Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Needtogetbetter;1630767 wrote: Hi all! This is my first post. I had a terrible scare yesterday. I thought I had damaged my body so badly with drinking that my spleen ruptured itself. I panicked when I saw the bruises on my back... I drink 10-12 units of vodka throughout the day. I remain functional, but being a housewife has allowed me to get away with it. This is when it's do or die for me. I'm at home with no credit cards and enough cash to walk to 7-11 and buy a slurpy if I want.
    I look forward to gaining a lot of insight, and my health along the way.
    Welcome! You've come to a great place .

One idea would be to write down, in excrutiating detail, how scared you were yesterday, how bad you felt when you told your husband your secret, and how you feel today. You might not need to ever read it but in case you ever feel tempted, you could use it to remind yourself of where you never want to be again.

I work from home and like you, although that can be very nice, it allows us to get away with some Bad Stuff .

Keep reading and posting. Feel free to ask questions and chime in support of others. Posting helps you make a real commitment to your goal. If you haven't read the Tool Box yet (link below), there are many ideas in there for you to consider.

Glad you posted, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome needtogetbetter.

Hopefully you're having a good rummage around the forum. I suggest the toolbox for putting your tools in place and getting your head round what you can do to help yourself in your quit.

Read and post, post and read.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post with no sugar.
        What she said

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks again for the welcomes! NoSugar, great idea about writing it down! The several hours of panic and shame rank among the lowest moments of my life. I wanted to huck every drop of alcohol in a dumpster, but I know I'm not in a place where that is remotely a safe thing for me.
          And roxane, the toolbox is great. I have a new notebook (the paper kind) that needs to be filled, so I will get to organizing my plans

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome from everyone who said hi.

It's 5.00 am and I've just woken up after my first night without booze, on my 3 month minimum jouney with out al. Not a great sleep, but otherwise feel good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mein Sonnenschein;1630757 wrote: Hey Nest, I'm here for my evening check in. Horrible cravings this evening so I just ate two microwave burgers. Blah! I'm feeling sick and full now but I'm sober. So just eat if you get a craving! I'm not going to beat myself up about it and look forward to healthy food for breakfast tomorrow.
              I'm sorry, but that cracked me up because I just tried one of those horrible little bugers last week for the first time. Holy yuck! I hope you're feeling better, and have better luck with frozen foods in the future. And sober--that's good stuff!

ETA, I just noticed you're in Germany. Dr. Oetkers frozen pizza is the bomb--yum!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady, for the detailed response. I do agree how non- drinkers can be ostracized. Especially when they have been a big drinker and trying to change.

Long term, I don't no whether I'll want to be a non-drinker or moderate. But short term goal is 3 months non-drinking and then decide. I hope I can then continue for 12 months.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Jane27,

As mentioned in my original post, I have gone al free for 2weeks at a time in the last 6 months. I'm more determined this time to go 3 months and perhaps beyond.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 over ... Feel good ...
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1630812 wrote: Day 3 over ... Feel good ...
                      Right on Rahul......Welcome here.

The worst is over----and now it gets a little better each day.

Read lots and post whatever you wish...great folks here

:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done to all , Rahul as you know we are at the same stage! I am exhausted but happy. Also big welcome to all the newcomers. DD x
                        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you jane27! I think the witching hour thing for me is now, almost 2 pm. Housecleaning chores finshed, dogs walked and tennisballed and my favorite soap is coming on. Luckily for this first difficult week, All I have to do to remind myself of dark and freaky day yesterday is walk in the bathroom, pull up my shirt and see my mystery bruises. Strong motivation. And I've only been here a few hours, and everybody seems so kind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Needtogetbetter;1630848 wrote: Luckily for this first difficult week, All I have to do to remind myself of dark and freaky day yesterday is walk in the bathroom, pull up my shirt and see my mystery bruises.
                            Oh, I can totally relate to you on this one! I've had soooo many mystery bruises, an almost broken nose, sprained ankle... all due to AL. Luckily I've only physically hurt myself by falling over and not injuring my dog or husband in the process. I want to have nice clear skin and no more bruises! You are in good company here, we all understand what you are going through.

:l
                            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

If you can, change your routine at that witching hour. Also, if you're used to having a drink at hand, make it a long glass of something, lime and soda, water, chamomile tea, whatever.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day..gym for an hour...Costco..bank now I just made a yummy juice in my juicer I finally dusted off. I am going to get healthy yet!!
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X