Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wish we could send you some of ours. These last two days have been dry after like two weeks of constant deluge...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lunch time check in

mywayin - congrats to you on your AF time, don't be a stranger
      And thanks for the Winter poem - I totally say that every morning when I step outside :H

I was out driving in a blinding snowstorm this morning, white out conditions really & now the sun is shining brightly. What a bizarre winter!!!!

MS, Rahul & everyone else, hang in there with your quits. We can always find reasons to drink if we keep looking for them. Now we are compiling mountainous lists of reasons not to drink - right?
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again nesters! Just thought I'd come post again as my mid-day anxiety is starting to creep in on day 3 of taper. I'm doing good with AL, as if I run out of what's been left in the house, I'm out for the day.
        Stu, any reason is a good reason to avoid. Congrats for not going in and ducking behind the bar for a tinkle!
        Mein, sorry for the off day. I'm right there with you. But you did great for the concert. I've never seen One Republic, but they're on my "someday" list.
        K9, glad you got some rain! We're desperate for it here.
        And despite my off day, I'm a little happy because after a strong first week ending Sunday, I'm allowed to have my car and one debit card back (all receipts must match the online statement, cash forbidden). I think my anxiety is caused in part by being stuck in my 'hood.
        Alright, I feel a little better just coming and reading some good stuff. Time to choke down some milk thistle.
        :l:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

One of the upside down folk here. Successful 3 AF days. Starting day 4. All good!

Comment

Newbies Nest

And one here from the mother country petrelhead, keep going!

Needto, milk thistle tastes of nothing, and doing you good. Hope you managed your urge surf. Mid day is an awkward time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doc called today and the biopsies are all negative....WooHoo...he is always worried since he had prostate cancer 2 years ago....we can exhale now!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: Petrel you are one day ahead of me and it looks like everyone is hanging in there.

I knew today was going to be a tough one because every time I say I'm going to cut back or lay off for a while I always end up drinking on the 3rd day. Plus my husband and son are both working late today--the perfect time to cozy up with a bottle of wine and cook dinner. So I had a big plan--even though I was running around all day with errands, vet appts, etc--I would go to the gym at 3 and run on the treadmill and by the time I got home & showered I would have to jump right in and cook the dinner no time to drink.

Well I gave myself a nice little scare on the treadmill, my BP must have spiked because I suddenly got an intense headache, had to stop and sit down. Then I started to think, what am I doing? Should I really be changing anything at this point? I was very tempted to pick up that wine on the way home. But then I thought right, I will just have to start all over again. So came home (sure enough BP was up there), made herb tea, turned up the heat and watched mindless tv. Crisis averted and BP back to nearly normal. And tomorrow I am not going to push myself! One thing at a time.

Needto, glad to hear from you I was thinking about you today. Also good job Stu on the whole week. My friend the half-year abstainer always says the first week is the hardest.

Well the dogs have been fed and walked and now I have to start dinner and have no time or desire to go to the wine store. Whew! So grateful for this forum. :h
                :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and Dottie glad about your husband's results! that is good news.

And Lavande, same weather here all day, snow squalls, then sun, then snow and now freezing sun. Front steps are icing up I have to get the salt out on them so I don't fall down them--even though I'm sober! lol
                  :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there everyone! Days 3,4 and 5 are tough ones. We think that since we knocked out days 1 and 2, what's the problem???? Don't be fooled one bit! Stay the course! If you want to get to the point where AL is a fleeting (bad) thought and doesn't control your thoughts and actions anymore, then stick firm to your plan! I just got sick and tired of it all! It's exhausting....can I? Should I? All the mind chatter...I am happy to tell you it DOES go away! If it stayed this hard no one could ever get sober! Keep yourself busy and distracted! Turn that frown upside down (easy for the Aussies!) and change you mindset from deprivation to gratitude! You are finally DOING something about this problem instead of just talking about it. We all deserve a hand for that!!
                    :applaud:
                    Dots, GREAT news on hubs colon!

Snuggle in tonight and stay strong...you won't regret any day you spent sober! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie is soooo right:

Just change the mindset and the thinking from being deprived to getting it ALL.

We dont want this...and Im grateful to be sober...I truly am

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,i just wanted to pop in with a note to Needtochange,ive done tons of "tapers"and in my experience it only prolongs the anxiety,better to just quit,have one or two days of anxiety and then its done,thats just me though,everbody is different
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pauly, i agree. I had no luck with tapering. Once I have the one drink, it's WHERE is the next one? I felt deprived when I did that. Might as well cut to the chase and get it over with. You are so right, it's just prolonging the agony. Well put! Good to see you over here!
                          Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

The temp is heading down into the single digits the next few nights - enough!!!
                            C'mon Spring, huh??

Tapering can be kind of torturous for some but may be necessary for others who may have been drinking a lot. Cutting down slowly but surely can help prevent dangerous withdrawal symptoms including DTs & seizures. If anyone feels unsafe then don't stop suddenly. See a Doc first & get a Rx for something to help for the first few days. Quit but quit safely

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane when i got mine done i was sure that blood was running down my face and i was bleeding to death but hey they last awhile. Vanity = pain.

I have a sore throat also with razor blades in it so mind if i crawl in with you.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lol, I was wondering about that threading. They always make it look so easy when I see them at the mall. Guess I won't be tempted to try it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X