X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Memory:welcome:
    Mein good work beating that urge.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marylou - I originally read that as you got ringworm from your dog as a Valentine's present!:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters, and Happy Valentine's Day!
        Welcome aboard, Memshot! Looky here, around this place, those first 24 hours are THE most important of all! They are the very foundation for 48 hours! and 72, and whatever 72+24 is! It IS very important. We operate on an hourly and daily schedule here...every hour spent AF is a win! We are so glad you found us!

Stupot, during your fragile new sober days, I'd find some excuse not to go to the wine-fests. Once you get your 'wings' and feel strong enough to go, you will prolly wonder why these events were so important to you. For me, they were just a really GOOD excuse to drink! Misery loves company and when everyone else is doing it, well, it made me feel better, too. Anymore, I just don't enjoy going to events where AL is front and center...because it's not front and center to me anymore. I'd rather go to a cookie extravaganza or something with crafts, where I can learn something or be inspired. Not much inspiration at the wine lunches I used to attend...but that's just me! If this circle of friends is a keeper, maybe you can go to a coffee shop or pastry bar? I'm an Alkie, and as such, my quit comes first. Just thinking out loud on this morning...

I am saddened by some news that my across the street neighbor's son is in jail this morning on 5 million dollars bond for felony hit and run. He was drinking and driving in all this snow and apparently hit and killed 2 people and fled the scene. He is 19. Alcohol has claimed 3 lives here. The son is in college and had the rest of his life ahead of him. Just a sad situation on all sides. I HATE ALCOHOL.

Remember, Friday is just another day, not a ticket to boozeville! It IS possible to have a wonderful Valentine's Day without AL! Remember, it's the people you are with and not what's in your glass! AL improves NOTHING! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1626977 wrote: Is there a mother-in-law themed thread on MWO?
          Only if you're going to say nice things :H!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1626988 wrote: Of course! That's what I meant! :anon:
            :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Snowing again..sigh...but we are staying in unless it all melts soon..wanted to go dancing for Valentines day but not in the snow...boohiss.....I made a pot of homemade pastas sauce yesterday with tomatoes I had frozen from my garden last summer. It is yummy.....so we will have that for dinner with some pasta. So much for romance.....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

What time is dinner, Dots? Your sauce sounds divine!! I'll bring the noodles. Jane will bring the mother in law!!! xo, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE nesters

Byrd that is such tragic news about the neighbours son. I HATE al too and the pain and agony it has caused not only him but his family and the family of the deceased is sad. No ones lives will be the same again.

My son's friend hit a pedestrian that was drunk and walked in front of his car. He also drove off but handed himself in. He was jailed for 2 years and it was very sad. He lost all of his friends at first (cept us of course) and was ostracised by the community we lived in. so many lives destroyed.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Valentines day surprise from my husbands daughter and grandson...tulips and a little box of chocolates...really nice surprise.
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, I am on a ski vacation with my husband and two grown daughters. We are staying at a resort we have stayed at many times before therefore, I have many memories of apr?s ski cocktails in the lounge. For the past month I have tried to avoid places with a fun alcohol vibe and now it is right downstairs! I am not worried about drinking just trying to keep my feelings of gratitude forefront instead of feelings of deprivation. I am concentrating on how great I felt at 8am this morning when we hit the slopes and being able to talk to my girls late at night without worrying about slurring or alcohol breath. This is my first AF vacation ,so I am having to do things a little differently.
                      Brydie, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors son. Alcohol can cause so many horrible things to happen and impact so many people. We don't think about it but it happens every day.
                      I hope everyone has a Happy AF Valentines Day!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1627045 wrote: What time is dinner, Dots? Your sauce sounds divine!! I'll bring the noodles. Jane will bring the mother in law!!! xo, B
                        :H:H:H
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Everyone:

Dottie - I think of that scene from Lady and the Tramp when they eat a plate of spaghetti and the each slurp up on end of a loooong noodle and end up kissing? See, pasta can be romantic!

I'm off on a vacation with some access to MWO but not as much. Be back in three days. I am grateful that I will sleep, exercise and eat well with NO alcohol in my future.

Stay strong nesters - I'll check in when I can.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav I loved that movie....I can see them now...that is so romantic....
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody. It's been quite awhile since I checked in, so I thought I would fly by! Everything is going so well in my life! I can't believe how I used to live and especially how I spent my evenings. Month 4 AF has come and gone and is day 138 today. Time flies when you are having fun!

I opened my etsy shop, and made my first sale yesterday. I have made and sold a lot of purses and bags for coworker, but etsy is a little larger scale. It took me 42 years to find a passion, and sewing is mine. I actually miss it when I am not doing,lol. When I'm not at work I am sewing.

Hope everybody is okay!

Goodnight y'all
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

I went to a Mexican restaurant tonight and neither beer nor a margarita.. small victories

Comment

Working...
                                X