Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Jolie - thank you for your warm welcome. I too am a wine drinker and cannot stop at just one. What began 10 years ago as occasionally drinking wine with friends turned into a daily "glass or two" while making dinner, which then progressed to polishing off the bottle and wanting more. My husband drinks as well and enjoys going to a local bar, which I began frequenting with him once or twice a week. I never used to go to bars - I suppose I thought this was a way to spend time with him. Unfortunately, when I drink too much wine I also talk too much, and I actually got in an argument last evening with a stranger at the bar! My husband had to make me leave. I have never done anything like that. I am embarassed and ashamed of my drinking and resulting behaviors. I have a wonderful husband, children, home, full-time job. How did I get here?

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
      Can i join to? its sounds like a cool place to hang out. Just wanted to say i new and am really positive today 19days AF longest i done in ummmm maybe 7 years.
      Have a great AF day....
      I have the demon in the corner and he's not moving!
      Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cecelia!!!!:welcome:

We are here for you and are glad you have made this huge decision. I turned 49 last week and decided this was going to be my birthday present to myself.
        I just got the books and and the supplement and CD's. I was against meds, but after a long talk with my pharmacist I decided to order the Topamax.

I am not AF yet, but I have hope now and the love and support I have gotten here is overwhelming.
        I have become a bit addicited to this site (no pun intended!!)

Come to us anytime
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Mama Bear! I'm feeling so empowered already simply from the responses I've received from the MWO community, and I just signed on today! Strange thought - I was looking over my online banking shortly ago and thought to myself how wonderful (physically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially) it will be to no longer see the liquor store posted on my account. I'm ready.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Cecelia. It's nice to have somebody else from PA here too!! Stick with all of us - read all of the threads and don't be shy. This is the best place and nobody will judge you because we have all been there and done that.
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
              I am also new here.. I feel really in need of help to give up AF completely.. the past 10 years have been pretty dreadful on the whole - I've tried to commit suicide about 15+ times, had a major car accident (DUI), which luckily I walked away from (physically) - have a 3 year driving ban; plus I nearly "lost" my son last year (child protection were threatening to take him off me unless I stopped drinking). And my ex-hubby assaulted me whilst we were all drunk at a party. I know this all sounds terrible.. I have tried to give up AL before, but eventually I would convince myself I could control it, and it was depression "making" me drink.. but now I know that is not true.. though I can and have done days without drinking before, and I was pretty much AF throughout my whole pregnancy (I had about a total of 5 glasses of wine when I was around 4-8 months pregnant).. I have made a total fool out of myself on so many occasions - getting drunk at my son's baptism, and his first birthday. It's time for me to stop being in denial and work towards being abstinent for the rest of my life.. I'm so glad i've found this place.. though I am seeing a D+A counsellor - this place is great as other people have been or are going through the same things.. Thanks for listening.. x
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All

:welcome: Cecelia Overitt Red Ishy Kbrown and anyone else I may have missed. You've found a good place. Cecelia, I too am wondering how did this happen?

I am going into day 6 today after nearly all of Jan af. Fought off the beast a few times yesterday am really looking forward to the day when I don't even think about al. Wonder how long that might take?

Jolie well done on your 18 days and Overitt -19 days. You should be so chuffed with yourselves.

Wow K Brown, sounds like you have really good reasons to be rid of al. I read a post on here that said there is no situation that al can't make worse. How true. I wish you all the best on your journey. Lots of help and support here.

Hey Lav Grateful Mama and everyone else - Hope you have a really good day/night. Talk some more soon.
                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening!

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok out there

Jolie, thanks for the advice. Little steps sound much more appealing than giant leaps at the moment:thanks:

Sunshine, I hope you had a great day in the city

Red Eyes No More and Cecelia a big welcome to you both! I only joined last weekend and I feel right at home already. You will too!:l

Lav, brrr, its not exactly warm in Ireland but I feel toasty when I read your posts!

Mama Bear, sweetie, i think you are right to prepare properly before beginning. :l
                  You and your husband sound like you have some fun chats Hope things look up for him soon jobwise.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi

Kbrown and Mazzie, you posted as I was typing so thought I'd pop back to say hello. Welcome aboard Kbrown:welcome: You have found a great place to hang out.
                    Mazzie, well done on fighting off the cravings. You're a star:happy:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Soph - :thanks: for those stars
                      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

You deserve them! I had a big hot choc today and found myself worrying about the calories, How silly is that! Never gave the calories in my alc much thought:H
                        Hope the sun is shining with you. Have a great day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just welcoming new fellow PA girls! What is it about PA that we have this problem? ;(

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

So good to see all the newbies. Welcome to all of you. This place is fantastic to help with your journey to being sober. There is so much help and advice here and no one judges anything you say or feel. We all understand where you've been and where you are now, you're not on your own. Please visit us often as it is a HUGE help when you need it.

I am celebrating six whole weeks sober today. Really cant believe that I have done it. It hasnt been easy but it is soooooo worth it. Am still having alot of trouble adjusting to being sober in social situations. Have avoided alot of things where drinking is mandatory. Would really rather stay at home so I know I still have alot of work to do on that. This is the first time my husband has seen me sober for such a long time and it is a huge change in our relationship. NOt too sure how to handle things at present but not giving up.

I just love remembering what I did and said last night. I love waking up this morning and going for a walk without a hangover. I love being able to hold my head high in town now I no longer have a dirty secret. I love having extra money in my purse. I love how good I look now I no longer have red eyes, dehydrated skin and a big cloud hovering over my head. And there is NO WAY I could have done this without reading the book, taking the supps and coming here often throughout the day. Every single one of you has contributed to me feeling fantastic with your support, advice and reminders of how it can be should I choose to pick up "just one". So thank you, all of you.

Take care and have a good Friday.
                            Hippy Chick
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Headaches

Hi All: Joined last week, on day 3 of AF. Nice to see such encouraging words from all of you. First question, I have been getting headaches in the afternoon through the night. Obviously withdrawls. Have been taking motrin/tylenol... Any other advice?

Have been taking supplements only (really can't stand the thought of the meds) and have the "Control Drinking in Social Occasions" CD. What is the consensus on the CD's? Do you really need them all? Can you do it with 1 or 2? Please advise.

It feels so nice to have people in here who get it and are so inspiring and helpful.
                              :thanks:
                              A new beginning 2/16/10

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Such a busy Nest today - I love it

Welcome to our newest nestlings - ishy, Cecelia, overittoday, Kbrown & LCC, great to have you all here! Please find yourselves a comfy twig & settle in with us - we're a nice bunch!

LCC, I highly recommend the CDs - I still use them from time to time after one year. The Clearing CD really helps clear all the BS out of your head (when things start piling up). The Hypnotic CD helps you to relax without AL & sleep like a normal person again

Mama Bear hope you're making progress with your plan.

Grateful & Jolie - the last I heard tonight was that we could be getting rain and/or snow Monday night into Tuesday. I seriously hope we get nothing - this weather has been tiresome!

Hi MamaZum, good to see you. Hi to Sophie & Mazzie, hope all is going well!

HC - 6 weeks is fantastic! Try to remember all the wonderful things you just noted about living an AF life Why would you ever want to drink again & go back to living in misery? I remind myself of that everyday!!! I'm very happy for you!

Hi to my buddy Tranq too!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
                                Time for me to call it a day - leaving the night light on!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X