for a couple days for work and just got back in. I have not had time to catch up, but will do so as soon as I can. Just wanted to be accountable. Day 7 here. Has anyone seen Fin lately?
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star!!! 7 days??? Girl, you need a good mooning!! Here ya go!
            :moon:

Sunny sides up everyone! Gosh, we are so proud of you....our cheeks are all aglow!! Keep up the great work!!

MywayIn, in the process there are just good days and bad days....it's a real rollercoaster, but I found I never had 2 bad ones in a row...hang in there today, that's all you have to do, I'll bet tomorrow will be much better! Your body is healing from years of abuse, so there are all kinds of healing things going on....maybe on this day your body took from your mood department and put it in your liver file...regardless each and every day will improve! As you may remember, I got my stride at Day 13, when I knew I could do this, but the days from 13 to 30 were up and down emotionally...I see this a LOT in others, too (just to make sure I'm not bonkers!) it is NORMAL.

Work is nuts.

Hope everyone has a great night in the nest! Here's the butt Velcro if you need it! laster: xo, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:heartsnflowers:

Thanks, Byrdie and Friends :h:h:h
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A belated HP and TJ just checking in before bed!

Day 17 AF reached without too many distractions. Mini wobble while shopping for a birthday present (What a stupid place to put wine glasses!) but succeeded today. Proud of TJ as always and happy to standby her side.

Cherokeer. Another good day for yourself and good luck with work. Well done we are gonna get there!

I'll be back tomorrow.
                Sleep well nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! I hope everybody doing good and feel cozy in the nest. It is cold and snowy here. Just stopped by to say hi:lipstick:
                  AF since 10/20/2013
                  Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                  Meat free since 09/20/2008
                  ---------------------------------------
                  With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLuck, I didnt think cats had lips! :H

HP and TJ yall are doing GREAT! Good job in the store today. AL is everywhere so learning the skills needed to get passed it ( literally and figuratively) is very important ! That is a big step! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                      Went out of the house today and it was bitterly cold...but had to get dads meds and then visit him..depresses me to see him so confused at times...but nothing I can do and there are no meds to really help..so I just visit and listen...sigh
                      Way behind reading back....but I had to get out of the house or bust...crazy cabin fever..Hate winter.
                      Staying in tomorrow. Catch up on things...going to be colder than today...bbbrrr
                      Star congrats on 7 days!!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing a quick check in. I am exhausted. Busy week for me. Night all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Congrats on your 7 AF days star!!!!

NS, sorry to hear you are so stressed today. Sending you strength & a few hugs. I know you know what to do to remain solidly on your path :l

mywayin, are you taking any supplements? Vit D3 is especially helpful in elevating your mood, especially this time of year. I take 3000-5000 iu/day primarily for bone health but also for the mood boosting effects

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Stay put, it's near zero in my part of the nest, Brrrr!!!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in for me, too.

Star - there's your moon! Great that you went away and stayed sober.

HP and TJ - you're both sounding strong. It must be nice to have each other to depend on. Going for a drive sounds like a great distraction.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops - accidentally replied. I'm NEVER that short winded.

Mywayin - I have pretty severe mood swings without actual depression (the bad feelings don't go on for days and days). I find if I can force myself into exercise (sometimes impossible, but at least a walk around the block) and sunshine if it is available, it helps a lot. Also - getting showered, up and dressed helps just to give you something to do. You'll feel better soon!

Jim, Honey and Londoner - you are all sounding strong - three plus weeks is great.

K9 - this drought is killing me! I feel like I'm in a Stephen King novel - we're all slowly choking to death and don't really know it. My skin is dry, allergies are awful, and I have a cough. Maybe some of you mid westerners and East coasters can send some our way?? Some hippies were planning a naked rain dance - I'm tempted to join!

Nice story, Bastet. People keep asking me if I've lost weight, too (I haven't, believe mek!). Another benefit. Gracie - keep it up (I love your Avatar, BTW.)

OK - that's as far back as I can go tonight. Lav and Byrdie - thanks for your wise words. NS - I replied on another thread. Hope you're feeling better.

Sleep tight, all. 52 days and all is great.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fly by.... Everybody duck

Was looking for aclassicgirl to check my days but I think it's 38.... Doing well a few brief temptations but just don't drink anymore so there...
                                Congrats to all racking up frequent flyer miles

Comment

Working...
                                X