Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ok, now I've seen everything, a BoobieBird basking in a blue bikini! I hope yall aren't making fun of my 34 longs! :H:H:H That is not a very good representation of me...my butt is much bigger (that's why I do the mooning around here!)

Petrel and Rahul...there was just a change in my thinking around the 2 week mark (13 days, actually) that seemed like the world went from black and white to COLOR. The fog lifted and I was actually able to see what was happening. AL WAS the big LIE! I felt duped! It felt like I was watching my own life from a third person, if that makes sense. I guess that is the true description of awakening from this zombie lifestyle. It was cool and weird at the same time. I'm so proud of both of you!

Jane, 60 days! Coincidently, that IS the Boobie Prize!
    :bust:
    This is for racking up 60 big days! We are chest so proud of you! We are busting with PRIDE!! Ok, enough boob jokes....GREAT job, Lady Jane!!!

Yes, Friday is just another day! Ava, we can't wait to celebrate with you on Monday...is that our Sunday? I get so confused!! 100 days is HUGE around here, when I was coming up (insert eye roll here for nostalgic storytelling) VERY FEW people made that milestone! This is a different place today, we have LOTS of success here now! Have a great day, everyone!!! BB
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Dreams just posted on roll call 7 days!! WoooHoooooo.
      Here's your moon!
      :moon:

Keep up this streak! The worst is behind you! (no cracks about my big butt!)
      XXOO, The Gang
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone

[QUOTE
        New Dream - I read a lot on here - there is a lot of accumulated wisdom here. Have you checked out the toolbox (under monthly abstinence thread) I also liked Lit by Mary Carr, Drunkard (forgot his name), and Drinking, a Love Story. There are suggestions in the toolbox and in other threads as well. The Rain in My Heart videos are heartbreaking - watch at your own risk and as a reminder of what you don't want to become.

Pav
        I may watch The Rain in My Heart videos ...but probably don't need to....I am a nurse and work as a telefonic case manager....I have had several very ugly cases over the last month or two of helping with case coordination with folks who's disease has brought them to the ICU and have spent months in the hospital on a ventilator, with liver failure and all the complications that come from be bed ridden in a health care system that truly doesn't have enough bedside nurses to properly take care of their caseloads. One is currently transitioned to hospice & not expected to make it...another has just moved over to an longterm care facility after 2 months in the hospital, is still on a vent. They are both in their early sixties, on 61 and the other 62. I also have managed several 30 & 40 somethings...with chronic pancreatitis due to their disease, unfortunately many of them are still in denial of their disease...as we all have been at one time or another.

AND it is a disease....and it does take work and vigilance...just like a diabetic needs to watch their diet & watch their blood sugars and take their insulin or oral anti-diabetic medications or risk loosing toes or limbs to ulcerations...we need to find our medicine our insulin equivalent... for me this forum is a part of my insulin equivalent.

Sorry to be so graphic and morbid... but a a better note it's Day 7...this is a landmark for me. Back in 2009 I was here on MWO...still in denial for the true nature of this disease or demon whatever you want to call it...thinking I would moderate...7 days was all I could ever manage. Did manage to cut down and not drink daily for several months...but I don't think I ever made it beyond seven days...I am looking forward to celebrating 30 & 100 & 100+ right here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady or is it Boobie? :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE,

Jane! Hooray! I remember Day 60 well, and I also remember starting out and seeing big medium-sized numbers - MyLuck, TJAF, Dottie - I was following their footsteps as best I could. Your contributions here to MWO are wonderful - happy to be on this journey with you. When we have a couple of years, a 44 day difference won't even register. Stay strong!

Congratulations, NewDream - sober every day of the week, and strong resolution to keep going. You can make that your last first week sober!

Byrdie - I have 38 longs - that cracked me up!

I am heading out of town - not sure my Internet access, but I will not drink, no way no how. I will be here wearing purple on Monday for Ava. For my party on Tuesday we're going out for ice cream - I'll bring a bag of carrots for NoSugar to make sure she is there, too.

Happy Weekend, Nesters. Be grateful for waking up on a Saturday or Sunday with no guilt, shame or remorse - treat yourselves well, and stay strong!
            xo
            Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
              Dream love the boobie bird....
              Sun is out and up to 42 already. We are off to get things for flea market set up tonight. Hope I can sleep tonight since we must get up at 6AM and I am so not used to that.
              Going to be a good AF weekend. Such a change from last year as I was nursing a hangover all weekend....glad those days are GONE!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I came across this link on another thread, thought I would share. It's really speaking to me right now.

Alcoholism & Other Addictions

I haven't been around much in the nest lately. I am on a computer all day at work and have been really tired at the end of the day. I love my job but it's taking it's toll on me. Also, winter is becoming a drain.

Thankfully the weather will get better. I am making conscious changes in my diet and lifestyle that will keep me on track to a healthier me. One day at a time, right?
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back again.

Hi all, I am Joe and I am back again trying. I had a few days last week, 4 days I think without it, but I started again and now have 1 day. I don't feel really bad, but I do have trouble getting started, Meaning I am slightly depressed, even though I am taking an Anti-depressant. I know I am not supposed to drink or very little while taking it, but I haven't tried just being without alcohol for some time.
                  I had quit for about 4 years a few years back, so I know I can do it. I guess I am just looking for some insight on how long it may take to feel better, etc. I know everyone is different but any advice will help .
                  And good luck to everyone!

Joe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Joe, welcome back!

Best advice I was given was get all the booze out of the house, stock up on your favourite comfort foods and drinks, avoid social situations where you will be tempted, and tell someone close to you that you trust.

One day at a time! You know how good it feels once you're over the hump. Grit your teeth and do what it takes. This is so worth it!
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesties!!

Can I get a :woot::woot: for Jane? SIXTY DAYS IS HUGE!!! I'm not sure what the official prize is, but I'm sure Boobie will be along soon to deliver it! Way to go Jane!!!

Welcome back Joe...this is THE place to be! Stick around, read, read, read and post, post, post! We look forward to getting to know you!

Happy Friday everyone...remember it's just another day, not a pass to drink! Hang in there!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I hope you're happy, look at all the FALL OUT from your comment! :H:H:H

TMI, Pav with 38 longs, me with 34 longs and a big butt!!

The prize for 60 days IS a set of boobs, so you were right on the money!!

Welcome aboard, trademan, we are glad you're joining us! Sorry about all the anatomy talk. To answer your question, it takes about 3 days to get your color back and feel better!! Then each day is better after that. Those first 3 are up and down with emotions and mind chatter and physical ailments. Stick close and do whatever it takes to get thru this day sober! You are doing great, keep reading and posting...come right here to the nest if you want support, there is 7 years of knowledge in this one thread alone!!! We are all pulling for you.

Ta Ta's for now.
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. It's 4.00 am on a Saturday morning here. Awake and alive with a clear head and ready to head out running soon. It's the start of day 13. I've managed nearly 2 weeks previously, but it was usually the 2nd Friday night that got me. Not this time. So a small landmark for me. I have a totally different Mind set this time. I really mean business.

In week 1: I started this journey, and went AF with an initial 3 month goal, but hoping for more.

Week. 2: started running daily with a goal to run a full length marathon in July, so 4 months to prepare.

Week3: I want to step it up again. I think I'll focus on diet. I'm getting a bit tired of the snacks at night. I would like to modify to something healthier. That's my project this week. Recipe time perhaps.

Jane, congratulations on 60!!! Very well done. Regarding getting up and motivated. I know we've spoken about about you getting back into exercise. If you're not up for running yet, find something you can do. Walking, stationary cycling? Whatever works. Developing a routine is the key I think. Exercise is the daily task that always gets dropped first, if something crops up during the day. If it's your very first task of the day, there is very little that's going to "happen" that will prevent it. You will eventually learn to love the routine and look forward to it. I find it sets you up physically and emotionally for a great day. The
                          magic of endorphins!

I read that thread re: hearing noises. I really don't have any answers. The theory with metal fillings, is that dissimilar metals like amalgam, gold, non-precious metal in crowns etc., have a potential difference. In other words, they create a battery in your mouth, like the metal plates in your car battery. How your body becomes an arial and radio signal receiver is beyond my knowledge. They don't teach this stuff at university. Replacing amalgams with white restorations (composite resin or ceramics) is very standard treatment these days.

Byrdlady, thanks for the encouragement! Day 13 is significant for me. I can't ever remember going 2 weekends in a row in a very long time. That zombie description is so apt! I remember picking up my wife from a horse racing function one evening. These events start at midday. Women in stilettos, men in suits, drinking champagne in the hot sun. You can imagine what condition they're in by 10 pm that night. When I went to collect my wife, everyone was so incredibly drunk, it really was like a zombie movie. People staggering, trying to put their arm around me. I couldn't wait to escape.

Hi Joe. Wow, if you've previously gone 4 years AF, you know you can do this. Wishing you well. This is a great environment to achieve an AF life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Petrel,
                            I went back and fetched up my Day 13 post for you (just for grins)

Originally Posted by Byrdlady
                            Day 13. Yesterday was EASY!!!! I'm so happy to report, that hubs was out of town and I had the perfect opportunity to have myself a high old time....but I didn't! The voices weren't as loud or as often, so day 13 was the day that I think I turned the corner. I feel good! I certainly haven't lost any weight...I am rewarding myself by saying, look, you can have anything in the world you want, except AL...now I need to reel myself in a bit and stop eating everything in sight. Finally finished off the last of the Christmas cookies I had in the freezer. For the first time in years, I feel like I'm getting control of my life, and it feels really good! ODAT! I could NOT have done it without this site. End Quote.

I had fallen several times on Day 12 before this....if I had only known how close I was to freedom! One more day and I'd have made it....oh well, it finally happened and I've never looked back. Sounds like you are on the same path!
                            You know the drill....AR, AR, AR Dentist joke. (sorry....) xo, B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats New Dreams! We're both at 7 days so I suppose we're now workout buddies. Therefore, do not fail me and I won't fail you. lol!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LuvinS,
                                Wow, 2 moons in one day, this is GREAT! Well done on racking up 7 days!

:moon:

No doubt, these are the worst days there are and they are behind you!! It's a proud day here in the Nest!!! Keep shining! B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X