X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow

NS,
    I read your heart-felt post to my fianc?'. He replied, " wow, she sounds like an amazing, magical woman....and such a gifted writer." He is a physics & astronomy professor- very artistic & insightful. He loves all of my new cyber friends, but not as much as I do! Annie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
      Another frozen day in paradise!
      DD I' m glad you are starting your AF life! Don't put it off another day! It will never be any easier than it is today. Remember, for us, ONE drink is too many....one drink doesn't take off the edge, it opens the floodgates. Stay strong!

Hope everyone has an easy day today! Hugs all, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:durn::boohoo:More snow this morning..about 4 inches I think..dh is snow blowing the driveway..doubt we will go anywhere....cabin fever for sure. Saturday TV sucks too so may finally checkout Netfliks...free trial I think...
        More snow predicted for later today and tomorrow....boohiss....
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was having a rough night last night. Even contaplated drinking and not saying anything about it. Instead I got into bed early with my kitties and watched netflicks and went to sleep. This morning a dozen roses were delivered with the card, "We're proud of you for taking the first step. Love, J and K" my two daughters. Wow imagine if I had had that drink! I would be so ashamed right now. Instead I can talk to them on the phone to thank them with a clear conscience. I think I will take a picture of the flowers with the card and look at that when I am feeling weak. In the end the most important thing is my family.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bastet, that is so nice. Glad you did not drink last night. It is so important to get through those nights. We all have them.

Hey, I got that spam about Baclofen this morning. It was addressed to a bunch of names starting with N. Weird.

Another AF day here in Calgary for me. We are going out with my MIL for lunch and I know my Father in law will have a Beer, for sure! They drink Every Night all year around, 77 and 81 years old. I am sure they have an issue with drinking but there is nothing I can say about it. Hubs family does not talk about these things.

Anyway, gotta go!
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Struggled a bit today but have managed to get through and am looking forward to checking in tomorrow on day 30! DD, really great to see you are sticking with us. Hope today and tonight work out ok. You'll still be celebrating with the rest of us quads tomorrow, because every AF day is worth a celebration.
              I can beat this.
              Today is the day I start.
              1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats No Sugar!!! You are a big inspiration to me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all !!! . A year thats amazing No Sugar what an inspiration and very wise words.
                  Basret flowers what a lovely gift from your children, my son bought me flowers yesterday, for being understand over an issue he has just been through, my pre af days I would not have been able to cope in a level headed supportive way.

My quit buddy Pave - we are wracking those number up need to plan a big treat for our 100 days any ideas ???? .

I love this site and all my cyber friends you rock my sober world thank you so much !!
                  AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats NoSugar - fantastic accomplishment.
                    Day 4 almost done and feeling good. I find 4 PM to 6 PM my rough time. So today, I took the dog for an hour walk, then caught up on Blacklist, and read MWO postings. It all worked. Have a great evening all. P.S. Added benefit is the dog is sound asleep.
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Check in time for me, been a couple of days and lots of posts to read. Sounds like you all are having a hard winter, we are in for some more heat this week but at least melbourne cools down between the hot hot days.

Bastet how beautiful of your girls to do that, for me my children keep me grounded and accountable and they are so very proud. Like you i can now ring them and remember what i have said, i can be there for them each and every day and when i tell them about my cyber friends they know that this is what keeps me accountable also. I have had enough of lying about my drinking, now i am totally honest, i have to be or else i will fail. There can be no more lying in my life, i am done with that aspect.

River as i said before your fiance is a gem. I am forever telling my children about what is happening on here and they will ask how "such and such is" and always show an interest. They totally know if not for here i would not be 2 months af.

FF wow that time has gone quick, i remember when you first started here. Be proud of your af days and keep them safe as with every other day sober. I look at my days and sometimes think it is someone else as it could not possibly be me. How could I, Ava, have gotten to this amount of time sober. I got to this stage by being honest and learning to like me as a person and MWO and finally realising what al has done to me. As you say everyday waking up sober is a celebration of our life and i love it.

To all the newbies its hard but so worth it. Mary, the witching hour will pass, keep yourself busy and keep away from the shops you will never regret it. My time was 5.15 till passout and now i dont even think about that time, its just another hour in a sober day.

Well i am off to listen to some music and clean. What a wonderful day. Take care all x
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Fatfella, CONGRATS to you on your 30 AF days (Sunday)!
                        Awesome work, feels good, don't you think?

Bastet, you have some very thoughtful girls, how nice

Today's snowfall was only about 2 inches, not a big deal but it remains super cold!!!
                        Expecting my granddaughter & her parents tomorrow so it will be a busy day for me :H

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, Nest:

I am calling it a day without much response here, but I DID read all of your posts.

Jane - there is so much wisdom here to read and read. A great thing to do to get inspiration.

Hope everyone is having a great, sober weekend. Sleep tight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. Today was day 12 for me and I wasn't sure I was going to make it for a bit. I was walking around the grocery store, not thinking about anything about al and it just started hitting at me, nagging, getting pretty insistent and I started feeling sucked in.... I bought a cherry coke and drank half and that seemed to relax what ever in me was reaching for the al.. so, here I am and I made it through day 12. :/ But I'm glad I did.

Goodnight everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yesterday was a brilliant day, lots of rest, various chores done around house, brilliant night's sleep. Sober all day and night!

Already feel really uugghhh today. I need to work all day to get ready for the working week ahead, this is where I must not fall............ pouring with rain also which is always yuck on a Sunday!! I will pop inhere at various times today to keep strong.

Greetings to all, happy Sunday, lovely to feel the strength on the forum
                              DD xxx
                              New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD good on you for that first day, i think it gets harder each quit but you sound determined. I posted on here like a lunatic (still do sometimes) and it was really to express how i was feeling at that moment. Just to get over that craving is the hardest bit. Trying to tell myself i did not need al, did not need to go to the bottleshop, i just needed to get through that craving then it would be ok and it was. Keep eating and dont worry about what it is atm. I was sure i was keeping the confectionary suppliers in profits for five weeks but thats ok, gaining weight is better than drinking. Anything is better than drinking. You will have lots of brilliant days DD as you deserve them. Your job is not worth your life and you deserve the best life you can give yourself.

Take care and be strong.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X