Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrd:

How?.....Sooooooo...Totally accurate!!!!!!!

Now this belongs in the toolbox! I GET IT...KNOW!

Bravo!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lead, good idea, I will put that in the Tool Box! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1638572 wrote: Pauly, I found it!
        This is from Kuya posted 1/12/13

The most abusive relationship is the one we have with ourselves.

I am my own child. I was born perfect and beautiful ( I KNOW that, I have seen the photos )
        This is how I have been treating my child.

I have starved her for years with eating disorders.
        Told her she was fat and ugly time and time again.
        Made her work far too hard and gave her hardly any breaks.
        No matter how well she did or hard she worked I was never satisfied with her
        I never treated her to enough new clothes or did nice things for her to make her feel good.
        I fed her drugs every day to shut her up so I didn't have to listen to her.
        When she was obviously getting ill I ignored her and didn't get her help.

If this was a child you were given to raise you would be jailed for neglect.
        Thanks for finding this Byrdie, and thanks to Pauly for suggesting it. What a powerful perspective. Kuya has a way with words.

Comment

Newbies Nest

trademan;1638477 wrote: Hi all, Still going on, now at 11 days al free. Looking to Wednesday to make it 2 weeks. I am feeling way better and don't miss al at all, and certainly do not miss hangovers.
          Great job! We'll be here on Wednesday to celebrate. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

bran new day;1638471 wrote: Day one over , but as usual night one cannot sleep even with some valium . No anxiety though which is a nice change to the usual detoxing
            Give it a few days, the sleep will come.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1638449 wrote: Day 22: I am seking my sobriety as a small plant which need lot of nourishing, watering, nutriants and protection. With all that this plant will blossom into a nice big plant then into a tree. It will then give flowers and fruits ....

ON THAT thought folks ... Protect and hold on to your sobriety it ...

Have a nice day ahead. !!
              Beautifully stated. You are on your way to a month! Congrats!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bump - for David !!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Here I am again after a few Days AF, have taken the Day off work after getting totally Shit Faced last night by myself and headed straight to the bottle shop and am now drinking Guinness at 9am.

I'm just about at the end of my tether, AL is ruining any chance of me achieving what I want and leading a happy, meaningful life.

I'm not in crisis, this has been an ongoing problem for years so I accept what is happening.

I really need to overcome this problem, I have done lots of counselling and so understand my problem, I can get clean with a week of tapered Valium.

But I haven't stayed sober more than 10 days in the last ten years.

I run my own business, have good friends and go to yoga or the gym almost every night, I eat only healthy food and look after myself ... AL seems totally out of place for my life style.

I am single and bored and it seems that I use AL to kill time when I am bored shitless...

Rant finished now....

May the road rise up to meet you,
                  May the wind be always at your back,
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  May the rain fall soft upon your field,
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

St Patrick's Words.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I need help, I've tried so many times by myself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Checking in at end of day 2 but not very secure with tomorrow being a big temptation so early on. Massive day in our town and almost everyone I meet will be heading out. Just putting it out there......
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

If there is anyone I could check in with on a nightly basis, would be great...

I am in Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Woke early morning at 6 to go for jog !!

Starting day 23 with workout ...
                          Stay sober guys ...
                          Rahul
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                          Rebooting ... done ...
                          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Woke early morning at 6 to go for jog !!

Starting day 23 with workout ...
                            Stay sober guys ...
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

David303;1638642 wrote: Morning all,

Here I am again after a few Days AF, have taken the Day off work after getting totally Shit Faced last night by myself and headed straight to the bottle shop and am now drinking Guinness at 9am.

I'm just about at the end of my tether, AL is ruining any chance of me achieving what I want and leading a happy, meaningful life.

I'm not in crisis, this has been an ongoing problem for years so I accept what is happening.

I really need to overcome this problem, I have done lots of counselling and so understand my problem, I can get clean with a week of tapered Valium.

But I haven't stayed sober more than 10 days in the last ten years.

I run my own business, have good friends and go to yoga or the gym almost every night, I eat only healthy food and look after myself ... AL seems totally out of place for my life style.

I am single and bored and it seems that I use AL to kill time when I am bored shitless...

Rant finished now....

May the road rise up to meet you,
                              May the wind be always at your back,
                              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                              May the rain fall soft upon your field,
                              And until we meet again,
                              May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

St Patrick's Words.
                              Hey David. Happy St. Pats day mate.

I hear you. I can relate a little of my current and recent experience, which may or may not help.

I am still fighting the demon AL myself. After many stops and starts, i am still in the race, and starting again. I am on day 9. Many times this year and last, i have began drinking again about now. But i don't want to, and i hear you saying you don't want to either. So what do i do to break my little cycle and get some long lasting sober time up?
                              What do i say to myself to break the cycle and not drink today. I thought of drinking today, who would know? I have NO responsibilities until work in 2 weeks time. I could trash myself today and the rest of the week and no-one would be the wiser, and no damage done to anyone.....EXCEPT! The damage would be done to ME. I would know i'd been drinking, and along with this comes for me, shame, regret, self loathing, poor self respect, anxiety, ultra depression.

Today i asked myself what i wanted. I fast forwarded to what the rest of the day/week would be like if i acted on the impulse to drink. I know exactly what my day/week would look like. It sure as hell would be really boring to say the least. What do i want? Well, i want a relationship, a family, and i want to make my music and share it with the world. I have proven to myself that i cannot do any of these things when drinking. I would rather think about it, dream about it, and keep drinking. There is never any follow up action.

Today though, right now, i'm going out for a run, a swim, then i will compose and record a song, and share it with the world on a music website. This is what i want, and only i can make it happen. I have to decide, and then follow through. Drinking stops me doing what i love. Drinking stops me making history.

Great to see you here David. Keep posting and reading friend.

Best wishes, and stay safe today. G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey David!
                                We are glad you are here. If you are ready to get AL out of your life once and for all you have landed in the right place.
                                If you are actively drinking now, do yourself a favor and stop....pour out what is left. Start drinking water and eat something. Can you do that?

Daisy, if you need to sit out the celebrations tomoroow to preotect your quit, then do it. If you were on a strict diet and got invited to an all you can eat buffet, but you knrw you couldnt eat, would you go? Probably not, why put yourself thru that torture? Can you put some plans in place to protect your quit and safeguard your precious investment? Its just one day, it will be back around next year. You know what I always say, dont lose your quit no matter what and no matter who. It is NOT worth it. Do you have a plan?

Stay strong nesters! This is doable, but you cant keep repeating the same old things. Nothing changes if nothing changes. All the best, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X