Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great job Star!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like something my husband would do....what are they thinking??
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Huge congrats on your 7 days, Mary Lou and that's awesome about attending AA. I know a lot of folks around here are using that tool these days and really loving it. I am thinking about it again myself. Have a great day.
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post and Thanks Dot....and the problem is...they DON'T THINK...can't blame 'em though..I really don't think its ingrained in that species! LOL!!!

And by the way- that "part" for the heater ...it turned out to be a bit on the expensive side...DH is gonna have a duck when he finds out it's gonna be more than the 65 bucks he wanted me to save him by crawling under the house myself! :H:H:H

I think I'm looking forward to day 14 folks!!
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all members for kind words about my 100 day milestone. I really appreciate it . It will not be possible to achieve without your support. This place is the best support group in the world.
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob::happy::applaud::kudos:
            WooHoo My Luck on 100 days!!!!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Nesters

Look at all the reasons to drink we've seen around here in the last couple days:

DD's job puts too much pressure on her, MaryLou, Pav, and Dreamy have felt sad and out of sorts, Jane has to deal with depression, Lav, DB, and Byrdie are tired of being cold and stuck inside, Ava is tired of being hot and having a headache, and Star truly had a day that could drive someone to drink but GUESS WHAT??? THEY DIDN'T!!!

All of those things are a drag but they're part of life and we all just have to learn to deal with them without trying to stuff the sadness in a bottle or get past our boredom by drinking. It helps to remember that drinking will make everything that is bad worse in the long run. The "play it forward" tool really helps to make the right decision.

Congratulations to DB on 150 days, MyLuck on 100, and Miley and MaryLou on 7. Just keep them adding up one day at a time .

Comment

Newbies Nest

HP and TJ are checking in.

Day 23 now done diddly done done!

We're getting there with all your help. Thanks as always.

More Hypnotherapy tomorrow so will be late checking in. But I'll be here for more inspiration.

Thanks little beagle. We agree anything and everything to keep busy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1619694 wrote: Cross post and Thanks Dot....and the problem is...they DON'T THINK...can't blame 'em though..I really don't think its ingrained in that species! LOL!!!

And by the way- that "part" for the heater ...it turned out to be a bit on the expensive side...DH is gonna have a duck when he finds out it's gonna be more than the 65 bucks he wanted me to save him by crawling under the house myself! :H:H:H

I think I'm looking forward to day 14 folks!!
                  I've been told it is a wonder we're not extinct
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Sam - you guys would be missed if you went extinct
                    Someone has to help clean the chicken coop :H :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav it's walk dogs, pick up after them for me.
                      We are getting snow here. Crazy weather this year. Less then 2" total, but the whole state is almost shut down and the city is under a curfew. Hubby and I are laughing being from the mountains.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I saw your weather forecast on the news LB :H
                        The media just loves a juicy story - snow in the south :H

Star, you could toss a $1,000 bill under the house & I still wouldn't go there

I am happy to see such a bunch of successful Nesters
                        I've referred a few fold here from the QuitNet site. I've told them if they can quit smoking they sure can quit drinking too

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!!!!!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav , you are right! I remember reading it somewhere and my DH therapist also confirmed that quitting smoking is a lot harder than quitting drinking.
                          Over here in VA we have snow too, dusting 2-4 " - nothing major, but yes - panicky for some people. :besafe:
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, MyLuck, on your 100 days, woohoo! And to everyone else and their milestones, congratulations.
                            Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hells bells, i need some back up on Prize patrol, Star can you pick up the moons for me after today?
                              I thought I got Miley's but now I dont see it. An immediate dropping of pants should happen for Miley and MaryLou!
                              :moon::moon:

A double mooning! 7 days around here is no small crack. We are PROUD of you!
                              MyLuck is walking around with 100 days today, she deserves the One Finger Salute we give to such winners.
                              :finger:

The Bird! 100 days was when I finally felt as if I had made it. The struggles were nearly gone, and things were falling into place. Feel free to post over in the 100 day thread too! We are so proud of you!

Sorry that I am getting these out late. The prize patrol is getting senile apparently. And very busy with her day job. Keep up the great work everyone.... I dont remember seeing any group MORE successful than this one! Xo, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dot Belle! have we got a prize for you! Perhaps THE most coveted award there is!!!
                                :flyingunders:

This is for 150 days of knowing where your undees were at all times, for not tripping over them in a drunken trip to the bathroom and generally to enjoy an icon that seldom gets used! We are so proud of you! This is major doings around here! Thank you for all you do for us on the boards! You are wonderful! Great job!
                                PP
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X