Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi, Sweet K9--

I can't imagine how you must feel, and I concur with Ava - that's some heavy shit.

I am so sorry that happened to you, I thank you for being so courageous to share it with us, and I know that since you reached out to Byrdie, Mama and FD that you have a strong support system to make sure it doesn't happen again. I know your daughter means everything to you, and I know you would do anything in your power to keep from hurting her.

Your contributions and support here will not be nullified by this. I know hundreds of us remember your warm welcome when we came here and your great advice along the way - who among us want a cellmate named Diablo?

I wish I could give you a big hug, too. Stay strong, sister. You got this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 you again remind newbies like us to stay strong on this course and never to feel that we should ever think now I am free and can take Al in moderation.

Its my day 11 or 12 and have been sleeping rather too well and getting bored ...
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Frances – Congratulations on a full week! Doesn’t it feel great?
        Way to go, Gracie B!

Jane! Congratulations on making it past 57. We’ve missed you around her, especially your humor. I hope you had a great vacation, stronger for staying sober through it.

Welcome, SpiritGirl. Lots of water, plenty of sleep, and read and post here as often as you need. You’ve come to a great place to get and stay sober.

Mama – thanks for the fly by!

Hypernova – NoSugar does occasionally have the odd piece of good advice. I make a habit of listening to her a lot. I agree after reading a ton that sticking close to the sober community is a great way to stay sober. I DO not want (and I will not have) another Day 1. What a relief! What a great opportunity!

Welcome, Esnc. Cooking and drink were one and the same for me. I now make a good tall “cocktail” of bubbly water and grapefruit juice. It helps me get through. Also, I don’t cook with wine yet. There are good substitutes listed online.

I am sure I missed some folks here. Stay strong and vigilant, nesters. When you least expect it, expect it. The beast will come calling.
        xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9. I love Yeats and this quote is a favorite

"Every conquering temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before."

Just remember that when its all said and done. The sum of your success wont be measured by a brief moment in time. I have and will continue to look to you for guidance. See ya tomorrow bright and early.
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

With tongue in cheek and an apology to Yeats I think it apropos to paraphrase his quote on being Irish... Being an alcoholic, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone , Just a quick fly by posting to say i'm still hanging in there at day 10 and , feeling good .
              BND
              Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
              Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to hear BND....Im sure your feeling a lot better.....Day 20 is even sweeter. Hope to see you add on newbies roll call every now and again....its growing pretty good and we need all the support we can get. Congrats on day 10!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi BND, Pavati and lead! Nice to make you acquaintance and good job on keeping up the good fight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LS! I'm fairly new here too and still trying to figuring out my 'start'.

K-9- Much respect to you for being honest, caring, and showing villigence. please don't beat yourself up!! I'm new here, but have read a number of your posts in certain threads, and I KNOW for a FACT you are a good mom, and have the determination to beat this! I know many of us here understand 'slip-ups' or whatever u want to call it... Much prayers and love your way!

Welcome to all newbies who are here! This is a good place to sit for awhile.

To veterans- your words of wisdom are always appreciated. Thank you.

Much love and peace to all,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

I need a really big cup of coffee today, so here goes:

This has been one of those write-delete-rewrite posts, but I think I should post this. The last couple of days (and perhaps even weeks) have been good ones for me, I felt fine not drinking, so much so that I started thinking that I needed a short break from MWO: for a bunch of ex-drunks we certainly talk a lot about booze:H:H, and I was actually growing tired of it. Then I read K9's post on the Steppers thread and her later one here, and that really stopped me dead in my tracks. If this could happen to somebody with so much AF time behind her, who am I to think that I'm safe with a paltry 20 weeks behind me? Who am I to ignore what the oldtimers here keep on stressing - the time you start posting is the time you start getting into trouble; that we should never ever become complacent and think we have this beat? So, triple butt velcro for me, and you'll just have to endure my posts (or skip them:H). I am not straying from this site - I'm not strong enough to do so, despite what I'd been thinking.

K9, I'm devastated by what happened to you, but you brought an important lesson home - and for that, I really really thank you. It must have taken guts to post here in the Nest, but I think it's a post we all have to read; it's a post we all need: we can never stop being vigilant.

Have a good AF Hump Day, Nesters.
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning again Nesters (you were warned in my previous post...:H:H:H)

How does it feel being in the double-figures seats, Bran? Congrats!

TJAF - :wavin: from another Yeats fan!

Pav, your comment about NoS's "occasional odd piece of good advice" had me laughing like anything!

Rahul, I saw red flags and heard sirens screaming when I read that you were feeling bored. I trot this link out regularly - there's bound to be something there that will keep you busy and boredom at bay: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ing-53608.html. Oh, and Byrdie recommends counting the dimples on a golf ball!

Esn and Luvin :welcome:

OK, enough from me for now - have a good whatever time of day you're in now!
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Just a quick check in. Wow, lots of traffic here today. Congratulations to everyone hanging in there.

Hyper nova, I like you are filling that void left by Al with reading, Internet, eating well, cooking and exercise. They're all great things. They Don't allow boredom to set in. Good plan!

SpiritGirl, good luck with a new beginning. You're definitely in the right place.

MossRose, hi, good luck and stay strong and stick around. It's really working for me and others.

K9, nice to meet you and I hope you hang in there. And here.

BND. Hey my Aussie friend. Congrats on day 10. Double digits. Right with ya!!

Hey Ava, my other Aussie friend! I hope you're not working too hard.

Well, my day 10 is drawing to a close. I'm not tempted by Al, which has been great. Lots of other things to distract me. I'm exercising very well in the mornings. It leaves me very tired in the evenings when I get home from work, but that's led to some excellent sleep. I slept 7 hours straight last night.

Everyone is being so supportive to everyone who needs it, with some light humor as well. It's a great environment to travel this journey.

Thank you all !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE one and all

Its been quite a day on the nest, no day is ever the same and we would be a boring lot if it was. We have to think of the positives every day.

BND good on you for those 10 days, the time flies and you too Petrel. It will be 14 days in no time at all and gets so much easier.

My daughter is trying to plan a 50th birthday dinner for me. When i was drinking there was going to be a huge party and of course plenty of al so i could get blotto but now it just doesnt have any appeal so we are going out to the venue where her and her hubs were married last year so that will be nice. My first thought was "who is going to drive?", oh that will be me. Derrr, i keep forgetting i dont drink on occasions.

Mien i hope you are doing ok, i am still hugging you girl and thinking of you.

Rahul do not get bored, keep busy even if it means cleaning the floor with a toothbrush or washing verticals. Being bored leads to dangerous thoughts of al and i know all about that one.

Nothing much to report here, just work and more work and looking forward to the weekend and it is a long weekend for us melbourians, woo hoo.

Be good everyone and stay strong,
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Ava, I turn the big 50 this year too. In May. 1964 must have been a good year!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Excellent year i must say and i share my birthday with none other than Hitler. The children say there is a reason for that! Still trying to think what it is.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X