Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

day 18 ending

Went to an exhibition a bit far away from work so post afternoon didn't feel like going back to work. Wine to to restaurant , had lunch and saw the movie Captain Philips on my laptop. Then moved to a cafe to enjoy a cup of coffee. Good to see so many people having long chat over coffee.

I don't recall when was the last time I did the same ... Chat over coffee .. By chats have been over booze but that's ... And now I know I was. It about chatting with friend but just drinking. Enjoyed iced Americano before leaving for home.

TJAF : Thanks for looking out for me. Yes I know I am still early on in path toward sobriety and will stick to your and Jane's advice. Wishing you all the best for the blood work !

Good night folk ! Or have a nice day ...
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE

PAV PAV PAV 100 days, wow i am stalking you today arent i? Why is that, that is due to me being so proud of you that is why and i want the speech which will be a very eloquent Pav one, not like my "all over the place" 1000 words trying to make sense but hey we may be as different as chalk and cheese but we have the determination where it is needed. Enjoy your day xxx

Awww Jane thanks again for your post, its taken me years to get my head around my life and its in the past and i dont mind talking about it, it happened, its a part of who i am but i wont let it shape my future anymore. Ive slowly been letting go of the crap for years and giving up al, well the crap seems to be just that crap. If i didnt go through what i did, i would be a completely different person i suppose and i like the person i am so in a way i have to be grateful. what i am grateful for is that my children were bought up completely different to myself and for that i am happy.

TJ i had bloods done after 4 weeks of being af and i was so nervous. god i had liver failure, kidney failure, you think it that was going to be my results. Like you i told my dr i drank 6 glasses a week of wine, more like 6 bottles plus but i didnt tell him that, god he may have wanted me to stop drinking. I had a perfect liver and everything was fine though low Vit D and a bit of high cholesterol. Phew a happy me and now i am a bit excited when the doc wants to send me for blood tests. Lol. I love being sober.

Well quick check in as off to work. Everyone is sounding postive. Keep going Rahul nearly to the 20 mark.

Be good everyone. xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Wow, very busy on here at the moment. That's a good thing. I see lots of positive attitude.

Just thought I'd make a quick check in. Start of day 17 for me. All is well. No cravings, thoughts of drinking etc. My legs are a little too sore to run at present, and I've learnt from experience it's best to just rest up and wait until they have recovered. My long Sunday run took more out of me than I thought.

Jane, thanks for your thoughts. Yes, my 3 month plan was partly based around having a huge one for my birthday, including getting drunk. I'm happy to say that's all changed in my mind now. Thanks for your thoughts on healthy diet too. I'm better this week in that I'm relying less on snacks at night. It was time for me to step up the will power a bit, especially when it came to sugar consumption.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy "Another New Day" Everybody! It's really encouraging to see those with such success, Pav and Ava... (did I miss one)? Congratulations. I can't yet wrap my mind around how hard that must have been - I have such a hard time making it past the 4:00 hour without those strong cravings.

Anyway, I appreciate being able to read your posts and feel the vicarious support. Glad I'm not alone, and keep up the great work.

On to formulate my moderation plan....
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane you just made my day. Puppies for me!
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
              Joined a gym today...going to drag dh too. Going to have a personal trainer to work with for motivation. My first AL free summer so I want to be a skinny sober goddess....
              I like the gym more than dh does so I will probably hit some of the classes too. But it will all be good for me and dh too....in spite of his complaining..;-))
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Moly, Nesters....miss a couple days around here and look what happens!

SpiritGirl gets a MOON!! 7 days (plus one, I'm so sorry I missed this last night when I rushed to check in and look for that). Well done on those 7 days...without a doubt, they are the hardest....from here on out, it's just rinse and repeat! If you got thru the last 24 hours, you can get thru the next (that's what I kept telling myself, and so far it has worked). We are SO proud of you!!

:moon:

Pavati and Poppy, what can be said that hasn't already???
                :finger: :finger:

May this One Fingered Salute stay with your forever! Giving AL The Bird was the best decision of my life, I hope you are finding the same!!! 100 days in our world is HUGE! I just couldn't be more proud of this nest, just look at the success!!! And it's thanks to you all, everyone who has even 1 day sober can help someone else who is trying to get started! We are so happy that you stay in the nest and post! You 3 who just fell into the 100 Day Club are just awesome people!! You have stuck to the task, I don't know if it was the camaraderie or the competition or what, but it is working! Keep up the great work.

Kensho, welcome to the nest! We are glad you're here!

Sarah, all I can say is that we all understand what you are saying....hell, most of us said it ourselves, I know I did. Your post speaks to the incredible power of addiction.

Off to dig out of the email pile! Good to be home! Hugs to all, and congrats on our award winners!!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone in the Nest! Wow! So many newbies again. I was one too. Nearly 150 days into sobriety again. If your new to MWO stick with the people who have a lot of sobriety under there wing. I am crossing a bridge into a new life thanks to this site and people here. We at times make mistakes but our goal is to keep the demon of AL away from us for good. We learn from each others mistakes and grow together. If your new stick around. And I have to remind myself that a gift that was given to me here needs to be passed to others.
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1636904 wrote: Hi all,
                    Joined a gym today...going to drag dh too. Going to have a personal trainer to work with for motivation. My first AL free summer so I want to be a skinny sober goddess....
                    I like the gym more than dh does so I will probably hit some of the classes too. But it will all be good for me and dh too....in spite of his complaining..;-))
                    Great job Dottie!!
                    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

A busy nest is a good nest

CONGRATS to our 100 AF day recipients of Byrdie's special award
                      Remember this feeling for a long time & continue to do whatever you have to do to protect your quits!

I had an unexpected busy day with kids & grandkids - fun & no work either! I love my AF life & won't give it up for anything
                      Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see you finallydone.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woops fell off the wagon , no broken bones , just a sore head ,
                          I think I need to make more time to be on here and keep this as a priority ,
                          Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                          Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

bnd yes in the first days I was glued to this site....reading, posting and reading some more. It was my life line. It can be yours too.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

bran new day;1636972 wrote: Woops fell off the wagon , no broken bones , just a sore head ,
                              I think I need to make more time to be on here and keep this as a priority ,
                              Sorry to hear that Bran. Start again and stick around.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1636824 wrote: Good for you Petrel! In selfish dental news, my gold cavity broke away while I was in Florida, and this morning the crown came off with only the suction of cake that I made late night. Happily it didn't crack and I am scheduled to go to Dr. Teeth tomorrow. Why I'm compelled to share that with you, I don't know. Perhaps it makes the events seem less traumatic? lol
                                All good Jane!!

Comment

Working...
                                X