Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'll make a point to wear one of my Lilac shirts to work on Monday Ava.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Petrel, tht or red thanks. I meant to ask before how the hell did you function as a dentist when you were drinking? I found it hard enough as a damn secretary.

Hows the football? Dr Blake is good i must say.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Purple it shall be, Ava!!!
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, I don't do red
          Good question. I guess weeknights were mild. Drank more on the weekend. I also went to bed early and slept a lot. I even managed to run in the mornings quite often. So glad I don't drink now. Just have to make it stay that way. I have to say I'm enjoying work a whole lot more now. I definitely have a new found enthusiasm towards it , and life in general.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Football is close.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok i suppose red is more a females colour so i will forgive. I drank 1 to 1 1/2 bottles of sauv blanc a night, god knows how i drove to work in peak hour every day but i seemed to be a good functioning alcoholic or maybe not when i think about it. Now i seem to get all my work done, no mistakes and have an opinion that many of my work colleagues dont appreciate and that is a positive about giving up al, you learn to like yourself and not take other peoples crap though mind you my tolerance level is now way down.

You will be fine petrel, the easy way to stay that way is not drink although i know it is easier said than done but determination is the key and at the end of the day who really had fun being drunk? I had long lost the fun aspect of drinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, we're probably lucky we got through without drama. I'm just so glad to move on, and leave that behind me. I know you will relate to that. Sav blanc was my drink of choice after a few beers. I think the most popular drop in Australia and NZ now.

Thanks for your confidence Ava. I have to say, I'm a little surprised how well AF is going for me. No room for complacency though.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yip yahhh!! My team the broncos won. I think I'll celebrate with another cup of chamomile.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh i loved sauv blanc so much lol. For the life of me i cant remember what it tastes like but i know i loved it and i am sure i could love it again if i let myself but like you i cant and wont let myself love any al. I am sure on my trip to thailand shortly that there are some really nice cocktails without al poured into them and really it is way too hot to drink over there. The last time i went the drinking and hangovers nearly killed me in the heat.

Maybe the switch has switched for you as it did for me. Its like i woke up after a bad nightmare that lasted 10+ years (bad drinking) and just thought I dont really want to drink anymore. I do wish i could have not had the withdrawals etc but its part of the healing process with al and life gets so much better. With 4 children that would be so disappointed if i drank, it really is not an option for me and the fact i dont want to drink.

Life is full of suprises Petrel.

Watch that "tea-over" they can be rough!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Couldn't agree with you more, Available, about those benefits of quitting al !

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here for a while, continuing to care for my old folks etc.

Welcome to all Newbies; if you want to turn your life around, this website and the Newbies Nest is the place to start. There's a wealth of information and support here; I give thanks for it all the time.

Hi to the one and only Little Beagle:l

Hi to everyone else too!

Strap in tight for a AF-free weekend, it's so worth it!

love,
                      Steady
                      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

P.S To my fellow Australians, Go The Pies ! :H
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava. I know I'm very determined to maintain this now. I hope to emulate your 100 and beyond. Cruising through another Friday night is so good. Just another night.

Hi steady. Nice to meet another Aussie. It must be Australian hour.

Well, my bedtime. See you all tomorrow!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Steady, glad you are doing well and hope all is going ok with your parents, the joy of getting old really! Not sure i am keen on that one but at least i am hoping i wont have any al related diseases. I see it is not long till a year for you. wow and double wow, time flies when you are having fun.

Take care and thanks for checking in. Oh go the Rabbitohs, which they did last night!
                            xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

7am here in the US - Friday is just getting started

I have lots to do today so I'll just wish everyone a great AF Friday!
                              Get your plans straight for the weekend, keep yourselves busy & out of trouble

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Thane, thixthy dayth ith fantathtick! Congrathulationth! You're doing thwimmingly! Thuth an inthpirathion!

Well done, Jane - really proud of you!
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X