Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Elvis;1629523 wrote: GWAWKY MAE!

Thanks for the congratulations Lavande, Little Beagle, and DTD! It's tomorrow today here too I think. Well the sun is up at least. Time zone thing and lack of sleep is messing me up. Need some breakfast and hot tea too. Haha!

Have a great day everyone!
    CONGRATS Elvis ON 100! Amazing - Great Job!! Keep up the great work - you are an inspiration! xx TB

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elvis! 100 day congrats to you!!!
      Here is your prize!
      :finger:
      This indicates the direction you are going! UP! It was at this milestone that the cravings finally were gone and I could get thru a day easily. Congratulations on this huge accomplishment! Viva Las Vegas!!! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle! 300 days is epic! Gosh, I remember the day you arrived! I am so proud of you! You have been an amazing force around these boards and an inspiration to all! You have such grace and a peaceful presence. Here is your award!!!
        :gramps:

You are an old timer around here!!! Thank you for all you do!!! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

*Thanks Available. I think I might just go over to the roll call thread...as I am on day 10...and it?s a Friday night...those can be tricky. 
But you?re right, I need to be made accountable this time. 

*Thank you Lavande...I think that was my problem in the past. I never stuck too close...I need to this time...because I need to be sober, for me. For my sanity! So I will post as often as I can. And if I am rambling, someone needs to stop me! Lol!
Trusting Believer - wow, you described exactly the way that I have been feeling. Especially the bit about trying to go to sleep - wait for darkness to come, that sleepiness to settle. It is hard...but you can do it. I?ve gone 10 days so far...first time in a long while that I didn?t drink on the weekend. Here?s another test. Another weekend. I used to love weekends...not so much anymore. :/ But I can learn to love these new sober ones. With time. It?s just so early.

I want to say congrats to Beagle and Elvis. This is awesome, all that sober time. It?s inspiring.

I have the book 7 Weeks to Sobriety...I should give it another read. I have some vitamins but think I might need some more supps. Tonight I am craving wine...I was good for the past 10 days (except day 1 was really tricky), and for some reason I am ?missing? alcohol now. :/ Ugh.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Elvis congrats too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Great accomplishments !!!!!!!!!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bris you will always miss al, it was a huge part of our lives and its like losing a loved one but hey there was not much to love about al in the end. I still miss al especially when i get bored but i wont let al back into my life and i still struggle at 80+ days but i know in my heart that i can never drink again and realistically al did absolutely nothing good to me. So therefore i am washing verticals and doing the normal mundane things in life that were neglected when i was drinking. Do not think al will make anything better.

Trust I loved the feeling like a snow cone. That is exactly how i felt when i stopped drinking after 20+ years. I slept when i was tired. Why toss and turn in bed when i could be on here or watching some al doco's. I was bone tired so when i got home from work i had a nap as i knew if i stayed awake i would become overtired. a few hours of deep deep sleep is better than nothing and i thought that "i did this to myself" so patience was needed. Once you get through a weekend it becomes a bit easier. I dont know why weekends were so special when i drank the other 5 days of the week also, really it is just another couple of days. My house was very clean in the early days.

Be strong guys and take it day by day. You dont want to start at Day 1 again, i know i certainly dont.

Elvis a huge congrats on making the big 100. Letter from the Queen maybe, you deserve it. LB you are a treasure and a dear friend, a huge big hug for your 300th and wow you are looking good! xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

What a great day!
                Elvis & LB, CONGRATS to both of you :wd:
                I am very happy for you & hope you both stick around & share your wisdom with the newcomers

Jane, I never used L-Glutamine for cravings but I did use it for a while to break the sugar habit I picked up - it helped!!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy might in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

LB & Elvis big congratulations. You both should be very proud of yourselves. I am definately proud of you guys.:goodjob:
                  To those who struggle, Friday is just another day.

Wishing you all a safe and AF weekend

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone; hope you have room for another one.....have 25 days done and feel I need to be a bit more involved.....like Bri, I want make sure I am doing all I can. Have not been more than 4 days sober in almost a year. This feels a bit like when I first came here over 3 years ago......just got so desperate!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back daisy!!! You can do this..make a plan....read and post....then do again and again...
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,

I'm back from my second excursion and back to work on Monday. It has been a nice week off. I'm with Ava 80+ days and not giving in. I had a bit of a pity party for myself one of the evenings I was gone (really? not even one beer by the water before dinner?), but over all it was a wonderful, sober vacation filled with gratitude to be experiencing everything sober, clear headed, and present with my family.

I missed some big milestones - LB! 300! I am so impressed with your steadfast determination to keep yourself sober, help your family, AND help all of us here. Thanks so much for your quiet support - I really appreciate you here!

Elvis - Way to go on 100 - that is a huge one, too. I am impressed that you did it through Vegas. Actually, sometimes places like that make it easier for me to not drink after seeing all the drunk, buzzed and hungover people. I hope you're celebrating your triple digits in style.

And Marylou, 30! Speech, speech. That was a very big milestone for me - it felt like I had survived the battle and was settling in for the long haul. Congratulations.

Newbies - Trek, Trusting, Bri (I know I am missing some) - I am a mom, too, in my 40s, and I am here to tell you that the fear of being without alcohol is MUCH worse than actually living without alcohol. In fact, the fear was unfounded for the most part. Yes, there are ups and downs, but all of those events, emotions and situations I thought would be nearly impossible without alcohol - rubbish. Also - I was someone who has always said I am prone to anxiety and depression. It turns out (as well all know in our heads) that alcohol is a cause of so much of that anxiety and sadness. Now, being sober, I still get bouts, but nowhere near as often, and nowhere near as bad. Jump right in and begin to enjoy your sober life.

Hi, everyone else. Hope your Fridays are sober, just like ever other day. Eat, sleep, drink fluids that don't contain alcohol, and come here if you need us (as I will when I need you).

Comment

Newbies Nest

And hi, Daisy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:jumpwow:
                            :jumpwow: Little Beagle :jumpwow:
                            :jumpwow:300 days AF:jumpwow:
                            :jumpwow:
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Let's start saturday the right way - help yourself to coffee!

I had a lovely sober Friday night out, and today is Day 5 of not smoking. Not fun at all. ODAT, right?

Have a lovely AF Saturday, Nesters - chat later!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

deleted
                                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X