Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for the 100 day love. I feel it all the time, and know that if I need to I can come here to get support, vent, laugh - whatever I need.

BND - What happened? Can you dust yourself off, come back with a new plan (one that has you avoiding whatever happened). I'm glad you came right back here and posted.

Keep it up Rahul!

I had a very long day at work and some unpleasant moments with husband, son and a big pile of undone homework - I am wiped out.

Good night, everyone!
    xo
    Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and Dottie - skinny, sober goddess it is. First I have to finish the pint of ice cream I bought to celebrate 100 days (don't worry, I won't do it all in one sitting). I joined a yoga studio and have really enjoyed making my arms so sore I can hardly lift them (in addition to finding the peace and relaxation that yoga brings to me).

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1636562 wrote: MAE all

Sarah it is only up to the individual person to give up al and beat the addiction. Everyone on here has a problem, has had a problem with childhood issues and family issues and there comes a time to move on and accept people for what they are, you dont have to like them by any means. If you dont you cant move on. I forgive my ex for screwing around on me, i forgive my father for not talking to me for 20 years when my uncle raped me as he said it was my fault. I forgive but i will never forget and these people are not worthy of dragging me down into the hell i was living. I drank AT everybody, damn them all to hell, i will show you but then i realised i did not want to die of alcoholism like my brother. I wanted to live and make it the best farking life i could and so i stopped drinking, plain and simple. I dont have a place in society, i dont want to be like the people in my street, i am me and i am so starting to like me and have respect for me and my children love me. i want to be around when they have their own babies, i want to enjoy my life to the max and that means not drinking and that is so okay. If you want to drink do, if you dont want to stop dont but believe me these wonderful people on here have been to hell and back to get to where they are today, some have lost children and ffs if they have the determination after losing something so precious in this life then i can give it my best shot. I wish you luck in your journey Sarah.

xx
        Hi, Ava:

This could be for any of us, and this kind of post is why we love you so much around here. You are so real and have such great advice. xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK, And I'll add this--

I just read back, and the last several pages are what I love about MWO. There are no excuses and no gimmes here. No bullsh*t allowed. You will have plenty of love and strong arms reaching out to support you, but no one will enable you or help you make excuses to keep drinking. While the advice is real and can be jarring if you are looking for blind support, if you read and try to understand the wisdom of those posting here, you will find the support you need.

OK, now I am really going to sleep.

xo
          Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

TY Ava, Jane, Crock and others who inspired me today.

I had a long post, and lost it. (ugh)...anyway one of my rants was " this is the Newbie forum", not the AF forum. When someone tells me to 'go elsewhere' then it's not comfortable. I came here via a Google search, and no matter 'where I am" in my journey...I am a "Newbie". If ya'll want an AF thread then start one. Just my 2 cents.

I visited the mod forum and I'm not sure that;s for me, so I stick here cause that's where I'm comfy. This is where I made friends.

Sorry if I'm not 'politcally correct' for some of you, but I don't plan to change my plan in that it might not be 'exactly fitting' to you guys/girls.

If you guys want to turn me away than so beit. I fully imagine that I will shunned by many here, but I hope not.

Big thank you to those who understand my early stages of this disease and who aren't judgmental by the choices that I make.

Irregardless of my previous posts, today has been a good day. Less AL than yesterday and clean toilets! I guess happiness comes from small baby steps, and not necessarily from conquering the 'mountain'.

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW- Ava--Thank you! Your post was exactly what I needed tonight, TY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Its all good Sarah...No worries

Its been a very long learning curve for me...feel free to post and express yourself at will. Everyone here is kind and very cool and non judgmental . The important thing is you are interested in quitting and you are growing. Peace to you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in, still doing great. Work and school keeping me very busy. Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone!
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in too.

Moving in a forwardly direction here. Take care y'all.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 17 is drawing to a close. Still going well in week 3. Trying to curb the sweet treats. Still having some, but less. Trying to have more herbal tea. Might be time to check out the sugar free threads.

Stay strong everyone. Well, my bed time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's early morning and I am still tired. Wish I could just stay home but I can't.
                        Petrel I ate a lot of sugar my first 3 months, but I have naturally tapered off. It's lent so no sugar right now for me. You are doing so well.
                        Glad you are sticking to a plan Sarah.
                        have a good day all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning and wish a good day to everyone! I have had a great couple of days - taking this one day at a time. Told my friend who invited me to happy hour next week (just with her) that I am not drinking but will gladly meet her for a 'mocktail' (we rarely see each other so I really don't want to decline). At the moment the thought does not sound risky - thinking about it does not make me want a drink - so I am confident it will be okay as long as I go into it ready with a plan and stay with what I have been doing so far - lots of reading and keeping not drinking as my #1 priority. Everyone here is so supportive - this is such a great place. So much experience, wisdom, and clear and direct feedback - thank you so much!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day!

Sarah, you are feeling offended & I think you misunderstood what I was trying to tell you.
                            Trying to string together 30 AF days is tough work but it is (or should be everyone's initial goal). Once you have achieved those 30 days you have completely detoxed. With a clear head & heart you can then make a decision to remain abstinent or moderate. I suggested the mod threads to you because you clearly stated you are not ready to quit drinking. You will likely find support of others there feeling the same way.
                            The majority of the newbies need the support here to help them get those first few precious AF days under their belts & that's what we have provided on the thread for the past five years.

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Evening here ... just saw my blood report. Its amazing to see how much body can recover with few meds and WITHOUT ALCOHOL ! But at the same time AL brain still say : "Now you can have a drink !"

Felt week so decided to come and post ...will eat something to get my head back ...can good blood report be a trigger ?!!!
                              Rahul
                              --------------------------------------------
                              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                              Rebooting ... done ...
                              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1637007 wrote: OK, And I'll add this--

I just read back, and the last several pages are what I love about MWO. There are no excuses and no gimmes here. No bullsh*t allowed. You will have plenty of love and strong arms reaching out to support you, but no one will enable you or help you make excuses to keep drinking. While the advice is real and can be jarring if you are looking for blind support, if you read and try to understand the wisdom of those posting here, you will find the support you need.

OK, now I am really going to sleep.

xo
                                Pav
                                Pav, you sifted it out right here.
                                This really was a different place 4 years ago when I flew in....we walked around a bit on eggshells, after all, the site IS based on moderation WITH THOSE MEDS. Over time (a lot of time between us) some of the oldies realized that the best service WE could provide was to help each other get from point A to point B without killing ourselves in the process. Taking the shortest and least painful path is the goal right? The other goal for most of us would be that WE control AL, not the other way around. If you want a group that is going to teach you how to drink better or live WITH AL, this ain't it....ALL of us have tried to live with AL....to make it fit in our lives. We want to be able to drink when and where we see fit, dammit. We want to have the occasional glass at a special event, or hell, even one blowout once in a while. But that is not real life anymore. Real life is that one drink leads to the next....we aren't happy with one drink, or one bottle or one night, we already want the NEXT one. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. This is addiction. I wanted to end that sentence with 'plain and simple' but it is neither plain nor simple. Once those pathways in the brain get their 'fix' it is wired for life. Those pathways may as well be The Grand Canyon' in our brains. Folks argue it all the time on here, but I'd bet my lunch money that once a pickle, never a cucumber. You cannot go back and not be an alcoholic. SURE, many have tried....correction, just about ALL of us....nope, double correction, ALL OF US have tried. The best way to tame this beast we have is to starve it to death. This is the only way to achieve peace. As long as I'm sober, I know this to be truth. Live and learn.

Sometimes when I have a little extra time, I like to read all across these boards and get a feel for where everyone is, no matter what their journey. I am absolutely in AWE of the power of this addiction.

Great to be home....now to catch up from 2 days out of the office. I hope everyone has an easy day! XXOO, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X