Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

lolab;1623152 wrote: HI guys!!! I read this blog post and immediately thought of all my friends here. It is a very interesting and informative article on addiction and reinforces why we should never even think that we are "home free" or "cured" or able to drink socially again.... Phillip Seymour Hoffman did not have choice or free will and neither do you. – debbie bayer blog

It seems a little long but really really worth the read.

lola
    Interesting article, Lolab!
    Lots of thought provoking ideas! GREAT to see you! Hope like is treating you like a Queen!

Minderaser, NewDreams and Taylor, so good to see you! Settle on in, we are so glad you're here with us. Take a hunk of the butt Velcro and strap in good! Hope everyone has an easy evening! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,
      Sorry I haven't been around all day. Got hit with a major ice storm last night, still have no power. A large tree limb came down on the roof of the chicken house but didn't break thru so the girls are OK!!! :H

Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest & I hope my power comes back on real soon

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, Jane!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all , good evening Byrdie and Lavande (and Little Beagle) - now since I am over 100 days - do I need to mover over to the other thread? It feels really cozy and comforting here in the nest
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Myluck, there is no expiration date on the Nest! ( I hope!). Everyone always has a safe place to land here! So proud of you!! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane good job. :wave:
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters - just a quick post to check in. I have had a wonderful few days and everything is looking so much better. Halfway to my hat today and I can't wait, like others, I'm planning to treat myself to a "new do" for my sober self. Looks like things are looking up for many - so inspiring.

Ava - my heart is with you. You are a king and loving pet mom.

Night all - will post more probably Friday.

Mary Lou
                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay Ava, sorry. You are a KIND and loving mom. (You're not a king are you? )
                  Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

roxane;1622824 wrote: Welcome taylor

Do the doctors treating you know? I know you said you'd prefer herbal treatment but sometimes there isn't a choice if you want to get the monkey off your back.
                    Then again, sometimes you don't need any drugs, herbal or otherwise.

Sorry, not much help am I. :welcome:
                    Hi Roxane Yes, I am always honest with my docs, and I tend to prefer naturopaths. I hear what you are saying about meds, but I do want to give it a fair try without. I have ordered some of the items from the online store at MWO. I appreciate your response. How are you doing?

Taylor

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1623236 wrote: Taylor what adrenal herbs are u taking, if I may I ask..I am on a "natural" thyroid treatment but my numbers were borderline...was also wondering about adrenal fatigue but my doc didn't mention that at all. What do u test for that??
                      Hi Dottie, I am taking some Gaia herbs. I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly, but they have and adrenal support compound which, among other things, has ashwaghanda and rhodiola. I have twice taken a 24 hour saliva cortisol/DHEA test. I should mention that the majority of MD's do not recognize adrenal fatigue as a diagnosis. If you want to see someone about this I would either see a naturopath or look up an MD or ND trained in functional medicine. Take good care.

Taylor

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Taylor I will look into finding an alternative med doc..
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, here I am, and although I wanted to have an AF day, I didn't. Certainly not drunk or even tipsy for that matter, then why can't I just go without? Make dinner, do dishes, play w my 3 year old, make love to my husband (sorry to be so honest) all completely sober. Even if I feel tired and down just do it. Anyway, every morning I wake up and feel determined without the slightest bit of interest. So tomorrow is a new day. It is hard to be so truthful, but I will be as truth is the only thing that gives me hope.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Myluck, why should you think of leaving the Nest? Imagine what would have happened if Lav, Byrdie, LB, NoS and so many others had left after x number of days?

Just time for a quick coffee before I get going. Help yourself!

Have a lovely AF day, Nesters!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nesters:

Taylor - Can you get your husband on board and get the booze out of the house, at least while you grab a hold of your sobriety? Or buy some nice tea to have tomorrow evening as a treat?

Lolab - thanks for that link. I have a lot of questions about that article, but it is excellent food for thought.

Way to go, Jane! Congratulations.

I hope you don't leave the nest for good, MyLuck, but I understand the need to stretch your wings.

Marylou - a new 'do is in order, I believe. I think I'll treat my sober self to a massage this weekend.

Minderaser - what made me feel good on day two were several Epsom salt baths and lots of water. Hope you feel better, but one thing is true - you'll feel worse if you drink. Stay close!

Hi, Bastet - hope all is well.

New Dreams - I have to ask - why not now? Why wait a few weeks? No time like the present - as I learned (from quitting December 2, FFS - right BEFORE the holidays), there is nothing to fear and no event that will be made worse from not drinking. Glad you came here, though, and I hope to see you around.

Lav - stay clear of the roads in that ice. What miserable weather you've had!

Ava - love to you and Maddison, and your lovely daughters who are taking care of you as well (those sons will learn!)

OK - that's as far back as I can go. I was feeling very anxious after quite a stressful day at work and decided to swim tonight (in an outdoor pool in the rain (48F here, so no ice storms)). Exercise is such good medicine when I'm feeling that way - so much better than what I used to do - drink and eat bad food.

Good night, nest. Never too early to start making plans for the weekend. What's going on?

xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters

HP and TJ checking in on Day 32. 31 done already and on we go!

British weather looks depressing again, so grabbed a coffee and came here instead of going out!

Hi Ava, I hope your women's intuition has helped with your dog, she's a massive part of the family and I hope she's not suffering. Glad your feeling strong and don't feel like you need to turn to the bottle.
                                I'm not sure even one of my road trips could help (372 Miles or 598 Kilometers and counting ) But every mile helps and the positive thoughts and memories can last a lifetime)

Newdream- Well done on getting through your 2nd day. They all count.

Bastet- Brilliant job. 25 and counting, keep going with all of us.

Have a great AF day all!
                                HP

Comment

Working...
                                X