• Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:wd: on your 70 AF days available!!!!
    Great news about Maddison too

Byrdie, I'm so glad you have poetic skills because I sure don't :H

Have fun dancing Dottie, sounds nice

Mind, great on your 4 AF days!!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
    Use the butt Velcro - it's free & we have tons!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

We had a great time...very rusty on the dance steps but we did fine..will go back again. They have some lessons during the week we may attend too...they did have a bar in the back but we sat in the front and it was a non issue..I was enjoying being out on a Friday night and doing a little boogieing..Yes there is life out there after all!!
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Available!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Available!!!!!!!!!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Available- great job!��
            AF since 10/20/2013
            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
            Meat free since 09/20/2008
            ---------------------------------------
            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm truly overwhelmed with all the kind words, support, advice, and friendliness I feel here. Thank you all for welcoming me!! I just need to make the decision to STOP AL. Btw...what does MAE mean? I'm trying to soak up all the knowledge I can from you wonderful people and will be checking out the Toolbox shortly. I've already had about 4 drinks tonight, but I decided I would go to bed a little earlier...cause you can't drink when you are asleep. Byrdlady- thanks so much for your response as well...knowing someone else has my same disease and was still able to quit this junk is very inspiring. I DO KNOW that I can't go cold turkey, as it will cause a flare up with the Crohns ...same with quitting smoking...so I have to wean myself off as I have to let my body slowly recondition itself. I'm gonna look at the Toolbox and see if I can start preparing a plan for myself. You guys rock. I WILL be back and check out all the different threads.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest from a not so lovely wet and windy England.

HP and TJ checking in on Day 34!

No problems to report and we are still winning the daily battle of being AF!

Ava- A massive well done on the big 70!! Continued prayers for your Maddison too!

Sarah.:welcome: You'll be racking up days soon too, day 3 done? everyone here is
                fantastic at giving you the support you need. Take all of it, everything they send you helps you get where you want to be!

Roxane-Day 3 done too? keep up the good work!
                Minderaser- Well done on 4 days! Cant say much more but just keep going!

Poppy and Pav- I think you must both be celebrating the big 70 today? A massive milestone to reach. That shows major commitment to changing your lives for the better. Well done.

To the rest of the nest keep up the good work and have a happy AF weekend.

And lastly. It's time for HP to leave the nest for a while. Thanks for all the support you've given to us both. It does make it all a little easier to understand and deal with. I will continue to circle the nest so I'll never be far away if needed.
                I am hopeful that TJ will now feel more comfortable to step up to the plate and become more actively involved in the community. I know you'll all continue to help her, just like me.

HP
                xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

i fear i may have mislead people here. i havent done day 3, im on day 3. ive done 3days this week (tues thurs fri) its sat am here now. hope thats cleared up, i wouldnt want to nick an extra day, that would be cheating!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys. I thought I would let you all know that I think phase 2 is beginning for me.

I'm out with the lads later and I happily agreed to go out. Normally the only way I would go out is if I was drinking. And I have agreed to go out and not even thought about AL. I may even test myself in a bar. Basically I am more comfortable in myself, and that is all that matters - I think my social anxiety is slowly becoming weaker. Everyone has opinions, and that is okay. As long as you are okay in your own shoes that is all that matters.

I'm also wanting to grow relationships.

And you can't help someone else if you haven't helped yourself.

So, I think my body is becoming stronger and healthier which in turn is helping my mind.

Maybe an AL free life isn't so bad Next goal, 60 days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you London, only you can do what you think it right for yourself and you sound positive. I found i worried so much to go out but once i was it was fine to not drink al and i still had a good time.

An AL free life is the best life for us alkies, we know we cant have one drink. I wish we could sometimes but been there and done that and i did not succeed one iota.

I know you will get to 60 days now, it gets easier everyday. I dont crave or need a drink anymore, sometimes i feel like one but I tell my self not to be so damn stupid and off i go doing what i was doing.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Cloudy day in my portion of the nest, maybe a little snow later, ho hum!

My weekend list of chores is big so I may as well get started
                        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava -- HAPPY DAY 70!! Me thinks a mani-pedi is in order. So I made an appointment for 11:00 AM! :H:H

You're an inspiration - keep on setting that bar for us.

Have a wonderful, AF MAE.

Love you - Mary Lou

P.S. Thinking of Maddison, hope she gets home today.
                          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                            Yucky day down south. Raining sideways and cold. I have a hot date with the grocery store. Jealous?
                            Sarah, why do you think quitting cold turkey will cause a flair? I didnt find that to be the case. I wasnt able to taper, I found that to be a lot like moderation and I flunked out of school on that one. I found that cold turkey was the only way I could stop the cycle. Just do it, you might surprise yourself. Besides, I know how to deal with flairs pretty much it is part of our lives, right? Dont listen to any voice that keeps this addiction alive....that is Addiction Head ( Dick Head) talking. I know everyone is different, but in this regard, we are more alike than different. I drank about a bottle and a half ( 1 liter) a day on weekdays and much nore than that on weekends and I had some discomfort, and flulike symptoms, but they were manageable. That is what I have observed in my 4 years here, too. The stories we hear about withdrawl are much worse than the reality of it. There are some exceptions of course, but for most of us....the fear of it is worse than the reality of it. That's my 2 cents. :H

Dots, you are amazing. In so many ways it is like waking up from a coma, isnt it? I am so happy for your new shiny life! Put your right foot in, take your left foot out...then shake it all about! Ok, that's hokey pokey.

Londoner, congrats on the new version of you!! Lv.2 is alive and well! Your new software is fully supported here! Great job!

Have a great day evabody! XXOO, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone...I haven't read too much back maybe only 3 pages but I see so much positive attitudes and that is fantastic. I am sorry I haven't checked in in a while, but I have consumed my time with Dexter on Netflix...new addiction. I have to say I had a few rough days/times when I wanted to just say screw it and go by a bottle of wine, but I DIDN'T I am so proud of being me now. I even shared it on Facebook a few days ago about me being 36 days AF and now I was going to concentrate on losing the 30 pounds I gained 3 years ago, when I quit smoking. I couldn't believe the responses I got. I was a little worried about opening up so much about it. Turns out, it was a great inspiration and motivation. The response was so supportive and blessed and it made me even more sure about the quit. I am so proud of me and everyone else here. Nobody can possibly imagine what it feels like except all of us and thats why this site makes such great successes and long term changes for the better! TEAR....
                              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all, (I sound like a copper)

Day three done even though its 7.30pm my witching hours are over.

Sarah, have you come to a decision yet? Or leaning towards one? Post and let us know how you're doing, no pressure, I'm just nosey.

Comment

Working...
                                X