Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoSugar:

AL was hanging out with us all day yesterday but believe it or not, that gets to be ok after awhile. I didn't sit by him or talk to him or even say I was glad he could attend and he totally left me alone. It doesn't seem like that will ever happen at the beginning but after awhile, it really does so stick with your plan!

Gosh that would be nice. Still stone cold sober here but there is that nagging going on. Made it home from some errands by avoiding all convenience stores. :P But my husband has AL all over the place. Scotch, hard cider, wine. I'm hiding in my room and posting here. I just need to get through this day. Sometimes he can be drinking it near me and it doesn't bother me a bit! Maybe tomorrow will be like that, plus he will go to work and I can put it all in a high cupboard. But today I have work to do and I want to have a clear head and get some stuff done. So there.

The thing is, nobody cares really. I am a pretty cheerful drunk and my kids honestly don't know. When I quit for that year my husband didn't seem to notice. I drink alone, so no drinking buddies to disappoint. It's all between me... and God... and now you guys. I know there were at least three times this week I would have if not for checking in here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gracie good going. I know how hard it is to live with a drinker. It is possible though. I am proof of that.
      Hp I have to tell you that there have been many times I could have used a friend like you. TJ is one lucky lady.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I am happily worn out after a day with my high maintenance granddaughter! She'll be 3 next month, possibly going on 33 :H :H

Myluck, awesome job on the MBA, we are proud of you for that as well
        Enjoy your accomplishment & protect your quit with everything you have!!!

DD, available & anyone else stalking me - it's OK, don't mind a bit
        DD, as busy & overworked as you are right now please just know that you'll never be sorry for kicking AL out of your life. no one needs that damn monkey on their back.

Just watched Paul Mc Cartney & Ringo Starr perform together on the Grammy awards show - nice

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

gracieb;1618806 wrote:

The thing is, nobody cares really. I am a pretty cheerful drunk and my kids honestly don't know. When I quit for that year my husband didn't seem to notice. I drink alone, so no drinking buddies to disappoint. It's all between me... and God... and now you guys. I know there were at least three times this week I would have if not for checking in here.
          Hi, Gracie

The important thing is that you care. And if you care, we care :l.

No one noticed much about me either - I was just quiet and sleepy and now I'm not. In both directions, the changes in personality were so gradual that maybe nothing seemed all that different at any point in time.

Keep checking in! It really can make all the difference! :h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all quick check in - day 43 here (I missed a day way back when I counted so I actually have one more day AF which is fun..... Longest AF since 2006..yeah!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WooHoo Ican!!!!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican- I think that is probably my biggest worry: keeping track of days once I get through this first month. Why can't the months be the same number of days and an even number at that? bollocks! But I figure if that is my big struggle (keeping count of days) then I am doing pretty damn good!
                :earth: Tree23

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Ican!
                  Tree, that's pretty good if that's your biggest worry. I was thinking about that too. I am glad not to be drinking anyway, day by day right!
                  I love being sober on the one hand and miss the numbness on the other. Unfortunately the numbness gave me the worst hangovers. I hated blacking out. So I will stay sober and actually Feel and experience my life. This is great!
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, all:

Another weekend in the books - the end of exactly 8 weeks sober (56 days) for me. It was an emotionally hard weekend for me - felt pretty blue and down. I was disappointed that going without alcohol didn't make me feel WONDERFUL all of the time - but of course it didn't. I'm human. I know any sadness or anxiety I felt would have been much, much worse if I drank alcohol to avoid the feelings. They would have come back worse and accompanied by the henchmen, the GSR Brothers.

Instead I downloaded a meditation app (thanks for the rec., Softy), went on a couple of walks, cried once, hugged my husband, and got some writing in. I worked through the emotions instead of trying to go around them. It feels pretty to have done that without alcohol!

Ican - amazing stuff. Jackie Claire posts a date calculator on her Super Sunday Sober Shoutouts thread - makes it easy to calculate. I don't know what I'll do when January ends, as my numbers have corresponded with the date so far.

Tree - you're rocking on! Keep it up. I hope you're preparing your 30 day speech as Byrdie prepares your had.

Quads - speaking of hats and speeches, congratulations!

Hope you are all staying warm. There is a 30% chance of rain here in a couple of days - you can feel the buzz of excitement in the air! Keep those naked rain dances coming.

Sleep tight, nesters. Tuck safely in between some of these sober birds, they know what they're doing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations I can, and thanks for the encouragement NoSugar and LittleBeagle. Made it through day 13 and tomorrow will be two weeks.

Good night all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Determined

I have been sober for three years and three months in the past so I can do it again.

All my drinking is job related, when I was sober before my job was easier.

So I will no longer work excessive hours at home. I will work very hard at work and for a couple of hours each night at home and then stop. Thanks to all for support.

Determined to get sober and stay sober, I will always strive for this xx
                        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sounds like a good idea DD!
                          Reserve a few minutes each day to check in with us too - for love & support

Here's the date/times calculator - put it in your favorites so you'll have it handy

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

Ican, good job - you are doing great!

Let's all plan to stay on our AF paths today ~ life is so much better!!!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                            Some really big milestones coming up, I don't want to mention any names (myluck, tree, Dots) Everyone doing a bang up job! :headbanger:
                            Once you can get the layer of dependence off your back, it is amazing the other loads you can carry. We just don't realize what a HUGE burden AL is when we are carrying it. It is crippling! And our FEAR of letting it go so great we can't see straight. It is mindboggling how much lighter LIFE is without it. Easier. Simpler. That is its power....its mind-altering power to make us think we MUST have it at all costs. We don't. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF. you will never regret one day you spent AF!
                            Hugs to all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
                              No internet since last Friday. Just a quick check in. Still going today is day 27 longest amount of af days in years. I feel good! Will check back later

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                                So many racking up some serious AF days...so proud of us all...
                                Off to doctors appointment..he needs to adjust or take me off this BP med for the irregular hear thingy..I am miserable on it..must be a slow Monday if I can get in this easily...probably will be there all afternoon...will take my tablet so I can play some games....easily amused these days.
                                I cant believe I have 5 months tomorrow...or 150 days..but it is a great feeling and everyone here in some way has helped me get to this point...I wont say that this is the easiest thing I have done..quit cigs years ago and that was hard too but I was drinking many more years...so to all newbies this is so doable....U can do this!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X