Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo proud of you Cecelia!!
    Ain't life grand?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Sophie....
      RJ says stay away from sugar....will cause al cravings....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay!

Well done Cecelia and big hugs! Remember that view, it will keep you going :wd:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh thanks Mama B, I didnt know that. Ok, bye bye to sugar too:wavin:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I didn't know that about the sugar. I have really been looking for sweet things. Guess I had better knock that off. Thanks for the info.:thanks:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

read the MWO out book.....several times.......it's alot to absorb

Comment

Newbies Nest

Will do Mama Bear! Hi Nora! Think I'll have to go cold turkey on the sugar..just one more choc bar to eat tonight and that's it..might get some herbal teas in so I have something to tickle the taste buds

Hope you are all having a good sunday..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

NoraC, good to see you again, it's been a while

Mama Bear & others - the sugar cravings start as a result of removing AL from your diet. The chemical make up of AL & sugar are almost identical. When you eliminate one you crave the other. Adding L-Glutamine is supposed to reduce sugar cravings.

I drin a LOT of herbal teas Sophie - zero calories
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, sounds like an utterly successful weekend in the nest! Whoohooo!

Cecilia... the view IS grand, isn't it? Good on ya!
                    LCC - you've done AMAZING this weekend.. and have totally hit the nail on the head... you can only deal with ONE person - and that person is you.
                    Sophie and Nora, I think I'll have to join you on the sugar detox - I've been shoving down an awful lot of sweets lately. And I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with me feeling fat and ugly! :H

Granny Lav, how are you this fine Sunday? It's another gorgeous day here; we went for a walk in the bush today - I so wish I had Miss Sophie here; today, I would have saddled up for sure. She was very lovey dovey this morning - until she discovered I had no more carrots - and cantered off :H Amazing, the energy that old girl has.

Anywhoo... I'm going to 'window' shop a little - go look online for stuff for my new room. It's a family/guest room and it's the one room in Mr. Wonderful's house that'll reflect ME. I love his house but our styles are quite different

So, off I go. Have a great afternoon, everyone!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Sophie - I like this -- "Spam, you are right about choices. That's where freedom lives;" It took me a while to understand that tthis is all about freedom.

Cecelia - "Today I'm thoroughly enjoying the view...it's beautiful." Yay Cecelia. A great accomplishment and a lovely way to share it. That's fantastic! It will keep getting easier.

MB, MG, HC, LCC - everyone I missed, keep up the good work!

Regarding boredom - one suggestion is to try reviving old interests that al kept you from doing. For me its...

Exercise - feels great to workout once I got past the initial weakness from lack of use.

Music - I play guitar, and have rediscovered that I really can play better when I'm sober. I've also subscribed to Rhapsody, so I can spend time getting caught-up on newer artists. Al has left me in a bit of cultural limbo, so it's kind of a challenge to get up-to-date.

Golf - it's a hobby/passion/obsession.

Reading - nice to remember what I've read too.

Writing - I keep a journal, and like to explore with words.

Cooking - I just like to eat, so I've been experimenting - haven't poisoned myself yet.

Sports - I'm able to get out and see a game or two now and then.

Spirituallity/Meditation - I think this has helped me to understand myself, my place in the world and has brought some peace and wholeness into my life.

I find that I don't have enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do.

The Margarita Mary incident last week had another lesson in it for me... I found that it was boring to sit there talking to a drunk lady -- I had to carry the conversation. On the other hand, I was out a few weeks ago with another lady. I ordered a glass of wine which I never finished because we were so busy talking and laughing and having fun. I know it seems like a lot of fun to get drunk, but al doesn't really cure boredom - it just makes us numb and unconscious, and as I've experienced can actually get in the way of the fun.

There are a couple of quotes about boredom that have stuck with me...

"Boredom is a desire for desires."

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."

I find it's fun to expand my horizons in any way I can. One thought that helped to open my eyes is that being an adult, no one tells me what to do or how to think or feel, so it is only me that is responsible for my happiness. I'm learning not to rely on anyone or anything else for my happiness. Real happiness can be shared with others; but I can't get it from others - it has to start within. Sorry if I've rambled again...

Take care everyone.
                      tw
                      Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama Bear just put on her brand new pedometer and her brand new runing shoes and drank her first ever smooothie with supps in it and walked 3.5 miles, or 3200 steps.
                        Who is this person???? I think I am turning from a yuppie into a hippie with all this health stuff. Next you know I'll quit shaving under my arms and legs, grow long crazy hair, wear tie dye and say "groovy" all the time:rockon:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tranq, you're so right about boredom. I used to say to my kids "being bored takes just as much energy as being involved..." It is very much a state of mind.. YOUR mind... and only you can change it. Same goes for happiness.

Personally, I find learning to be the most enjoyable thing I know (well, maybe the 2nd most enjoyable ) - and making THIS journey all about learning has somewhat sweetened the medicine for me in the beginning.
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening,

Thanks Lav, I will look into that supplement. Great to have a pro in the nest:thanks:

Tranq, With all those interests I doubt you would ever run out of conversation with anyone Hope your next date is a better match

Sunshine, sounds like you had a beautiful day. Yeah lets get together and beat the sugar.

Mama Bear! Get you! Well done and you are my hero..just dont go getting all hairy..I picture you rather glam

Chat later

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

How's everyone doing this beautiful Sunday? I am doing ok...just feel like not doing much and being left alone.

What's everyone up to today?
                              AF July 6 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sophie... I attached a photo to my profile just for you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X