Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mama Bear I was right! I love being right You are gorgeous. Isn't Dadda Bear lucky Bet you'll sleep well tonight after all that walking:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Christy, I was like that yesterday, couldn't bear having people around me but I got over it. Hope you are having a lovely evening

Comment

Newbies Nest

new and hopeful

:new:new here. hoping to learn from peeps.a little help and advice on how to take the edge off. drinking is my easy option but i cant stop then feel so awful. then i want a drink because i feel so awful. round and round in circlesn
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Spuddleduck!
          I know all too well the cycle you are talking about.. you can stop this cycle today! I have been AF for 12 days (today).. and feel so much better, no regrets, no remorse.. We are all here to help you on your journey..
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning.

Spam I agree with you whole heartedly. You cant tell someone they have a problem or they drink too much. Can you imagine what it would have felt like if someone told us we had a problem before we were ready to admit it? I would have just drank more "to show them" ! (childish hey!)
            Mama you sound awfully groovy today... just remember what my screen name is!! Doing laundry when you are bored? Surely that would make you bored.... LOL.
            Cecelia - what a beautiful way to describe how you feel. I have written that in my journal as it is so inspiring and I want to remember that when I am feel down (which is alot lately).
            Christy - glad you popped in. Hope you are feeling a bit better today.
            Welcome Spuddleduck (love your name) - I have been on that same roundabout for years and years, going round and round..... It feels so good to jump off though. Takes a lot of effort but it is worth it. Glad you're here. Come visit us often.
            Kbrown - good to hear you are sounding brighter today. Weekend is over again thank goodness.
            Lav, Tranq, Jolie, Sunshine, Soph and everyone else who pops in -G'day.
            Mazzie and Meech (where are you?) Hope you are doing OK.
            Have a good day (Mondays are definitely longer than any other day...)
            Hippy chick
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Forgot to mention. Someone (cant remember who, sorry) asked about having a rather troubling time on the loo and was wondering if it had anything to do with the supps. I was just reading my brochure that came with mine and it says at the bottom of the chart if you have gastro intestinal distress to move the magnesium to dinner or eliminate it entirely.
              Hope that helps.
              HC
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Wow, a super busy day here - that's great

I had a great afternoon MAKING mozzarella cheese! My daughter & I made our first batch this afternoon, it turned out great & took very little time
                I'm sure we will be trying other cheeses soon!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the Nest. Let's leave the night light on for any late arrivals!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooh, Lav. Homemade fresh mozerella! Here's something to try if you like salad --

Cube up some fresh mozerella, say 2/3 cup for two people; slice up a big handful of fresh strawberries per person. Mix up 1tbsp each evoo and balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper. Toss a third of the vinegarette with the berries, and the rest with some romaine lettuce. Plate the lettuce and top with the cheese and strawberries. Adding a little fresh basil is good too. It's kind of like a sweet caprese salad - really refreshing in the summer.

Yep, Sunni, the learning is the best part of this. Sophie - I just kind of refuse to be bored - works for me.

Have a good night and a happy Monday everyone.

Take care.
                  tw
                  Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick
                    that was me complaining about potty issues......I put my All In One in a smoothie now that I make with yogurt and the poopies have gone away.......isn't that groovy?
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

So Upset with myself

Hello all-

I just wrote a PM to my friend on MWO and I am going to relate to you all as well.

So....Sat night my friend I posted about earlier came over to hang for a bit while she got ready to "go out" husband and I had no intention of joining we were painting a room. So I, yes ME, get the GREAT idea we should go to the store and get some beer for THEM since I know husband likes a beer while painting and she wanted one. I was drinking water. They start and after 2 hours by the time she left...I waited until then, I had already told her I quit drinking and I don't want to go thru that again I decide to sneak a beer. Husband figures out, after one week sober and all this medicine, doctor pills etc. Not real happy with me. I told him I wasn't feeling good when I got home strength wise hours before, I dont' blame my friend she doesn't have a drinking problem its not her fault its mine.

Why why why did I do this I had 7 days??? I think somehow subconciously I felt a "people pleasing" thing going on that I wanted to have an AL bev to offer my friend since over the years that's been a big part of us hanging out...and then being around it that long just killed my resolve. But I also don't think I can be around AL at this point its just too dam* hard. I want to continue to start back tomm.... I know I was hitting a lot of depression at that 7 day point I made it to, but that's to be expected. I am so upset with myself. I was doing so well, I just feel like I suck lots of yucky self loathing biz going on. Thanks for listening as always just trying to be honest about where I'm at. I have really enjoyed being a part of this group and I want to pick myself up dust off and start again. :upset:

MG29
                      I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Married Girl - I know what you mean. I will feel like I'm doing very well and then I slip and fall.....smack! GOOD for you for picking yourself up and brushing the dust off. That is the way to do it. :goodjob:
                        I am on day 9. I have been on vacation, visiting my parents. Drinking is not an option here. And the truth is that I have not even wanted to drink. But, I am going home in another 6 days. I am trying to get myself prepared so I don't slip into my old habits. I have been coming to MWO and reading posts. I know that I am going back to all the stresses that are triggers. I am learning another way to deal with it. I am sure that I am going to be clinging to all of you very tightly in another week. I think we can do it, if we just grab onto each other and hold on. :l
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back for a bit!

Everyone sounds good here! Great to see Sunshine is still popping in!

I am feeling much as Christy was the other day,just want to be left alone!!

So will take it slow and steady and be kind to self.

Not alot to say really,just wanted to say hi!

Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Chook....good to see you back here. We both joined MWO at about the same time. I have been struggling. But, I am back. Ready to make a change for the better in my life. It really feels good to be here again.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone.
                              Feeling alot more positive today. Had a chat with my h/b about how I was feeling and have decided it is time to tackle the depression I have been denying for over 18 months. I thought al was a depressant and as soon as I stopped it would lift. The Dr I see has been trying to get me treated for depression for a while but I just thought I needed to stop drinking. Obviously not! So having made the decision to give it a good go this time, I actually feel better (placebo effect already??).

Groovy Mama - glad your poop is OK now. (sorry folks if you have come in after the conversation).:eeew:
                              MG - Dont use the past tense saying you "have enjoyed being part of this group" like you are leaving us . You ARE part of this group and we are glad that you are here. Our basic aim is sobriety for ourselves and by sharing our ups and downs we help each other get there. It is hard but pick yourself up, dust yourself off.......
                              Nora - grab on tight. We are all in this together.
                              Chicken - Hi. hope you are OK.
                              Lav - making your own cheese! What a wonderful thing to do. I watch a show we have on cable here about making all sorts of different cheese around the world and it has always appealed to me to make it. I bet it tastes even better when it is your own.
                              Tranq - I have done one of your suggestions to "cure" my boredom and have cooked up a storm much to my teenagers delight.... cakes, slices, rolls filling the fridge. Lucky he is in a football scholarship at college so he can run all those calories off!

Time to get my Kindle out and finish my book.

Take care everyone, stay strong.

HC
                              I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend - logged on a couple of times and read some posts but didn't have a whole lot of time to post - too many nosy people around (ha ha)

MG - please don't get discouraged - I've been where you are - caved and felt so disappoined with myself - I could say "just pick yourself up and start over again" but instead, I'm going to say - PICK YOURSELF UP AND HOP BACK ON THE WAGON! The whole numbers thing seems to get a little overwhelming for me at times - for someone that drank every single day for the past several years, I am feeling optomistic that I can string days or even weeks together at a time compared to where I was 3 months ago. To anyone that can read behind the lines - yes - I had 3 glasses of wine on Friday night. Am I disappointed in myself? YES Felt horrible the next day. I am keeping the AL out of my house and trudging on.

Hope everyone has a great day
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X