Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, happy Sunday

Just dropping by to wish everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
    Make the most of your day

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 22: I am seking my sobriety as a small plant which need lot of nourishing, watering, nutriants and protection. With all that this plant will blossom into a nice big plant then into a tree. It will then give flowers and fruits ....

ON THAT thought folks ... Protect and hold on to your sobriety it ...

Have a nice day ahead. !!
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day one over , but as usual night one cannot sleep even with some valium . No anxiety though which is a nice change to the usual detoxing
        Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
        Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1638449 wrote: Day 22: I am seking my sobriety as a small plant which need lot of nourishing, watering, nutriants and protection. With all that this plant will blossom into a nice big plant then into a tree. It will then give flowers and fruits ....

ON THAT thought folks ... Protect and hold on to your sobriety it ...

Have a nice day ahead. !!
          Nice metaphor

Comment

Newbies Nest

11 Days

Hi all, Still going on, now at 11 days al free. Looking to Wednesday to make it 2 weeks. I am feeling way better and don't miss al at all, and certainly do not miss hangovers.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Summering, great job on your 7 days!! Nesters, please join me in dropping our collective pants in salute!!!
              :moon:

This is for conquering every single day a week can throw at you! Keep shining my dear! The worst is behind you!!! We are so proud of you!!

Ava, statistically, this is prolly the best time to fly! Seems like every time I plan a trip something happens, and Im not planning any trips, so Im sure you are fine! Sounds like you have your plan nailed down, if you have your Zero Tolerance Policy in place, you will succeed! Just one day at a time, and you know you can do that.

Trademan, 11 days is awesome! Hang in there to Day 13 no matter what....it gets exponentially easier after that!!!
              Sarah, we are right beside you today! We believe in you!
              Have a great day today everyone! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everybody in the nest Byrdie or Lav,i was looking for a post Kuya had written awhile ago about loving your body as if it were a small child,it was a beautiful post but i cannot find it,do either of you remember it?if so can you help find it and post it,,pleeaase,i really want to read it again,thanks
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all:

I started to post last night and then my family came in so I abandoned it.

Congratulations on your week, Summering! Thanks for checking in Trademan - the first two weeks are hard - make sure you come here and post BEFORE you drink if you get tempted. We're rooting for you! Sarah - today is Sunday. How's it going? Come post here if you need support to get through a craving...

Ava - Sounds lovely. I am actually planning a trip to Southeast Asia with my family for December. I've been wanting to go for a long time and I can't wait. I know you will be strong, and Jane has some great ideas - especially coming up with plans for different triggers that might occur. I remember when I first met you you were angry at your boss and we concluded you didn't want to give him the power of having made you drink - you can think the same thing about your mom. I have a (some call naive) belief in the innate goodness of people, and that people who act like that have a background or story behind it all - their own fear, insecurity, lack of control. I know you can do it!

Rahul, New Dreams, Frances, LC - Keep on keeping on. I know I have missed some mentions, but it is time for me to get on with my day. Stay strong nesters!

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

xPost Pauly. I remember that post well - I was lurking when she wrote it and I think and talk about it a lot. Part of learning to like myself has been learning to talk to myself in a nicer way - a way in which I might talk to one of my sons who makes a mistake. Thanks for the reminder and I hope someone can find it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

At church this morning they played this song and I liked this piece of the lyrics..kind of spoke to me:
                      "I am not who I was
                      I am being remade
                      I am new"
                      From a song by Jason Gray "I am new"
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1638538 wrote: At church this morning they played this song and I liked this piece of the lyrics..kind of spoke to me:
                        "I am not who I was
                        I am being remade
                        I am new"
                        From a song by Jason Gray "I am new"
                        One of my favorite songs ... love Jason Gray .:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul - lovely way of looking at it!

Bran, Day 1 is a big mountain to climb - well done!

Trade, double digits are great!

Summering, :yay: for 7 days - the next weekend AF won't be so scary as the first, that's a promise!

Sarah, how did today go?

Early night for me - enjoy the rest of your AF Sunday, and talk tomorrow!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane you did not get into my personal space, i dont think i have much of that lol. I am glad you did as it made me write it down so that i do know that i have a plan. its in my mind but writing it down on paper is also very very important so thank you for that.

Pav yes mum has a lot of anger and bitterness and i have tried to talk to her about her childhool. she had an alcoholic father and her mum left him when she was young (not heard of in those days) and she put him on a pedestal. Its my fathers side of the family with alcoholics not hers which amuses me now i think of it. i accept she has had a hard life, well it was back in the 30's but why not try and enjoy this one.

quick post need to get ready for work. Another Monday in Aus land. Will post and read later.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pauly, I found it!
                              This is from Kuya posted 1/12/13

The most abusive relationship is the one we have with ourselves.

I am my own child. I was born perfect and beautiful ( I KNOW that, I have seen the photos )
                              This is how I have been treating my child.

I have starved her for years with eating disorders.
                              Told her she was fat and ugly time and time again.
                              Made her work far too hard and gave her hardly any breaks.
                              No matter how well she did or hard she worked I was never satisfied with her
                              I never treated her to enough new clothes or did nice things for her to make her feel good.
                              I fed her drugs every day to shut her up so I didn't have to listen to her.
                              When she was obviously getting ill I ignored her and didn't get her help.

If this was a child you were given to raise you would be jailed for neglect.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd:

How?.....Sooooooo...Totally accurate!!!!!!!

Now this belongs in the toolbox! I GET IT...KNOW!

Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                                X