Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Roller Girl! The guy has probably forgotten all about my drunken behavior but the important thing is I have not and I am done embarrassing my husband and myself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You go Bastet I'll be right behind you x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just jumping in real quick to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Scootch over - it's cold out there

Welcome back LC!
        Hello & welcome Daft!

Be well everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see you LC! It doesnt take long to test those waters does it....yep, same ones I was trying to get away from. I did that about 200 times during 2010 and i finally realized the ending was going to be the same unless I changed the beginning! We are so glad you are back, and with 4 days to boot! Here is the butt velcro.

Went out tonight with business.associates and was the only one not drinking. No one said anything and I felt fine. No big deal! Yay! Hugs to all! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Life and Jennie,

It takes courage to acknowledge what happened and come back to start again. I'm impressed with everyone who has the strength to overcome how bad they feel to do it. It means you know you are worth it :l.

Part of what led to my drinking, I think, was my fear of failure. For once, that huge insecurity served me well when I joined MWO because I didn't know if I would have the guts to return if I did drink.

I'm no longer acutely worried about failing because I really am not interested in drinking anymore but I'd like to think that if I did, I would be as brave as you and try again. Earlier today I told a friend that I didn't think I would return to MWO but I've thought about it more and changed my mind. I've seen so many examples of good, strong, interesting, intelligent people like you try, and then try again. It doesn't mean you are weak - in fact, it takes great strength to come back. But addictions are so powerful and relentless that it takes a huge commitment. You know that and still came back. That takes guts. That is the kind of person I want to be, too.

You know how to do this - just need a couple adjustments to keep it going. It is good to have you back. :h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody!!! Welcome all new members as NS says it takes courage to come here and admit you have a problem.
              I am doing good, feel very energetic. Sleep is good, recently stopped talking valerian, but still taking lemon balm over night - I sleep like a baby. This lemon balm is a very interesting herb. Relaxes me a lot. Also, just realized I am doing hot yoga 5 times a week. Total weight loss 35 lb since October 19, 2013. Feel getting toned in my arms, legs, abs. This is a good feeling. It is better to be addicted to hot yoga vs. AL! LOL :h
              AF since 10/20/2013
              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
              Meat free since 09/20/2008
              ---------------------------------------
              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see you Myluck.
                Lifechange I am really glad you are back.
                Dottie 150 looks wonderful on you.
                Starfish I love sea shells too.
                welcome Daft. That's a fun name. Stick with us and you can make a change in your life.
                Jane Yes I have two Beagles. I really think beagles are special.
                Roller girl I hope that dancing and massage were great. What a wonderful supportive hubby.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE,

LifeChange I am SO glad you're back! Here's what you said to me when I came back - I missed having you here and am relieved you are back, safe and sound. Butt velcro is a great idea, along with reformulating your plan-- being ready at all times! Back at you, sister. Remember your mantra - I DO NOT DRINK! It takes strength to come back, and to do so as quickly as you did.

Welcome Daft- your name is great - where are you storing all the Grammies? Your story sounds a lot like mine, but I got a little further down the road than you did (a few more months of hiding in the pantry). Glad you could join us.

I had another very long day and not much energy to reply to each person. Stay close everyone - extra butt velcro available if needed. I have had a few stressful days here and have found a lot of help with quick meditations for calming - NOT in booze.

Sleep well, everyone.

xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MAE Nesters!
                    Thank you for the kind words yesterday-- today I am feeling very grateful to be here.
                    Myluck, Congratulations on reaching 100 days!! Awesome job!
                    Rollergirl, sitting with anxiety and discomfort hits it right on the nose. It's what so many of us never learned how to do. For me it takes conscious effort every single day to stay with it.
                    Marylou, :l.

DO, I hope you will keep a cup of that delicious coffee warm for those of us who have to leave early today! I will be back later..

Comment

Newbies Nest

LC you are back, i am so glad and happy to have the one that enticed me to stick to my sobriety and make her proud. I know if not for you, i would not be at 60 days. We started this journey together, you, dot and i and we will keep on this journey together. We may be at different days but that doesnt matter, what matters is that we have not left the nest, we still want to get rid of al and we are still trying. Gold star for persistence with us lot i think!

Hugs to you my friend, i am a happy nester today. xx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

LC, I was busy in the Army keeping those addicts happy - they all trudged in at once, threatening war if not served! I'm glad that you're back with us - don't dwell too much on what happened, except to learn from it.

Coffee, as requested:

Roller, it sounds as if you have a solid plan for Sunday - and yes, the Nest is open 24/7, so fly in at any time. It's a difficult period for you, and I really hope that hubs take note of the fact that you are doing this AF! (And welcome! Grab some butt velcro - amazing stuff)

Daft, welcome to you too - stay close and help yourself to butt velcro!

Have a lovely AF Thursday, each and every Nester!
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday morning nesters. So happy to reach day 60 along with Pavetti. So encouraging to see the numbers on here stacking up and people returning and joining all the times. Does not matter if you are on day 1 or 101 we are all on the same journey and need continuing support and advice. I blinking love this place and all the nesters would never have reached my 60 without all you guys. Here's to another af day for all of us. Off for a celbration cup of coffee!!
                          AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Newbies Nest

urgirl:
                            :jumpwow: Poppy:jumpwow:
                            :jumpwow: 60 days!!!! :jumpwow:
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pop and Pav happy 60th to you both. Feels quite surreal doesnt it to have achieved 60 days but damn it feels great also and suck in that sense of pride lovely. So happy to be with you both on this journey and may we have so many more celebrations in the coming days, weeks, months and years.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

WOW!!! A double 60th for Poppy & Pav - CONGRATS

Nothing much new in Lav-land, still freezing cold & staring at I don't know how much snow on the ground, yuck. Is it too early to starting planning my veggie garden? I have to do something with a positive spin so I don't go snow blind here :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X