Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K-9 my heart hears you

K-9... my kids are young-ish... 8 and 4. They only say I have "bad breath" at story time before bed. I am terrified they will put the pieces together. I want to be there for them and teach them good things!!! Good for you for being there for your daughter!
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucky, I am so sorry that you are feeling bad after so much time AF. You can pour the rest of the alcohol out right now, have a cup of tea and get a good rest. Tomorrow will come and you can start again. Our own strong K9 just had a skip a few days ago and she stopped put away the alcohol and is back on track. This can just be a small blimp if you decide that the alcohol is not doing you any good. Tomorrow you can think about and figure out your triggers. I hope you get a good sleep and I will see you in the nest tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucky: Back on the saddle tomorrow. Many will be able to talk you through it in the sense of figuring out your trigger but the more important thing is that you came back around, checked in, and want to figure it out! Stay tough and we'll see you tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luckyflower;1634651 wrote: Hello dear nesters

Me again, not able to get it over with.
          Drinking, again after months of no al.
          I need help. Not kind words. Seriously, why did I lose myself again?
          I?m so confused. I thought AL is way behind.
          I thought I got this. Boy was I wrong.

Sorry for the honesty. It is what it is. Back to drinking.
          :upset:
          Hi Lucky...I here you...Ive been off and on for almost a year...now at 30 days...feeling good.

Have you been reading much?.....do you post here often? Each of my relapses were less and less....because I kept learning more....but I kept trying. Just regroup my friend...analyze a bit...and have a plan...certain little things you do each day to help you and reinforce your TODAY promise. I do a few things...I write here...I take a ton of sups, I carefully plan my diet, I do a little yoga and I work out a bit and I read an AL abstinence piece each night. I take each day at a time.

I applaud you for your honesty...everyone here will help you where they can.

Just try again...it works with practice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Our own strong K9 just had a skip a few days ago and she stopped put away the alcohol and is back on track.

Thank you Bastet for trying to make me feel better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am terribly sorry about my crying, was not aware of k9 fall.
              Stay safe nesters:-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE nesters

Some great thinking posts have been written in the last few days and honestly it is all up to us if we drink. We have to choose not to and have the determination to stay committed. We all know it is hard, we all dont want to fail but sometimes we do and we have to get up and start again or al wins. I stopped (not many times i must admit) and started again with a vengeance and i got so tired of drinking, i loved it but it was making me unwell, it was ruining my relationship with one particular daughter in particular and it was either al or my children. My children won. As i was wisely told we love our addiction but we love our children/husband/mother/father/brother whomever more and they are worth way more than al any day.

Do you have a support person Lucky? PM me or anyone on here that you feel a bond with that will help you and support you. I dont deny that i feel i want a drink and when i do i will message my children and say "want to come over for a wine" and they will say "no mum remember you dont drink" but i need to say it, i still want to be normal but i cant be normal with drinking. Are you drinking AT someone Lucky? Believe me no one is worth drinking AT and there is no prouder feeling when you dont drink AT people.

I never thought i could do a week let alone 3 months but here i am and it is hell on wheels the first few weeks but there is light at the end of the tunnel and its pretty damn bright and good. My mantra when i first quit was "today i will not drink", i am sure i talked it in my sleep but it helped immensely.

Stay on here and post like "lunatic Linda" (me), be accountable, go on the Roll Call thread. I dont want to fail any of my friends on MWO and i have no intention of doing that. This is my AA, these people are the help i need in my quest for sobriety.

I am not sure if i have helped and i think i typed for myself also to set in concrete what this is all about.

I wont waffle anymore. Hello everyone and you are all sounding strong. It does get better each day and i never thought it would, i thought drinking was much more fun but after a few weeks waking up sober is a totally amazing experience and one i highly recommend.

Still hugging you K9 and give a hug to your daughter too for me.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All , I hope to be around a bit more for the next week , as I'm away from home and working on my own which is my danger time [ no-one to be accountable for except myself ].
                  Stay strong and wake up Happy !! BND .
                  Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                  Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav for me the reason to not drink today is so tomorrow Will feel good, I will sleep tonight, I will have the respect of my family. I guess the list could go on all day. But I don't worry about not drinking tomorrow until I get there.
                    Lucky you are still here so you don't really want to drink, you were just having a weak moment. Don't give in to this monster.
                    Thanks for the early morning waffle. I love it. Double meaning of the word and all!
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Chilly but sunny here, at least it's not snowing

Luckyflower, if you want to kick AL out of your life & take back control then we are here for support.
                      You need to make that decision & commitment. Kicking AL out of my life was the best decision for me. I have no regrets whatsoever & you can do it too

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a terrific AF Thursday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Posted this in the wrong spot! Let's try this again....

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Luckyflower View Post

I had been reading the forum for quite some time but took me some time to actually join. I am sick and tired of the shame and guilt. Reading helps me realize that I am not alone and that there are so many of us struggling with quitting. I know it's just the beginning but I already feel better. Sleeping for 7 hours straight last night was amazing. I wish us all the power to resist and find out AF lives again. End Quote 10/19/13

Lucky, I ran back and got your first post on Oct 19, 2013. This was your Day 3. Already you were feeling better...It is amazing that it only takes a couple of days to get your momentum back. But you must make a decision...and it's between two things: life or death. I could sugar coat it, but that's about the jist of it. It is inevitable that you quit, you can do it under YOUR control or under AL's. So get back to the basics that we talk about here...get ALL the AL out of your space and vow to buy NO MORE of it. Surround yourself with things you love to do and eat. Keep your tummy FULL! Make this your Day 1 and by Saturday, you'll be posting another note like the one above! There are NO shortcuts to getting sober. It takes work, but I know you can do it because I have seen you in action. I know you aren't a big poster, but please glue yourself in and read and make yourself be accountable. You can do this...we believe in you.

Lead, you know in the course of a person's day, you just take some things as a given? Well, this is my feeling towards you. You had the right mindset the very day you first landed. You write really amazing things here and are so supportive to EVERYONE. I truly admire that and I am so proud of your 30 Days. When I read your stuff, I say, YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! I should give you more 'Hell yeah's'!!! GREAT job on your 30 days!!! On behalf of the nest, please accept this hat!!

:goodtime:

30 days around here is saying something. It says "I got the lead out and am taking steps to improve my life". Not only have you gotten help, but are the first to greet new people when they come onto the site. This is a big day! We are so proud of you. As you know, we like speeches as to how you did it! What is different this time? What worked and what didn't? Keep up the great work!

Hope everyone is having an easy day today! I'm with Little Beagle, all I'm worried about is today, and I can handle that! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Afternoon coffee, anybody? I was caught unawares by a new electricity load-shedding schedule, which will be in place for the next few weeks, apparently. Not fun at all - my laptop battery should see me through the off hours, but I need the Internet for work. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!! is all I can say.

Lucky, you've had lots of good advice from everybody; the one thing that the last couple of days here has reinforced for me is that we can't ever EVER relax our vigilance: we may think we have our drinking and our thoughts under control, but that sly BliksemseBoozeBrain is tireless. Don't stray too far from the Nest - we're here to catch you. :l:l:l
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                            Off to yoga class...got up way too early this morning but feeling good.
                            Sun it out and it is going to be a great AF day!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luckyflower;1634666 wrote: I am terribly sorry about my crying, was not aware of k9 fall.
                              Stay safe nesters:-)
                              Lucky - You can cry anytime! We are here to help you wipe your tears. Believe me, we KNOW how hard this is, as you've seen the last couple of days. BUT...the good news is that it does get easier. Despite what happened to me on Monday night, I feel stronger, the slip only lasted one day, and now I know what finally pushed me over the edge. My daughter at the psychiatrist...I felt like I didn't even know her. I went out into the lobby and cried. We've been through so much, and I just wanted to shout at her "REALLY????" Of course I didn't, so instead I "soothed" myself with drink and regretted it horribly. A long hot bath and a good book would have been a lot more of an escape. Just remember, there is always an alternate choice to drinking. And you will NEVER wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before. Stick close to us!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1634815 wrote: Just remember, there is always an alternate choice to drinking.
                                That pretty much sums it all up K9 - remember this, take the alternative, and everything else pretty much follows .

It is good to have you back in force in the Nest :l.

Comment

Working...
                                X