Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's really nice to meet all of you! Thanks for the kind words. I really look forward to following your stories and wisdom and celebrating your milestones with you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Day 15 : Well sleeping rather too much, in fact wake up hung over due to dreams ...

Petrahead I'll tell you it see funny to see people drinking gals after glass and lose control and yes you do feel out of the place. But in my case I am beginning to feel proud and "enlighten". And sooo glad I am not drinking. I am impressed by your week by week targets although I have been around similar time AF around 15 days now but have been not been working out that much. I wish you all the success being sober forever !!

Byrdlady your emails as always are so inspiring that's ... We are have or relearn especially return how we see AL.

Congrats Jane it's awesome to see you achieve this mile stone and I wonder how great life will look from where you have reached. Wishing you Al the best to stay on this path.
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Byrdlady, thank you for your recollection of day 13. There are quite a few of us a few weeks into it, and your post is just the reinforcement we all need. Very much appreciated.

Ava, thanks.......I think. I plan to crash through day 14 tomorrow, so save your airfare and weapon of choice.

Rahul, thanks for your comments. I can relate to being proud of being sober. It really hit home the night my son was in the car accident, and I was sober and able to go and be there for him. Setting targets, especially the marathon I think is really helping distract me from the occasional thought of alcohol. Being focused on positive aspects of my life is working so well. I wish us both a long sober life. Do you mind me asking what part of the globe you live? You certainly seem to get a lot of travel in.

Jane, well done for staying strong. Sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. But I'm glad you managed a run/walk. Might be the start of something good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE,

Just saying a quick 'hi' and BIG congrats on those of you who have reached some very good milestones. I'm routing for you!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to everyone

It's great to see everyone here - I can read sometimes but mostly due to immense privacy concerns I can hardly ever get the chance to post. I am also very involved with my 91 year old mil who lives with us - happy birthday to her, 91 today.

Good to see the old faces and the usual encouragement - to the newbies on here who've joined since I last posted, you will find a wonderful place here with so many people much better at posting than I am, who have great advice.

I haven't posted for a few weeks, and noticed a little banner on the top of the page today commenting that I hadn't posted for a while, (hey, isn't technology clever!) so I thought it was time I tried. Sitting with my computer balanced awkwardly so DH can't see the screen (he's only inches away from me and while he doesn't deliberately try to be nosey, he is so close to me that I guess it's hard for him not to see what I'm writing.

Relieved to say that my cravings have gone, but I know I daren't let my guard down as AL is always just round the corner. My 100 days celebration somehow slipped past unnoticed (by me) and here I am on day 106. It feels good, and I can finally be around people drinking alcohol (and even buy my husband's alcohol - he can take it or leave it, lucky him) without the least inclination but I know I can't allow myself any sense of security so I have to be alert.

Take care all and have a nice weekend. Public Holiday here in Victoria but we're home all weekend. Happy hols to my fellow Victorians!
            ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sixty a huge congrats on trippple digits. Life is so much better isnt it without al and like you i can go out and just look at people drinking and not feel the incredible urge to have a drink. My son drinks at home and thats okay as they are all very very proud of my achievement.

Long weekend for us, woo hoo. I have not gone anywhere either as going to Thailand in a few weeks so a quiet one doing housework for me. Keep strong and glad you posted. Big hugs for your 106th also.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Av!

And you are pretty close behind me, too! May not get on here again to post my congrats on your 100 days, so can I say it now? CONGRATS!!

Yes, isn't it great to be able to go out and about and not be scared of slipping? The family has had three big birthdays and I've happily resisted. What a relief! DH still doesn't really understand what's going on - keeps generously offering me a drink, just doesn't realise! Your trip to Thailand sounds wonderful! Lucky you! I'm really envious!

And have a great long weekend.
                ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & Congrats to you sixtyfour! Nice work on 106 AF days!!!!
                  Please continue to check in when you can, it helps us all stay in line

I hope everyone has a good plan for the weekend. I know I'm going to be too busy watching snow melt today to get into any trouble :H
                  Have a great AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                    Off to get the flea market started. Too darn early to be awake on a Satruday morning but I am pleased and proud to be clear headed and ready to go....
                    Back later.
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

Going for another dinner tonite. Expect ppl to drink there for long time ... a family scene so cant say no. Will be boring to see people drinking. Not due to envy but coz of seeing then fixated to drink i will feel pity for sure.

Take care...
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!
                        I've been catching up a bit and feeling all mushy inside that there is so much love here. I've missed you more than I knew!
                        I had a rough stretch, over 90 days sober, then some set backs, them just decided to "drink once in awhile" LMAO!
                        What hurts the most is that I know what I am inside, we all do. But I thought I could handle it, or felt justified, or gave up, I'm not sure.
                        The heavy cloud of alcohol is ruthless and cunning.
                        I am back with 7 days now and locked in with my entire heart.

I also feel like a huge fattie. I am turning to comfort foods but that's par for the course at this stage in the game.

Today, I'm celebrating day 7 by spring cleaning and doing homework!

I am in my LAST session of my BSN program. Doing 2 classes at once, one of them is my Capstone Project which is kind of like a thesis of everything I have learned.

Looking onward and upward and thinking of all my friends here at MWO.
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So many people adding up days. MWO really works!
                          Jane. 60 days, that is huge. And with the struggle you have had with it. I know I struggled with not feeling so great up until about my 6th month. Then it was almost like breaking through a wall. I felt better. I still get really tired, but that's another story. I have heard it can take up to 2 years to heal the brain. Drinking does so much damage. Just don't give up.
                          The only way out is through. Thanks G-man.
                          Steady good to see you. We celebrated 300 days last month. Good going. I think of you and hope caring for your elders goes smooth.
                          Nursie abd New Dreams congrats on 7 days.
                          Pav have fun on your trip. I mentally take alone MWO when I go places. Remembering others and how they have succeeded gives me strength.
                          Thanks for that link 3 June.
                          Joe welcome. Wow 4 years and starting drinking again. Just stick with us and make this your last day 1.
                          Rahul, I have never heard of anyone regretting NOT drinking and your friend will remember your visit. You are a good influence. Like ripples in a pond, your quit will effect others in ways you will be surprised.
                          Good to see you 64. Congratulations on 106 days of taking your life back from that monster al.
                          Lead and SG have a stress free weekend. Drinking makes the stress and anxiety so much less.
                          Ava yes I will wear my new 70's party dress but it is green. Yes that 70's green. With little pink flowers. Silver accessories. Hope that suits.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3

Hi all, going on Day 3 here. This time I am going to keep posting. And start reading more posts than I did a few months ago when I tried. Thanks for the Ideas some of you gave. Every little bit helps. I Know today I don't have a hangover and am feeling a little better. I read that someone had a dream hangover from sleeping too long, I think I had that too and was way better than a real hangover.

Comment

Newbies Nest

64, GREAT going! Here is your ONE FINGERED SALUTE! The Bird!
                              :finger:

100 days+ is huge! Keep it going!!

Nursie, 7 days around here is moonumental.
                              :moon:

Great job on your streak! We are really proud of you! Stick around we will be happy to award many more moons to you! Well done!

Keep up the great job, everyone!
                              I have company for the next week, so may be a bit scarce, but I will check in. Hugs to all and much love, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie!
                                I missed you too Jane! Glad to be back.
                                Did some spring cleaning, went for a run and now I'm busying myself in the kitchen.
                                It's a gorgeous day out!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X