Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

deleted both posts , feel negative and this is a happy place
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1629690 wrote: MAE Nesters!

Let's start saturday the right way - help yourself to coffee!

I had a lovely sober Friday night out, and today is Day 5 of not smoking. Not fun at all. ODAT, right?

Have a lovely AF Saturday, Nesters - chat later!
      Hey what does ODAT mean?

Im quitting cigs Monday...any tips for first few days?

Thanks and best wishes

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning DD. You're two hours behind us, which means you're up very early on a Saturday morning!

You can stop drinking - don't let fear stop you. Can you get rid of all the Al at home? I really learnt the value of one day at a time when I arrived at this site. Just for today - don't drink. Don't worry about tomorrow or next Friday or your hamster's birthday that you celebrate for him. Just today, don't drink anything. And then then build on it.

Stay close, everybody who may be struggling at the moment - the awful feelings do pass. I've left some butt velcro next to your perch.
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream Think Do, the thing about the hamster's birthday made me laugh!!
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond;1629731 wrote: Dream Think Do, the thing about the hamster's birthday made me laugh!!
            Mission accomplished, then.

But honestly, ODAT, ODAT, ODAT is the way to go, DD. You've been given good advice on your New Life thread - and I really like your own suggestions to yourself. :l:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters,

Hi Daisy, welcome back!

DD, work up a true desire to quit, a good plan & hang out with us

Lead, ODAT = one day at a time!
              I quit smoking with the help of Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community
              Lots of friendly folks there & good tips & support

I hope Everyone has a great AF Saturday!
              I'm throwing a family birthday celebration for my granddaughter who is turning 3 in a few days. AL is not invited
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

ODAT = one day at a time.

DD - stick with us and keep posting, don't delete. I have been here, AF, for 32 days. I can't tell you how helpful it has been to go back and retread my posts. I'm so grateful to be AF today and reading how far I've come during the past 30 days -- documented in those early posts -- helps keep me grounded. I don't ever want to become complacent about my sobriety and my own documented journey helps.

Also, please realize that anything you post has the high probability of resonating with someone (or many) here. Believe me, I was Debbie Downer more often than not earlier on and it was the outpouring of support and understanding from my fellow MWOers that guided me through the anger, hurt, frustration, craziness, etc.

We're glad you are here. We're in this together.

Have a strong, AF Saturday all.
                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

First off a huge congrats to LB and Elvis. I hope you're working on your "How I did It" posts? it encourages others to hear your stories, so please let us know what worked for you and how you are feeling now!

I'm so busy at work these days it's insane. I am catching up after taking the month of January off, but I have to say it's a lot easier to manage AF!

Newbies unite! Hearing others' stories, learning from their methods, sharing our daily struggles seems to work. Look at how many people are here and AF! I for one wouldn't have done it without you!

It might take a few false starts but let me tell you, it is worth the effort. Living AF has changed my life. Who knew!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Everyone. I am working on my how I did it speech. Love the beagles Jane.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GWAWKY MAE!

Thanks Jane27, I am very proud! Love the picture! If you don't mind, can I use that for my avatar for a while?

Thanks Pavati, my wife is in Vegas for a convention, and it was a coincidence that it fell during the week of my 100th. I like people watching and most people are drinking responsibly, but those who are drunk are loud and obnoxious. I'm almost embarrassed for them.

Thanks Trusting Believer, Byrdie, briseus, Dottie Belle, available, Lavande, Luckyflower, and 3June2013 for the congratulations on 100!
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Congratulations on 300 days Beagle! I hope to join you someday!

Congrats Elvis on 100!

Some good big counts today.

Jane that high fiving beagle is too cute!

DD, don't worry about being negative. It's OK to acknowledge how you feel. Nobody is going to mind that.

I feel like we are lost in a cave, some people are far enough ahead to see the light and some are still in the dark. The ones getting toward the light are calling back for those of us further behind and we can follow their voices. But it's OK to look around and say "Where I am is REALLY, REALLY dark. Especially if it helps you to want to change locations.

Beginning of day 11 for me. Have a good, clear headed day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great going--Proud of you!! Indeed--drunks are obnoxious

Glad thats over for me.

Keep up the great attitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to everyone on all the sober time.
                            I really hope to get to 30, 50, 100, infinity and beyond!
                            But I need help!!
                            It's day 11 and I said I wasn't going out to but any wine and I really wasn't but my partner did a favor for someone and they gave us a bottle of wine!
                            I really can't have this anywhere near me.
                            I'm freaking out. >

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brise, pour it out. NOW! Ask your partner to do so, if you worry that an open bottle would be a temptation - it definitely would have been for me on Day 11. Break the bottle, if needs be - do whatever it takes!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you DreamThinkDo. I would feel terrible if I poured it out. I know, maybe I am making excuses. I am not sure if this bottle being here will be a problem for me but I am pissed that my partner wouldn't at least try and hide it or not bring it in at all! He knows this is a lot harder for me than it is for him and I just panicked when I saw it.
                                I will not drink it.
                                I just feel like crying because this is my first real test and it's happening on a day where I am teetering on the edge. :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X