X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dots, 200 days is some kind of record!!

:record:

This is a real milestone! We are all so proud of you! It has been amazing to see you transform from the caterpillar to the buddafly!!! Dining/dancing/yoga/ volunteering/and general good egg. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! xo, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS DOTTIE!!! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND! It has been a pleasure getting to know you and see you grow and beat this beast. I am so, so proud of you! :h

Jane - I'm sorry, I thought Kuma had passed on, but reading back I see it was Sam. I am so very sorry to have mixed that up! How did your night go? When I put my Sandy to sleep, I held her and sang "You Are My Sunshine" to her. The last thing she remembers is me kissing her cheek. She's been gone since July and I still find myself talking to her :upset: I hope you are doing ok :l

Summering - What's going on, are you struggling? We are here and can help. Just hang in there and take it one minute at a time. We've all been there. It does get easier!!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho

Your post isn't repetitive its uplifting. If you listen to the folks who have achieved the most success in staying sober a big part of that success is because they developed and stuck to a plan. Sounds simple but it really is the most difficult thing we do when we first start out. Lets face it when I first started out all I could think about was the negatives associated with the "quit". I was sick, tired, anxious and hurting and the last thing my body wanted was to keep doing the same things everyday that made me feel that way. Plus my alkie brain kept yelling "see I told you so"! So good for you in making and sticking to a plan.

At the end of the day its worth it. 8 months ago my liver function tests were horrible. I was also in the beginning stages of pancreatitis and I had gastritis in the worst way. I got my blood tests back today and my liver function was normal and I had no problems with my kidneys or pancreas. My stomach lining is still rebounding but getting better. Reality check folks...drinking alcohol at the levels we drink damages your organs, not drinking gives those buggers a fighting chance.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

So glad you had good test results TJAF. I think being healthy allows us to get the most out of life. It's top priority for me! I want to feel pain, taste deliciousness, glow with pleasure. It's amazing to me that I have chosen to numb all of this in the past. We come here with all the tools we need to deal with life, so let's get on with livin' it!

Here's to lovin' that liver! :thumbs:
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, just checking in. It's been so hard to log on of late. My browser keeps timing out while waiting to log onto any thread at this site.

Jane, so sorry for your loss. I'm sure there are lots of good memories that you'll have forever.

It's so good to see so many staying strong. Very inspirational:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester,

On board my flight to paris. Sober ... plan to ctachup with sleep ... feel great to be sober.

Dottie ... wow congrats ....
              Rahul
              --------------------------------------------
              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
              Rebooting ... done ...
              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

TJAF;1639502 wrote: Kensho

Your post isn't repetitive its uplifting. If you listen to the folks who have achieved the most success in staying sober a big part of that success is because they developed and stuck to a plan. Sounds simple but it really is the most difficult thing we do when we first start out. Lets face it when I first started out all I could think about was the negatives associated with the "quit". I was sick, tired, anxious and hurting and the last thing my body wanted was to keep doing the same things everyday that made me feel that way. Plus my alkie brain kept yelling "see I told you so"! So good for you in making and sticking to a plan.

At the end of the day its worth it. 8 months ago my liver function tests were horrible. I was also in the beginning stages of pancreatitis and I had gastritis in the worst way. I got my blood tests back today and my liver function was normal and I had no problems with my kidneys or pancreas. My stomach lining is still rebounding but getting better. Reality check folks...drinking alcohol at the levels we drink damages your organs, not drinking gives those buggers a fighting chance.
                TJ, my liver and blood readings were going wrong, too, but I still kept my head in the sand. The power of this addiction is absolutely amazing! I am so happy that you are 8 months free!!! Would you have ever thought in a million years you'd be on a forum preaching the benefits of being AF??? Life is funny like that. So proud of you! XO, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Had a great day, completely unplanned
                  I was taken out for a nice lunch by my son & grandsons!!!
                  Grateful to be clear headed & ready to go on a minute's notice!!!!

Pouring buckets tonight & I think it will wash away the last of the snow - YAY!
                  I want the first day of Spring tomorrow to be completely snow free :H

Kensho, your plan looks great & I especially liked the 'don't feel sorry for myself' part. That was a big thing for me too. When you drink AT someone it's because you're feeling hurt & sorry for yourself. I am so glad to be out of that hell & you will be as well!

Dottie - WTG on 200 days!!!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

My daughter just cracked me up. She came up with the perfect name for my book (the one I haven't written...LOL). It will be "Diablo Took My Shoes: A Memoir" :H
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Summering - What's going on, are you struggling? We are here and can help. Just hang in there and take it one minute at a time. We've all been there. It does get easier!!
                      Thanks K9 . I'm not really struggling any more than anyone else .. I've been able to work through the cravings and make sure I have a plan for my weekends ...it's the dreams ..they are so vivid and not nice . I had a really bad one last night that had my daughter in it and I guess it really shook me up . Feeling better tonight ...gonna have some tea , read a little and just relax .
                      I love the name of your unwritten book ... will definitley catch my attention when I see it on the best sellers list !!

Everyone is doing so well . Congrats to Dottie !!!

Kensho I love your plans .

Comment

Newbies Nest

F.O. Voice.

It's amazing how much I still want this stuff around 5:00 every day. The desire wanes as the evening goes on, but what a strong pull. Influential little shit, that AL voice. It comes from nowhere and says "Wow, wouldn't I taste good? You could handle just a little. I would make your life easier. More fun, more relaxed. You'll feel like you're floating." Seriously - smooth as the devil himself. That voice SHOULD say, "Hi. Can I burn your insides? I'll make you feel like crap tomorrow. You won't sleep well. I'll give you wrinkles, make you retain water and consume all of your afternoon and evening thoughts. I'll make you mean, regretful, and I'll ruin your relationships and take your money." As someone recently put it so gracefully, "F.O. Voice".

Still here holding strong.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1639660 wrote: My daughter just cracked me up. She came up with the perfect name for my book (the one I haven't written...LOL). It will be "Diablo Took My Shoes: A Memoir" :H
                          Hilarious. I love a funny, sassy teenager (and I mean sassy in the most positive way - remember, I work with teenagers for a living).

Comment

Newbies Nest

summering;1639676 wrote: Summering - What's going on, are you struggling? We are here and can help. Just hang in there and take it one minute at a time. We've all been there. It does get easier!!
                            Thanks K9 . I'm not really struggling any more than anyone else .. I've been able to work through the cravings and make sure I have a plan for my weekends ...it's the dreams ..they are so vivid and not nice . I had a really bad one last night that had my daughter in it and I guess it really shook me up . Feeling better tonight ...gonna have some tea , read a little and just relax .
                            I love the name of your unwritten book ... will definitley catch my attention when I see it on the best sellers list !!

Everyone is doing so well . Congrats to Dottie !!!

Kensho I love your plans .
                            Hey---yaaaaaa those dreams....I had many a vivd ones---but they get back to sweet normal ones after 2-3 weeks. Hang in there...it deff gets better. You are getting close to more sweet peace

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Lovely day in my part of the Nest - I've just had my coffee outside, listening to the birds and being incredibly lazy! Tomorrow is a public holiday - starting the party early, as ex-drunks do :blush:!

Well done on 200 days, Bellest Dotty! Plenty of dotty mugs to help us celebrate!

I don't want to jinx myself, but I haven't had any drinking dreams... YET! Long may they stay away. Lead, Summering, I hope yours disappear soon.

Kensho, the witching hour pull does lessen after a while; I still have something to drink at that time - coffee, water, juice, whatever I feel like - and I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything. Just have a replacement ready - are the kids still making you a surprise something to drink?

Niner, you and WHN could co-write Diablo - and I'm being dead serious here - her take on your and her life with and without booze.

Lav, so glad that somebody's looking after you for a change: you always seem to be the giver - I hope it happens more often.

Rahul - enjoy Paris for me - my favouritest place apart from where I live.

I've not mentioned everybody - and I admire Ava so much for always doing so - but thinking of you, and cheering you on!

Have a lovely AF Thursday!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't be fooled by the "French Paradox"

Rahul, don't be fooled by the "French Paradox".
                                When you see all those beautiful people casually sipping a glass of wine in the cafes, think of this article ...
                                < Alcohol report lays bare France's drink problem - The Local >

The french drink too much...
                                around 36,500 French men die each year from alcohol-related illnesses, around 13 percent of the overall male mortality rate.
                                Go as far as you can see.
                                When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Working...
                                X