Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

WooHoo LB....or should I say senior member Little Beagle...
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

LB woo hoo on becoming a SENIOR. Did not take me long i am afraid of getting to senior.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

out of curiosity, what does DH or DS mean? OR HD... it's like a whole new language for me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello! I got a new name, "Blooming" Tree23. Same Tree23 but with 60 days AF behind me. Really P.O.'d that I was logged off and cannot remember my password and my email isn't getting the email to reset stuff. But i was not going to miss posting on my 60th day! I really like my new name though because I feel amazing and am flippin' happy as hell! LOL. Good to see you all!
          -Tree23
          :earth: Tree23

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I typed a big long response for today, but internet gave out and I lost it all. Happy Sunday everyone. I'm uncertain if I post again at this particular thread. Lot's to think about...Good luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blooming congrats on your 60 days, wonderful news to share i must say.

Sarah all the D's are darling husband, sister, son, daughter etc. Nothing worse when you lose a long post i must say.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, thank you for the congrats. The 7th day will end tonight when I go to bed very soon. (sounds biblical) I had a physically very solid day in the garden as well as a long run this morning. Poor sleep is about the only major issue I've had with not drinking this week. And a physically tired body is a great remedy, so I'm hoping for the best sleep I've had in a while. Tomorrow, I wake to week 2. Yes I can relate to our Australian take on certain words. Makes us Aussies seem so crude.

Byrdlady, thank you.............I think? I'm feeling very good, and positive about my progress and 3 month goal.

Lav, thanks for your thoughts. All these good wishes are so powerful on a daily basis to keep us all moving forward.

Little beagle, wow congrats on 1000. Lots of helpful and friendly support in those I'm guessing.

Jane, thanks. I've never really thought of miss piggy that way!

As I said, a very physical day and I'm exhausted. I did think how a few cold beers would be this afternoon when I had finished. But when they're not on the menu, cold lemonade did the job nicely.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Petrel hello and 7 days is huge here i must say. Your day sounds definitely more physical than mine. I knitted one scarf and started another though i did defrost the freezer and met my daughter for coffee so it was productive and watched a movie.

Sleep gets better eventually, i now sleep a good 6-8 hours solid sleep though in the early days it was total crap and i felt bone tired at the end of the day which went with the constant headaches i suffered. Now its just sleep, get up, go to work, enjoy the day then repeat.

Funny how you do things and then think to be rewarded with al, i fleetingly get that thought, even with beer and i never drank the damn stuff.

Oh LB isnt up to 1000 days yet, we were chatting about celebrating the 1000 day mark even though not up to the 100 day mark yet though LB is way past that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava. No, I was responding to her 1000 posts. There' a lot of dedication in that. The long term posters should be proud of the help and support they provide.

Yes, the beer was a minor blip. Sunday drinks were as Friday night drinks to me. I hate Monday. But drinks Sunday night is just a plain bad start to the working week. But so common.

Being rewarded with alcohol is so common. Everything is celebrated with booze, and often to excess.

I'm enjoying my new found energy. Sleep is getting better. I didn't try and run last week. I though I would just survive the first week. I've run 2 days now. I will rest tomorrow. I've never run on a Monday. But the plan is to run on the other 6. My schedueled marathon will be my main reason for taking a break from booze, when people inevitably ask. In truth, it is part of the equation, hut only part of the whole story. Jane stark, in her book, mentioned how, in many countries, non- drinkers are ostracized. So I think about it a lot. I haven't had to answer the question yet.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh derr, blonde moment sorry, i will be a senior senior member soon haha. I am afraid i never had a break from drinking, every day ending in a Y was a drinking day, not sure how i actually drove to work most days in peak hour but where there is a will there is a way.

I went on a date a few weeks back and he asked if i wanted a drink and i said yes a lemon lime and bitters, he then said dont you want a wine and i said no thanks a LLB. next drink he asked if i wanted a wine now and i said no thanks. I think he asked 3 times until i said i was having a break from drinking. I didnt cave but damn i thought, yes just get me that drink thanks. I just am having a break, a very long break and the majority of people do drink but not like us. they dont go home after their social drink and have another bottle or two.

When is the marathon? In sunny Queensland? I think of running as a lot of hard work pounding those pavements! A nice casual stroll with the dogs is more my cup of tea.

Well 10pm here so my retirement time, enjoy your sober Monday tomorrow and chat soon. Go and check out "you know you are an alcoholic when" that is a very good thread for a read.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava. Gold coast. Fast,flat course. In July.

Yes, my sleep time too. I'm exhausted. Hoping for a great sleep, and looking forward to week 2!

Night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I was up early thanks to some impatient dogs but that's OK. Gives me more time to have coffee & read here

LB, congrats on your 1000 posts!

Tree, Congrats on your 60 days! Great work!!!

Sarah, don't let a lost post scare you off - happens to all of us at one time or another.

Nothing special going on for me today, just prepping for yet another major snowstorm, ugh!
                          Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,

It feels great to be free. Spent the Sunday after with kids. No need to plan for going in evening for heavy drinking ... Free and so much time !! I will be planning to using this time to restore my Heath. Have been abusing my body for far too long it's about time I come to this mode and slim down.

Yesterday might I had computer trouble in office and came back 2 am. Was there hungry and sober ... But good to know no Al thoughts.

Still with so much free time it's important to keep one busy or else I might fall back into the same trap.

I don't feel like counting days off Al now. You count for something which you miss, and I don't want to miss Al. Any suggestions ? How can counting help ?
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                              Yesterday was rainy and cold...today we are supposed to hit 70*! No wonder I can't shake this man-flu! I feel like some middle aged lady having temperature regulation problems! Oh, waita minute, I AM a middle aged lady. Well, it's NOT ME this time!

Sarah...sometimes, JUST sometimes, you can right click and hit 'undo delete' and get your note back. It happens quite a bit around here and it's very frustrating. Sorry about that...when you pour your heart and soul into a note and then PooF! It takes something out of a girl.

Rahul, I'm very proud of you! Since you asked about counting, I do have an opinion (no surprise to anyone here, right?) about that. I stand by the position that you can't manage what you can't measure. I do quite a bit of observation around the boards and I notice that the people who count, seem to do the best. The only thing I can deduce is that if you aren't serious about your quit, you aren't serious about your count. I know personally, I counted to Day 30 and a little bit beyond that....I kept track of it by the DATE...on the 20th of a month, it'd be another month, etc. I counted forward to 100 days, too and made that a goal. I like counting...because I am proud of my number of days, it is a means of measuring success. This is purely my opinion...but the folks who are successful seem to keep track. I just do what they do (LAV!). So far, so good!

Lil Beagle, Congrats on your Sr membership status, you've been a star in my book since you arrived!

Blooming Tree, 60 days is EPIC! We are so glad you came back to tell us of your success. Around here, that scores you a prize! Racking up this kind of time is big around here! We are chest so pleased to award you a coupla things for that!

:bust:

GREAT JOB!! Keep up the great work!
                              I stopped getting email alerts several months ago and when I use icons I lock up...so I feel your pain on that. Not sure why the emails stopped, that was really handy. I have to use the code (thanks NS) for the icon and put colons (:icon around it for them to show up.

Hope everyone has an easy day today! Make it count! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                                Beautiful day in the neighborhood. Started with freezing rain/sleet...now some snow or maybe more sleet....guess we aren't going anywhere....the winter that will never end....aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X