Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Bran New Day, 7 days is Moonumental!
    Nesters, please join me in a community moon for BND!
    :moon:

This is big doings around here! We are smiling cheek to cheek for you! Keep up the great work, the worst is behind you!! XO, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd I missed that!

:goodjob: BND!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bran where do you live again, not sure about the sunny day but fingers crossed. It is getting quite cool in the mornings now. Anyone over there want to keep their winter for a bit longer. I am enjoying the lovely spring days out my window at work. Big congrats on your 7 days, be proud of yourself and its nice in the sun with a lemon lime and bitters i must say.

Good to see everyone being strong. Kensho you are doing so well posting on here, i can see a winner against al a mile off and you are doing it.

Jane sorry you had a tough week but hey you arent drinking. Keep that thought up and with your mouth it is probably a good idea not to drink. I am sure Dr Petrel will have his comments for you, so nice to have a dentist in the nest ha ha.

Well about 10 days till i am in the sweltering heat and humidity and i cant wait, i so need a holiday and some relaxation time. All plans in place, no thoughts of "its a holiday, i can have one or two drinks". The only thoughts i have is how to hide the body of my mother when i kill her, just kidding. I now think after 100 days or so that it is time to start on the body and on holidays is no better time. Being on holidays there is no alarms to wake me, no work for 8 hours, no two hour drives daily, no fcoming home and doing my daily duties, no bosses to stress me so me time it will be. throw in a few massages, facials, pedicures and some shopping and life could not be better. I even have my mantra when ordering drinks which will be "no al thank you" and i am sure i will be able to smell al a mile off now and wont salivate when i do smell it. I am certainly starting to enjoy this af life i have chosen.

Today i will pack, i have procrastinated over that for 2 weeks now but i know if i do pack then i will overpack and have no room for my shopping.

Glad everyone is well and the sun is starting to shine OS. Have a great day on the nest and check in over for me. Still being accountable but a lot harder when mwo is freezing, crashing etc.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester,

On a business trip ... from paris came to Minsk, Belarus. Former USSR and as you might expect these guys have capacity to drink vodka. Yesterday was long transit so tired could not post on MWO.

Today evening went for dinner and saw two guys (who took me and my colleague) finish a bottle of vodka. I was proud to say I dont drink .... None at all !! And since they knew I dont drink .... they didn't ask again ! I simply had a non alcoholic beer (and actually hated the taste) ... did chit chat over dinner while they were drinking ...

So one another day since last several days for me sober .... now almost 25 days sober for me ...

tomorrow I am heading to Amsterdam .... will stay sober ....

Feel good , proud and not temptations ....

Good night !!
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

As we know , One is never enough .Moddings never worked for me before and I see no reason that's going to change . I have pretty much given up sailing due to the drinking culture the revolves around it [ substitute golf , tennis , football , cricket any sport you like really ] , but its so nice to get out on the water sometimes . But i'll be good , that's a promise . BND
            Ava , I'm down the Gippsland lakes for a few days , clearing up nicely for us .
            Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
            Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

I totally agree BND modding is for fools at the end of the day. Might sound harsh but alcoholics cant moderate though we love to give it our best shot and then fail and wonder why. Enjoy your day, it is overcast here and rather coolish at Pt Cook. Sun is trying to shine and i am trying to get some washing dry while the sun is still with us and not over with the other mwo'ers.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dinner at local fish fry and I am in a carb coma. But it was good.
                Nothing but basketball on TV tonight..zzzzzzzz
                So I will surf the other channels or the DVR and see what I can dig up.
                More shopping for a stove tomorrow. What fun!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Congrats on your 7 AF days BND!

I have enjoyed a lot a pleasant time with my kids & grandkids this week
                  I know this would never be happening if I was still isolating, hugging the wine bottle.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

On my game.

Great reminder on the isolation thing LAVANDE - I forgot how I was becoming more interested in spending time with AL than others. What a crappy friend! Things are so much better tonight. Here I sit with my sparkling water and a lime... enjoying it. Thanks also for your words AVA. Can't forget to make my weekend plan - I can see how even the best intentions could go awry if I'm not on my game. So glad I can come here and check in - with you, and with myself.

Ciao!
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad things are better tonight Kensho and it gets easier to rid ourselves of those al thoughts. Dream will tell you what i was like in the early days, lunatic linda, posted up a storm when i was craving al, on here 24/7 as this is my AA, this is where i obtain my accountability for staying af and look where i am now and i have not been sober for 1 day let alone 100 in such a long time. Al used to be my best friend, even started to come before my children and that is when i realised i had a massive problem. You i can see are being totally accountable daily and expressing how you feel on your journey and your determination. Keep hold of those things and you will win against al. He will become a memory and not a good one at that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to square 1! My biggest challenge is at home. Away early morning on a family road trip as my nephew is being confirmed tomorrow. Safe for a day. Even though I messed up, still went ahead and done 'fake it til you make it' and painted a canvas I had promised a girl almost 2 years ago before my dad got sick.
                        Gonna stay here til I get there.... Sorry for disappointing....
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, sorry to hear you're doing it tough.

In response to your post:
                          * yellow colour on the roof of your mouth is very odd. Thrush ( fungal infection caused by Candida albicans, but quite often has a bacterial component as well)in the mouth is rare is someone of normal health. It's usually only seen in someone wearing an upper denture ( removable plate, bridge etc) and then usually is red and puffy. The other group who gets it are those who are quite immunocompromised ( ie: quite chronically ill).

Hepatitis whether it be A,B or C would most likely have other systemic symptoms eg jaundiced appearance in skin generally. And you would have to undertake high risk activity to get B or C eg: IV drug use, unsafe sex etc. or work in the healthcare industry!! You should have it checked though, and maybe some general blood tests.

Also just occurred to me , some medications/supplements can cause discolouration of mucous membranes. Is your tongue a normal colour? As I said, get it checked out, and not with your dentist's hygienist.

* Just to clarify:by "jewel In mouth", do you mean piercings like tongue studs? As a dentist, not as a friend can I just say if this is the case, please get rid of it.
                          Our mouths are full of bacteria. That's normal. Think of it as exposed to the world.
                          But our mouths, GIT etc are sealed off to the inside of our bodies, which is a sterile environment free of micro organisms. Piercings, especially in your mouth create a pathway for these MO's to get inside your blood stream and the rest of your body. Your immune system may control it, but it makes no sense to risk your health.

This may explain your lack of energy.
                          Okay, lecture over.

* I just think generally, try to get the basics as good as you can. Diet, hygiene, exercise, fresh air, sleep, social support, decrease stress.

* cheek chewing precancerous? It's possible, but extremely unlikely. For your own peace of mind, insist on talking to your dentist again, and strongly consider a referral to a practitioner in oral medicine and/or pathology

Hope this helps.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely to see you Beatchies:h
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I have been up since 6 am, not thrilled to be awakened by the sound of a dog throwing up :H
                              Dog is fine now & I am one with my coffee pot

I hope everyone has a great AF Saturday!
                              Get out & enjoy the nice weather.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, this morning my dog woke me up to overly excited kisses in the ear and face. So I pulled a fast one on her. After she got breakfasted and then settled back into the warm covers of the bed, I went in and exuberantly starting kissing her ears and face! Bwahahahaha! She was ticked off and confused!

Hey SKendall! So good to see you over in these parts!!! Stick around!! :hugs:

Good morning, nesters! Hope you are making the best of this day! Remember, AL doesn't help us in any way! Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF, you will never regret it! Great job, everyone!! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X