Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Marylou123;1619277 wrote:
    I have been really, really sad the past two days. I don't crave or even miss the wine. I'm proud I've made is to day 6. I'm just so sad about all the screw ups that I'm responsible for and sad for everything I've lost. (I know, woe is me.). It is much harder, at least right now, to deal with the anger and loneliness (HALT) facing it sober.
    Hi, MaryLou,

I was pretty much stuck at the beginning because I felt such regret about lost time. I just couldn't forgive myself. I finally decided to set that aside to some extent and deal with it after I felt really strong about being AF. So I'm working on some of that stuff now (and probably always will be). I'm not saying that simply not drinking is enough but everything else becomes clearer after a time without a poisonous depressant polluting our bodies!

Hang in there. xx- NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

My kids know i'm nuts and there is probably a reason why i dont have a husband! I'm sure they love you to bits like i do and the nuttier (or balanced) the better i say, we cant all be "normal" as that would be sooooo boring
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

And another thing! :H
        I actually think I drank MORE while I was taking AD because it took more and more AL to FEEL the buzz!

Sorry for the floodgate of info, but going on ADs made a bad situation worse. but thats just me, I have no doubt they help people, but getting AL out of the equation should be the first thing...it could be THE REASON for the depression in the first place.

OK, Im done now! :H. B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Dottie - You're an inspiration. Thanks for being here."
          thanks Pav u made me blush.....I am grateful for u all too...
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all - you have helped so much. Before reading these posts I soaked in the bath; something I haven't done in a long time. It helped me relax a bit.

Lav - I will check out the Amoryn. Thank you for a natural suggestion.

Byrdlady - the highs being so high and the lows being so low is exhausting. I agree with you that I need to get to my true AF self, in full living color. I'm fortunate not to be on any med (57 yo) and I hesitate to take anything I may not need. Thank you for you post. Numb and Number -- LOL -- smile feels nice.

With your help, and Pavati and No Sugar (and others on MWO) I will make it through another day AF. Tomorrow is a week. Thank you my friends.
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marylou, then tomorrow, you will get a moon for your 7 days! Great job! Jane, 21 days is epic! You are about to slide into home plate! Everyone doing so well.
              Going to bed, my eyes are crossed and my t's dotted. :H. B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is going to be -10 here tomorrow...real temp not wind chill so we are staying in all day. I have laundry calling my name and will try to put in an hour in the dining room..I am finding if I just do an hour it is not so overwhelming...
                Hope u all have a wonderful AF night!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane I love your avatar. 21 days is wonderful.
                  Hp I am glad you are with us on this journey. I am glad you are doing so well TJ. When my hubby quit drinking 3 months after I did, we found things to do to keep busy. We have discovered hobby lobby. Going on a Friday night and looking at as much stuff as we could handle was a fun way to get out of the house and distract ourselves. We still go about once a month because it's fun. Bed, bath and beyond is fun too. I hope you two are having as much fun trying to keep busy as we did.
                  have a good night all.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Been MIA for a couple of days - a bad case of the blahs. Instead of posting posting and more posting, I just hid in my shell and felt sorry for myself - as if that would make things better. I suppose some people just open up more easily - I can chat up a storm here, but find it very difficult to talk when I'm down and why I feel down. So, note to self: not all of us can or want to post when they feel down. One thing that I can post, however, is that I didn't even consider visiting the wine shop to make me feel "better" during the blah days. inkele:

Back to business: iced coffee for the melting ones...

and piping hot for the frozen ones:

A lot of big days coming up today - it's so nice that so many of us working together to beat Al. Can't wait to congratulate people as they post a special day!

Have a lovely AF Tuesday, Nesters!
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still frozen here in Lav-land!!!!!!
                      This really isn't funny

DTD, I hope hanging out with us helps lift your mood a bit!
                      Some folks like to go shopping when feeling low, others like to cook, bake, eat. What is your healthy go to activity? Time for a new hobby perhaps??
                      I thank you for the hot coffee this morning - the more the merrier for me

Greetings to everyone today! Sending wishes for a terrific AF Tuesday!
                      Stay warm, do something nice for yourselves!!

PS: Marylou, here's the website for the supplement Amoryn - works like a charm for me:
                      AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Supplement to Improve Mood and Promote Emotional Health | St. John's Wort 3% Hyperforin
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
                        Hitting the road this morning before it snows! I have a training class to attend all day Thursday so will be somewhat out of pocket. I will be keeping a close eye on our prize winners, tho! I get as excited as the recipient does!! (I know, I need to get a life!!)
                        Hugs to all today, hope it's an easy day! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

Byrdie, I hope your deputy prize patrol is on call - you have a lot to do over the next couple of days.

MYLUCK!!! You are so amazing to stay strong for 100 days - I know this is just the beginning. Congratulations, and here's to 900 more (plus).

Off to work. Have great days, all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                            Up to 2F..bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                            So many great milestones coming up...wow we are doing great!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Weee!!! What a day!!!!

Did you ever hear that saying "She got up on the wrong side of the bed?" Well, in my case, there must be some truth behind it!
                              Actually, my husband was out of town last night and one of my cats took my "spot" so I slept in the hubs spot and I guess I actually did get out on the wrong side.
                              Challenge #1: Winter storm in our area (rare for deep southern U.S.) and I get out of bed and realize our central heating system is out of order. Did I mention that hubs is out of town? He is the one that would normally take charge here, but not today.
                              Challenge #2: Shouting match with "Bridezilla" because I suggested she may want to drive the all wheel drive vehicle to work today (just thinking of her safety)...she didn't like the idea
                              Challenge #3: Driving to work, I called hubs to let him know about the heater malfunction and he actually wanted me to go back home...crawl under the house (in the ice and snow) and check to see if the pilot was lit so he wouldn't have to pay 65 bucks for the heater guy to do it!
                              Challenge #4: Lost control of the (all wheel drive vehicle) and spun out of control on the way to work...luckily no one around for me to hit...and I was sober!
                              Challenge #5: Got to work and was told they were sending us home due to the weather. Now, I don't get paid if I don't work, so that's bad news for me. On top of that, now I must drive the 12 miles back home, in the snow and ice and I hadn't done so well on the way TO work. Ahhh...the day gets better and better.
                              Challenge #6: Got home (without incident) to find that we need a "part" for the heater and the heater guy will go "look for one" (don't know if we will get heat later or not)
                              Challenge #7: Dear DEAR hubs calls and announces that he has invited a young (male) co worker to spend the night in our home tonight so he won't have to travel back to his hometown (which got more snow than we did) WTH???? Where does he think this young man will sleep? Does the young man even know we may not have any feckin heat? I have 2 young dtrs still living at home and three of us compete for one bathroom before work/school each morning (another story)....just what we need...a young male stranger to share the loo with...for Christ's sake...so I am pretty much yelling all this at the husband over the phone and apparently, the young man can hear what I am saying and decides he really doesn't want to stay with us after all. Okey dokey....
                              Sorry for the rant, but I just had to say: This is day 13 for me....Byrdlady's Lucky 13....So, you know what? I had to decide all of this was not worth drinking over. I developed a little lavattitude...took my beautiful youngest dtr to lunch, ate a nice big salad and arrived home just in time to see the heater guy drive up with the "part"....so hopefully we will have heat, a nice pretty snow scene, some hot chocolate (sugar free, of course) and a little surfing on MWO...what a great day!

:h Star
                              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like you turned lemons into lemonade! That's awesome. Congrats on day 13 -- lucky number.

Went to my first AA mtg today. It was okay - I will go again.

Stay warm and enjoy the day.
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X