Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
    12F here but the sun is out now so that makes it a little better.
    Mein I am down 15 pounds since I quit with about 25 more to go...I drank so many calories and then ate like a maniac to feel better the next day and also no motivation to exercise but that has totally turned around. The cold weather has put a damper on exercise but am trying to do some indoor activities.
    Ava we have wanted to visit Australia but that is expensive from Ohio..but who knows...
    Off to run errands bbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone for your warm words. I'm kind of like an armadillo I sometimes retract into myself when it is something really important I have to figure out. I am happy to report today is day 7 AF. I had to sort through some bullshit "buts" in my head.... but why can't I this... but why I can't I that... until I got to the realizations for some reason my brain didn't want me to get to. Like a pout child being told they can't have something.

It's kind of like waking up from sleep walking through your life and wondering how in the hell you got to that place. This weekend everyone was drinking around me and I wasn't even tempted. I have energy and was able to accomplish a great deal instead of feeling awful mentally and physically. I look forward to the future instead of my next glass of Merlot. Who knew.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:HCongratulations on Day 7 Cherokeer - that is a huge accomplishment. You should be very, very proud. I was skeptical at first too but I feel great now. Somewhat restless at times. Hence my kitchen drawers have never been better organized. :H:H
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done on 7 days cherokeer! I am 7 days today too :-) had a bit of a struggle earlier but I managed to get through it by thinking where it'd get me and now im nice and settled at home.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello folks: Im almost through day 6.

Good going all of you above. Its amazing huh?....such a large decision on day one and now it seems soooooo much easier. Why? confidence building? Dunno..Anywayyyyysssssss......This was like my 8th relapse in 12 months and the physical withdrawal affects were more weird and now I feel like I have a cold. Oh well...Im just chillin and will keep working on leading a sober life. My happy index has improved..so thats good....im more patient and calm.......and actually more enthused about what life will be like in a year....and Im not gonna get anxious about it. I think thats important....not getting anxious and just staying in the now. Right now?...im fine. Today?...wont drink. So?...Success!

I hope you all have a brilliant day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minderaser and Cherokeer! Around here, 7 days gets you a Full Moon!
              :moon: :moon:

This is for kicking AL's arse for 7 big days! You've now mastered every single day of the week! Great going you, two! Keep it going, the worst is behind you! (you'll get your moon tomorrow, Lead!!)

Hope everyone is having a good day. Holla if you need us. XO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mae everyone,
                I hope everyone's Monday is going well. My work schedule is all over the place so I don't really have a five day week with a weekend. The good thing is that Mondays don't have some bad connotation for me. All the days are pretty much the same.
                Sarah, in most instances I would definitely think that just quitting today is the best thing to do. However I picked my quit date because my husband was out of town for a few weeks and I knew I would never be able to quit when I was by myself in the house. He got home late on a Sunday night and I started that Monday morning. So far so good.
                Mein, I have never tried a baked avocado. It sounds interesting, how do you prepare it? I did the same thing you did this morning and put on my work out clothes first thing and then went to an 8am class at the gym. There is no way I could exes rise late in the afternoon or evening.
                Maji, that is so great that you enjoy both dance and horseback riding. It seems like both are fairly intensive and you can really get involved in learning more about each.
                Available I am so sorry to tell you about the alcohol in bitters. I am sure it is a tiny bit. I take several flower essences and they are suspended in alcohol (vodka I think) but it is such a tiny amount with a couple drops that I never payed attention. I'm like you I can't taste it and certainly don't feel any craving after.
                Dottie, that is so great that you lost all that weight! I have heard from several people that it usually takes a few months before it starts to come off. Do you remember when you first noticed it and are you careful with what you eat and/or stepped up your excercise routine?
                Congrats to Cherokeer and minderaser for 7 days! That is excellent!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bastet
                  I am just now stepping up my exercise, the big difference is no junk food drive through in the morning on the way to work to feel better from the hangover..and no grazing on junk all day to feel better...
                  When I started feeling better after I stopped I then did the morning smoothie and much better at cooking meals and not eating out... so yes I did change some things but the things that went with not drinking every day just translated into weight loss...now I am really concentrating on losing the last 20 so it will take real effort...sorry to babble on..
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I'm actually still watching my grandsons at 9:30 pm - tiring to say the least!

CONGRATS to Minderaser & Cherokeer on 7 AF days - great work!
                    lead, looks like tomorrow is your day to be proud

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!!!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on your 7 day milestones minderaser and cherokeer! Your success inspires others!

If you're out there lurking, wondering if you can do it, wondering if you should, believe me it's the best gift you could ever give yourself. The feeling of living clean is like nothing you've dreamed of. It is amazing!
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Everyone, Funny how things change. I had a terrible day at work and my husband is out of town. Normally at this time I would be half way through my second bottle. Not tonight, tonight I am pondering why I spent so many nights "half way through that second bottle". Glad I am here in this moment allowing myself to experience it. Living it instead of going through the motions of it.

Breathing again... Peace and strength to you friends. Life is a blessing...I just forgot for a minute.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

It's been quite some time since I have been here and you who know me might guess right I am not sober. I am drinking everyday and I must stop. I just wanted to ask you folks what's the way to stop things are not working for me here. Should I go for meds or simply become more active here in MWO. Or should I join AA ?

I need help.
                          Rahul
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                          Rebooting ... done ...
                          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul posting here and reading in the tool box are a great start. I was drinking every night too but did not use any meds to stop but this is a personal decision. And I had to really want to stop...stop messing around and continuing to start, stop, start, stop.....I was ready...are you?
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cherokeer and Minderaser - Great work on 7 days! As K9 likes to say, now you've shown you can be sober for all 7 days and you have experience with it!

Rahul - I think you should look back at your last thread that you started - there was lots of good advice there about making a concrete plan and sticking to it. I liked Available's advice to you so much that I reposted it on another thread.

I was tired today and am hitting the hay early. Good night, all. Stay sober, butt velcro attached.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest. I'm feeling very blah this morning. I had a meeting with my therapist yesterday that left me feeling a bit confused and not sure which direction to turn. I hate that feeling. That doesn't help with the whole "one day at a time" theory. I have to run for now, off to German lessons and totally not in the mood for it. It's cold and dreary outside. I'm thinking of making an appointment with my fireplace and couch this afternoon.

Much love and strength to you all today.
                                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Working...
                                X