Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

jane27;1639871 wrote: K9, how bout 50 Shades of Diablo as a stand alone title?
    :H OMG - Too funny! :H

Kensho - The anxiety is normal and will go away, I promise. That's just AL trying to convince you that you need him to "cure" you...when in reality, he's what caused it in the first place! Hang in there. :h Do you have any Valerian Root or Kava Kava? Both of these help me when I feel a bit anxios.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I haven't posted for a some time I've been busy with work not many days off.
      Jane you sound so much more positive than the last time that I was on here good for you! We are getting closer to that 90 day mark!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1639882 wrote: :H OMG - Too funny! :H

Kensho - The anxiety is normal and will go away, I promise. That's just AL trying to convince you that you need him to "cure" you...when in reality, he's what caused it in the first place! Hang in there. :h Do you have any Valerian Root or Kava Kava? Both of these help me when I feel a bit anxios.
        Kensho Valerian root worked for me. Just a warning though it smells awful Don't let that stop you from trying it though.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, will try. Not afraid of something smelly if it helps!! Thank you!
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It smells like dirty socks! But it comes in capsules so just swallow it down real quick!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho, for some reason, I did better on the odd (1,3,5 and 7) days than the even ones....but here is the good news...you won't have 2 bad days in a row. Like Dots said, all the AL is out of your system now, and booze brain is working on you...it wants a fix, BAD! Don't listen to it! EAT! Stay strong and shake off this beast once and for all, hang in there, you will be so glad you did!! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,Kensho,day 4 is always the worst for me for anxiety,i always say it's not day 1 im afraid of it's the dreaded day 4! in the past i would always just give in and drink sure i was dying,but if you ride it out.day 5 is a breeze,hang in there
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to hear it Pauly, because if it stays this hard I'd probably just rather be a drinker.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

KENSHO;1640000 wrote: Glad to hear it Pauly, because if it stays this hard I'd probably just rather be a drinker.
                    Have you really never felt worse than you do right now after drinking? I'm not trying to dismiss how you are feeling but if you are like most people here, you have endured much, much worse, over and over. Nothing that is happening to you right now will actually harm you. It will pass and over time, won't even happen anymore. You can do this, Kensho, and if you stay tough now, you'll never have to again feel how you do right now. All the best, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

If you tell me it will get easier than this, I will hang in there. This is hard.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It does get easier or no one would make it, right? Use your plan, try to get your mind off yourself, and think about long-term, lasting rewards. They mean so much more than the fleeting relief you think you would get from drinking. I don't know that I would be able to enjoy it at all. We can't suddenly unlearn what we now know. Right now very well could be the worst you'll ever feel. Tomorrow, you'll be so glad you did it. Play out how you'll feel when you wake up, depending on what choice you make tonight. You can do this :l.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks:
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can you take a bubble bath or give the dog a bath? Just anything to pass some time? Be sure to eat, that will help tremendously!
                            Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Donuts and epsom salts? I'm hanging in there. Life just feels so different and I panic sometimes wondering how to recreate the new time I have. I'm sure I'll fill it. I knew how to do it the other way and I miss it. Just needed to hear that it wouldn't always feel like this. Thanks y'all. 2 hours to go.
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Drinking lots of ice cold water always calms me down Kensho,try to get to bed a little earlier,you can do this,you"ll wake up calm as can be and be glad you toughed it out
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X