Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Afternoon, Nesters! Finally HOME! inkele:

DTD and Jane, you girls are a howl!!! Sober suits you both and I thee your humorith thide coming out!!! Getting drunk makes you feel like thit!

Londoner! GREAT job on your 30 days! DTD came by the prize closet and gave your hat!, :goodtime: Congrats! I equate going out too soon in a quit as if you are on a very strict diet and you get invited to an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet, but you aren't allowed to eat!! That doesn't make sense! Why would you go to the buffet if you can't have any of it? Staying out of those situations early in our quits is key...we aren't Mother Theresa, we can stand anything but temptation! So just sit tight for now, there will be a thousand more opportunities to get together....set yourself up for success and not endless temptation where you are feeling deprived!!! Maybe you could watch the game with someone who is homebound or can't get out and about very well! Try taking the focus off of what YOU can't have and think about so many others who don't have it so well! Gratitude for your otherwise good health and dashing good looks, for example!! Don't feel obligated to fold to peer pressure....even tho we are adults it's still very much out there. Getting that distance from AL is Priority ONE right now...the rest will come. You don't have to be a hermit, but keeping yourself out of bad situations is important!!

Ok, so I had my new company car ONE day. I'm in the parking lot of the hotel where our training was and I skidded on an icy patch and scraped my wheel on the curb but good! Dam! Then when I was leaving the parking lot this morning, the front bumper scraped the road as I drove out!!! What the what????? Not getting off to a great start with the new company car! Glad to be home and in one piece!!

Congrats to all for the successful AF strings!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

DO, 12 thumbs?! You were blessed, weren't you? How the heck do you make such a delicious coffee??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1621016 wrote:

Ok, so I had my new company car ONE day. I'm in the parking lot of the hotel where our training was and I skidded on an icy patch and scraped my wheel on the curb but good! Dam! Then when I was leaving the parking lot this morning, the front bumper scraped the road as I drove out!!! What the what????? Not getting off to a great start with the new company car! Glad to be home and in one piece!!
        Gosh, Byrdie, us southern belles shouldn't have to drive in snow anywho! I skidded my way down our Capitol Street too, on my way to work last week. All I can say about that is, at least we were sober while doing it and good thing these icy roads occur infrequently down in the south!

:racer:
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DO, I was just reading j-vo's great thread and she posted a link she got from you-- 30 things to start doing for yourself. I can't figure out how to post it here--go figure-- could you?

Byrdie, have I told you lately how much I appreciate you? Such wise words in a funny jacket!:l I always get so much out of what you write.

Hi Star! Careful out there. After what you and Byrdie have said, I feel very fortunate to be heel-toe'in it! I even have treads!
          Hi Dottie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1621045 wrote:

Hi Star! Careful out there. After what you and Byrdie have said, I feel very fortunate to be heel-toe'in it! I even have treads!
            That's good, LC. I couldn't even walk in the stuff. I had no treads and once I finally skidded my way to the office in the car, I had to slip and slide across the street and sidewalk to get inside the building. I admit, ice and I do not get along. You won't see me competing at Sochi next week :H

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

EAM Everyone,

I'm feeling very sad and anxious today. I finally told my 90 yo mother that my husband and I have separated. She's very supportive but sad too. Ugh. Anyway, on day 2 of this journey I wrote down the reasons I want to be AF. I thought it might help me, or someone, to see it. Many of the thoughts and words have been expressed here previously.

(If not for MWO, I would be on my way to the store to pick up a bottle of wine right now. I'll stay very close to the nest tonight and rely on my wonderful friends for support.)
              ----------------------

Reasons I want to be Alcohol Free
              January 23, 2014
              I want to live. I have a drinking problem ? which means I am a problem drinker. I am the ONLY person that can make myself AF.

I want my mind, body and spirit to be clear and healthy again ? not to just exist within the confines of inebriation.

I want honest relationships ? to be prepared to face the little things ? the normalcy of life with clear thinking and ?normal? reactions.

I want to clearly face the problems that I?ve been ignoring.

I want to clearly face the emotions I?ve been sedating. I want to be able to face fear with courage. I want to be able to face anger with thoughtfulness and not attack/insult/rage which is only fueled by more wine. I want to face sadness and disappointment with empathy and acceptance.

I want my sharp tongue to die. I want my compassionate side (I know it?s here somewhere) to be front and center, always. I want to reflect before reacting.

I want to feel joy again. I?ve used AL as a reward or something I deserve simply because something good or bad or neutral happened (among many other stupid, reasons like the time of day.) I want to experience joy and savor it and remember it.

I want to save my marriage. I recognize how selfish I?ve been and how much I have hurt my husband and our relationship. My sobriety is not and will not be dependent on saving my marriage. I know whatever happens there, I aspire to living a healthy life with healthy relationships AF.

I want the whites of my eyes to be bright white every morning.

Mary Lou
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mary Lou, That is an awesome entry! I have made those same kinds of lists before and I find them very helpful in prompting me to achieve my goals.
                Day 2 is certainly something to be proud of. You are definitely headed in the right direction, and, you have found a great place here for support. Just continue to take one day at a time and use the tools you have at your fingertips and before you know it, you will be checking off each item on your list!
                Stick close, ML. We are here for you!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Star -- I actually wrote those 8 days ago (I hit double digits today - yeah) but absolutely had to reread them today. I sticking here like glue tonight. :-)
                  Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star, you and I get the SAFE Driver's award! I love that icon you had!
                    Thank you, LC!

Marylou, my heart goes out to you. This is a real learning experience....and growth is part of that. With growth there is change and sometimes it is just downright hard. Sorting thru these emotions is what this is all about. i am so proud of you for facing these things! You have turned a big corner! Hang in there with us!! We are all ears! Hugs dear lady! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow... got slammed by RJ in my attempt to respond...

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW .. this site is so 'something' up.. .. tried to create a new user ID to express my opinions and was immediately banned by RJ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad you are home & in one piece Brydie

Londoner, CONGRATS on your 30 AF days!!!!
                          Keep going pal, you'll have nothing to regret, we promise!!!

Marylou, I admire your commitment to making a better future for yourself.
                          My husband turned on me more than a year after I quit - he flushed our 37 years of marriage without a hint of notice. Turned out it wasn't about me - it was about him. That's all he's focused on for the past 20 years or so, himself! Hence my entrance into the pit of depression & years of drinking AT him. We are still married but living apart because he can be so emotionally destructive. It will be 4 years in May since he left & we have both done a lot of growing. You just don't know what the future is going to bring so concentrate on doing the best you can each day

Well - on that note I wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

By Kuya:

Atheists DONT blame god for anything, only dumbarses would do so!

They are YOUR family ... name removed... intelligence is inherited, so go figure !

Surely with the power of the fecking almighty on your side you can take a little mocking? After all didnt the all-seeing, all-knowing god lead you here to MWO and guide your every action?

Name removed.... with all due respect WTF are you on about? You are TRULY missing the point. It would appear that members can come here and state that others, not of their belief, are 'agents of satan' etc yet when I stated my beliefs I am attacked again and again.

I also believe that it is not necessary to have a belief in a personal god or higher power to overcome alcoholism, in fact, from what I am seeing, it would appear to be a hindrance.

And .. name removed... whatever nonsense you have just written will only add fuel to my argument that you are mainly on MWO because it allows you to spew your religion over everyone.

BOO !

Jesus Christ 'may have suffered from mental health problems'

About Kuya:

“The evil reference was to that one particular non believer. I have known her since day one. I have several quotes where she has called Jesus an alcoholic, a schizophrenic among other non flattering things. Her intent is to DESTROY peoples faith... That is why she is particularly evil. Just read any thread here and see her posts. Evangelism is a calling on all Christians but we are not naive. We know when some one is out to attack our faith. Yes she is gone but this topic escalated because of her.”

Well, unfortunately… she's back….

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, I hope you all having nice evening in the cozy nest. As days go by in my AF life, I keep thinking that I owe myself to write up a pits about how I feel. I am planning to do this for 150 days - I will write "150 things that I love about being AF" - how that sounds? I better start collecting things now
                              By the way I am proud of all new members progress - we are doing awesome - just look at the roll call stats.❤️
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, I hope you all having nice evening in the cozy nest. As days go by in my AF life, I keep thinking that I owe myself to write up a pits about how I feel. I am planning to do this for 150 days - I will write "150 things that I love about being AF" - how that sounds? I better start collecting things now
                                By the way I am proud of all new members progress - we are doing awesome - just look at the roll call stats.
                                AF since 10/20/2013
                                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                                ---------------------------------------
                                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Working...
                                X