Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoMoreJim, be sure to check out the roll call for your official hat, but here is another one so you will have full coverage!
    :goodtime:
    Thank you for those wise words, would you consider putting those in the Tool Box? That'd be great. We are so proud of you!
    LC, if I hadnt screwed around so long clinging to the past and the belief I could control this, my date below would be a full year longer. Dont fret about what ' would be'. When we are 80 years old and tapping out our posts, we will look back and say ' we all got sober around the same time, the early 20 teens!!' You are on board now thats all that matters.
    Hope everyone is having an easy day! Hugs, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie, so true, so true!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks:Thanks everyone for your kind words. I can laugh now about the "Are you an alcoholic quiz". I used to do those about once a month. It is great to be sober! We went out to dinner last night with our children and their spouses (grandkids too) it was nice not to have to worry about acting sober and wondering if they could smell it on my breath. Thanks Byrdie for the hat I will wear it proudly. Won't be long I'll have another 30 in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1621938 wrote: And 3J - Yes! I have taken MANY of those "are you an alcoholic" tests. If you have to ask...
          Me too.....amazing how you got comfort from how many DIDNT apply !

It is the equivalent of leaning to the left on your bathroom scales :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

And well done NMJ.....the worst is over!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LC, I am glad you are back. I have heard many people say that subsequent quits are much harder than previous ones. Is that because it is harder to get your mind wrapped around it again or is it more difficult physically? I know emotionally it must be difficult to start over and very brave to recognize and come back to something that You know was working. I also know that anytime someone comes back and is able to sort through things it is helpful for others to possibly learn from their experience. In the end it is as Byrdlady says we will all have quit in the 20 teens and when we are 80 no one will care about a date, Anyway I am wishing you well and look forward to getting to know you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Another weekend draws to a close. I see lots of great success around here - fabulous

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Monday - don't let the blues get you.

I wish we could have an MWO day counter, so that we can actually see how many AF days we've racked up collectively - I'm sure it's a ginormous number!
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

My contemplation and therefore my post today is about adopting the Lav attitude of gratitude. It is SUCH an important part of sobriety. My mind, my body, my kids, my husband, my job, my family - all of those things are so much better because I DON'T drink, and if I were to drink all of those very important things to me would suffer. What's the point?

Humble called it changing her perspective from one of negative restraint to one of positive desire - the positive desire to lead a wonderful life free from alcohol. What a gift.

Good night, nest. Butt velcro for all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning….just saying hi and will be reading a lot…..
                      I am trying to find the right approach here…..getting frustrated.
                      going to a counselor today
                      guess i have to start going to meetings again too……i am not a fan but last time I went every day and lasted 4 months AF.

Yesterday I felt horrible all day. Of course, I was hungover. I just couldn't wait for the day to end. Now, is that the way to get the most out of life? I think not. then, at around 6pm, I realized my mom was away (she lives next door) and I knew she always keeps a bottle of white in the fridge for company. so, I went over, grabbed the bottle, drank the whole thing and felt so much better. What is so idiotic is that I drank the very reason that was making me feel like crap.
                      I need to snap out of it. NOW
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good hangover-free morning after the Super Bowl morning!!!! Congrats nomorejim!
                        Look Kuya's checking in ----hi Kuya!
                        Lifechange I'm glad you are back in track - you really encouraged me in many of my quits so I know you can do it.... DONT spend one more second beating yourself up... Nothing helpful about that
                        Enjoyed your post as always pavati
                        Hi Oldtimers and newbies - I have to say it is tremendously easier at this point. I never think about drinking unless it's an unusual event like the superbowl last night - I drank NA beer and had a great time . One guy (acquaintance) said. "Beer helps" when I commented I had a headache all day and I said - well, it's NA so prob not... My good friend (who struggles w AL) said you're doing so great... And he says "you quit?" With his mouth literally dropping open like he couldn't fathom---- who knows, maybe he struggles and I will be an inspiration to him ----I have no idea but just wanted to out it out there that you may be a positive force for change in someone's life by being honest and we all should be so proud. I didn't say I'm an alcoholic or all that. IMO that gives them a loophole bc they will say "oh she's an alcoholic" when I didn't even consider myself one until I joined MWO.... I just said yea 2 months and I feel great

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Jennie. There was a big discussion yesterday about how to handle the kind of thing that happened to you in the Ladies on a Mission thread. For me, getting on MWO and reading and posting my way through the "crisis moments" really helped. Did you consider getting online and using MWO? It is here for us but it works only if we give it the chance.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Icy rain falling here in my portion of the nest, changing to snow later, swell.
                            Schools are closed, which tells me the roads are bad so I'm just going to stay put & safe

Jennie, I hope you can work out some of your issues with your counselor & break this cycle. Letting go of old habits takes work but can be done.

Wishing everyone a safe & AF Monday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                              Ican, 51 days is RIGHT ON TARGET!!
                              :target:
                              GREAT job on your journey! I tell you, success breeds success, so keep it going...you know where 'just one' will take us. We are so happy for you!
                              Jennie, I wish there were a magic bullet for this...the only one I know is to PUSH those thoughts out at all costs. Dig your heels in and don't let them get any traction. The moment I gave credence to a thought, it took root and there I was....I got up and changed the direction of my thinking. Call somebody, call me! Call your cousin you can't stand (and remember why you can't stand him). Do anything except give that THOUGHT any fertilizer. I know that so many swear by the CD's and tapes available here, have you tried those? I know you can do this. Jennie-proof yourself. Stay connected here....Do not let Dick Head win.

Sad news over the weekend about Seymour Phillip Hoffman....such a talented actor. Addiction strikes again. He had been clean for over 20 years and tried it again. Proof positive that your brain knows where you've been. Not one, not ever....that's my motto. (and Star's, too!) So far, so good! Be safe, everyone. Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all from snowy pa. Big presentation this morning. Normally I would take a drink or 2 before hand to calm my nerves. I really wanted one too! But I took my ab and I'm just powering through. I hope everyone is well.
                                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X