• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

LOL!! I share mine with Kylie Minogue and Jeff Fenech:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day!

K9, I'm very sorry about your fall & hope that you are on the road to recovery once again. Keeping up that all important vigilance keep us in the AF seat. Keeping our thoughts positive & staying involved here, not isolating are most important. Get your butt Velcro on & be well

Hello & welcome to Esnc!
      Have you checked out the Tool box yet? You will find lots of great ideas there to help you through your dinner time spot.

Greetings to everyone. Sending wishes for a terrific AF Wednesday for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning here, a cold one at that...
        thought I'd poke my head in the door and say hello. Here's hoping that everyone's enjoying a sober Wednesday. Beats the heck out of the alternative. Ava, it is great you can be a sober 50!! Can't think of a better way to celebrate.

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and Byrdie recommends counting the dimples on a golf ball!
          That's funny! I may have to try that Yes Rahul, I know what you mean about being bored. I keep thinking I should be more productive at home now but somehow I still cannot get myself to get to work on my 'to-do' list. My to-do list is really only in my head - maybe I should write it down so that I can literally check things off.

K9 I don't know you well having only been here a few days but I am sooooo pulling for you and I just know from your posts and everyone's comments that you are strong and you will continue on your journey stronger than before!

Yesterday was sooo much better than the day before and I was home all day again so that was a good sign. I hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry I have not been on NN as much as I should. K-9 I love you. You wisdom, your humor, your suport in difficult times. :l
            I will catch up more this p.m. work for now.
            I have missed you Jane.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
              This has been a busy place in the last little while!
              K9, when I was catching up from the overnight posts, I was reading what everyone said...I was going to quote Ava, then NS, then TJAF, then Lead, then Luvin, the next person and the next. I agree with all of them!
              This opponent we fight is insidious and ruthless. I am taking your experience on board as a "that might as well have been me" scenario. I will learn from this, just as you are. Get right back up and carry on....do not give AL one more day of your precious life!
              I have always believed (and seen thru observation) that a relapse is a process, not an event. Did you see this coming at all? Is there something that we can learn about how it came about? Just wondering about that...and if there might be something we can do to recognize the warning signs. I am so proud of you for stepping right back up, I can tell you that. Much love and admiration to you.

Make it a great day, everyone! So good to see the newest newbies thriving! You will never regret one day you spend sober! XO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Jane, so good to have you back!
                I'm not a psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week....this sounds like a classic case of SELF SABBOTAGE! You have just jumped your hurdle of 57 days and you are scared of succeeding (deep down!) If you fall, then you can say....SEE, I TOLD you I couldn't do it! Now, this is new territory. You gotta tell that old Jane to F off! You are taking this new opportunity and running with it! I'm a lot like you, so beware! I have a thing with my tongue and my front bottom teeth, I pull suction thru them and I get painful places on my tongue from constantly feeling my front bottom teeth, I have a scalloped tongue from the pressure! This is a nervous habit that you and I are going to have to address....it is certainly NOT a reason to drink.

I would strongly suggest that you take the focus off of yourself. When you make yourself the center then it's really easy to throw, attend and never leave a pity party. Why not set yourself on a task to help someone else? Call a nursing home and see if you can take your doggies over to visit. Those poor souls don't see anyone for months except the nursing staff. It is such a GREAT feeling to bring joy to someone else. We only have this ONE affliction, right? We cannot drink under any circumstances...but there are millions of people who'd give anything to be in our shoes: amputees, people with cancer, and other terminal illnesses. There are people who struggle every day to draw a breath and they still are fighting! Try to adopt an attitude of gratitude and do something really NICE for someone else! It works miracles and I'm living proof. Don't let the Old Jane break this new one, because she is FANTASTIC! Put yourself to the service of others...it pays you back in spades. Now get up, get out, and make it happen, Missy!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel really sad. K9 - you are, and still will be my hero. I have always related to your posts and I certainly don't think one blip makes you any less so. If anything, I even more "want to be you when I grow up" cos you are so real! I hope you are feeling better and back on track. Myself, yes Lav and others, I do know all about depression sadly. Dragged - literally, kicking and screaming - to the doctor at 18, I have been on anti-depressants since (15/16 years). I know that AL has obviously interfered with them the last few years but I just cannot seem to right myself. I see nothing in the future beyond looking after my beautiful girl. But what will become of me??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - after reading some of the posts of support for each other, I now remember what I love so much about MWO... There are incredibly kind people here...

K9 - I found a PM I sent you over 3 years ago about being such an inspiration to me. I clearly am one of many, and that says a LOT about you... Even though I don't know the details, whatever you just went through is also an inspiration... You did the right thing, it sounds like... You reached out to Byrdie instead of completely giving in to your temptations... That is just SO COOL....

Day 2 for me... I feel much better and will keep coming back...
                    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                      Sun is out and there is hope for spring..
                      Meeting at dads nursing home tonight. It is for the families to discuss issues etc. I havent been to visit him in 2 weeks. After the last visit I decided to put a little distance between visits for my sanity sake. So we will do a short visit before the meeting.
                      Looking at some vacations for this year and next. I want to take whatever money we get from selling the RV and do some structured travel. Life is too short to sit here and rust.....
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

:upset::upset:
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hmmm.... I don't know who Diablo is. Sounds like an interesting back story. :P

I'm glad you're feeling better K9 and are not staying down for the count! This will all be behind you soon....

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, sounds like you are back in the game - good for you
                            TTDP if that's what you need to do, OK?
                            We all love you to pieces,
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1634444 wrote: K9, sounds like you are back in the game - good for you
                              TTDP if that's what you need to do, OK?
                              We all love you to pieces,
                              Lav
                              Getting my new prescription at lunch time today Lav! No more messin' around. One pill every other day is enough of a deterrent. At least I will feel like I am being proactive in not drinking. Sitting back and "hoping" for the best has never worked for me!

Gracie - Diablo is what I call my cellmate on one of my many trips to jail. Nothing makes you feel lower than to realize your most valuable posession is a clean pair of shoes, then to wake up and realize they were stolen off your bunk in the middle of the night. How sad does that sound? Thank heavens those days are over!!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Grumpy & headachey

Was having to tell the old booze brain to shut-up repeatedly yesterday evening, but made it through...just feeling blah today, but am resolved. I don't have hangovers or foggy brain, fortunately or unfortunately ...but I am motivated to loose the weight I haven't been able to, while consuming a bottle of wine every darn day...plus a blackberry brandy or two as well.
                                Moreover I need to support hubby because he was drinking enough scotch, he was having black-outs regularly... it's too hard for either of us to not drink if we aren't both on the wagon.
                                So we're plodding along, but gicing each other the support we need...but I need the additional boost MWO folks provide here as well...hubby's not a joiner.

Thanks for all you do...all of you! Byrdlady & Lavande ...I remember you both from my last
                                venture a couple of years ago...can't remember my old handle...but it was way too long and cumbersome anyway.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X