Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Got lots accomplished today. Gym, taxes picked up and submitted, refund on the way, WOOHOO. Made dh take me out to dinner. That was very nice....water with lemon please....
    Tomorrow is visit dad, Costco then a presentation on a train trip for next year. We need to decide on vacation plans.
    I am tired....
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Craving like crazy right now. Really irks me.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Eat something, Kens! Or ride it out, they only last a short time. Tell AL to FO!! You are on to Dick Head's tricks, dont fall for it. Its a trap! Hang in there! Hugs, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

This happened the other night, K. You made it through and you can do it again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Kensho, distract yourself anyway you can - just don't drink!
            That's how I did it, yuo can too

Thanks everyone, it was a great day in Lav-land.
            I feel extremely grateful & honored & loved

Have a safe night in the Nest one & all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hangin' on! Doing cheers for myself in the kitchen - here we go, don't drink, here we go (clap, clap!). Thanks for sendin' me some will power tonight!!!
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOHOO Kensho....we knew u could do it!!!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here we go, booze sucks, here we go (clap, clap)! :nutso: Thanks y'all!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Y'all are awesome. :h
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav! I said it on your thread, but I had to come to the nest and celebrate, too. Thank you so much for your rock-steady guidance and support - thanks for sticking around to help us all who have come after you.

Your post from yesterday about says it for me "Success comes one day at a time."

Rahul! Way to go on 30 days! Stick around for the next 30 and beyond!

Kensho - glad you posted here with your craving, and I'm glad everyone was here to support you.

Welcome, Living. Hope you're doing well tonight.

I agree with Byrdie - life is too short to put up with BS negativity. I actually am more generous about the normal composition of humans - I think assholes are developed by their own circumstances. We can break the cycle of asshole-ish-ness by rising above it. We can only control our behavior and our reaction to others' behaviors - not other people.

So many exclamation points tonight!!! I'm excited to see all of your sober, smiling faces, and faces of those contemplating some deep s*it. That's the thing - life keeps going - up and down, in and out. Being sober doesn't mean it is all unicorns and rainbows, but being sober certainly means that we can deal with everything so much better.

I am waffling in the words of my friend Ava - signalling time to stop typing.

Good night, all!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kenso,

First few weeks AL I made up a point to eat and stuff my self with food every evening before or around the dangerous evening hours when I used to drink. That helped a lot to get rid of craving. You will be surprised how fast cravings go away with filled stomach.

I also had incredible cravings for sugar as I have been drinking beer so of long that my body's as used to empty calories and suddenly stopping it made it confused. I remember having ice creams and soda s everyday. In face I used to celebrate every evening with ice cream for being sober.

Best of luck with your new found sobriety ... Hang on it , protect it. It's like a new born baby which needs RIGHT DiET, protection and caring so that it can grow up and mature ...
                        Rahul
                        --------------------------------------------
                        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                        Rebooting ... done ...
                        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

It's overcast in my part of the Nest, but the rain clouds seem to have disappeared. My garden is very happy at the moment!

Anybody for coffee?

I was at a cheese and wine thing last night, and think I was the only person not drinking wine (trust a drunk to notice what's in other people's glasses - I'm sure nobody else worried about what was in mine). A friend of mine who has difficulty walking, asked me to pour her a glass of wine. As I stood there, wine bottle in hand, I realised that five months ago I would have slobbered over her glass just to get a sip of it. Yesterday, I was just pouring something I don't drink into a glass for a friend. When I started out, I never dreamt that I would ever get to such a point, but there I was. When those first AF days and weeks drag by so slowly, keep in mind that you are building new ways of thinking and new ways of looking at things - and that building things that are worthwhile take time (and hard work).

Have a lovely AF Thursday, everybody! Stay strong, and remember the butt velcro!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, congrats on the 80 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So well done.

DreamThinkDo;1642216 wrote: MAE Nesters!

It's overcast in my part of the Nest, but the rain clouds seem to have disappeared. My garden is very happy at the moment!

Anybody for coffee?

I was at a cheese and wine thing last night, and think I was the only person not drinking wine (trust a drunk to notice what's in other people's glasses - I'm sure nobody else worried about what was in mine). A friend of mine who has difficulty walking, asked me to pour her a glass of wine. As I stood there, wine bottle in hand, I realised that five months ago I would have slobbered over her glass just to get a sip of it. Yesterday, I was just pouring something I don't drink into a glass for a friend. When I started out, I never dreamt that I would ever get to such a point, but there I was. When those first AF days and weeks drag by so slowly, keep in mind that you are building new ways of thinking and new ways of looking at things - and that building things that are worthwhile take time (and hard work).

Have a lovely AF Thursday, everybody! Stay strong, and remember the butt velcro!
                            Dream, I'm having a coffee right now in a very short break at work. What you just wrote reminded me of this morning reading the paper. For some reason, Thursday and Friday, our local newspaper is bombarded with ads for alcohol. Pages and pages of it.
                            So as I'm sitting there having breakfast and a cup of tea. The pictures of wine,spirits and beer really turned my stomach. I need to bottle that feeling (pun intended) and keep it handy for witching hour. Well, without the stomach turning bit.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1641940 wrote: Good Morning, Nesters!
                              I'll have a chick or two (the cake version!!), Lav! Those look yummy! Congrats on this big day of yours...for some reason, I am feeling buoyed, too! (still riding on your coattails, be gentle!!)
                              Enjoy your day, hope you get a little sunshine!!!
                              Here is your Stella Award for outstanding achievement:
                              :chick:

We are proud and honored to know you!!

DTD, where do you come up with those coffee mugs??? You are amazing at picking out just the perfect thing for the occasion!!!

Sarah, when you wrote those words about your mother, I felt a knot in the pit of my stomach. Those words and their tone were my mother's.... Meant to belittle, condemn and rob us of self respect. I am so sorry that these are the cards you've been dealt. When my mom died, I was only 26 and I didn't have a chance to be anything but a victim. Now in my life, I realize that an asshole is an asshole is an asshole. No amount of pleading, begging or psychology is going to change that either, but it can be dealt with. I believe that being an asshole is a character trait. That said, here is how I react today (post AL). I ignore them. A bully wants attention, whether it's negative or positive. They want to be validated...they NEED to find this conflict, they feed off of it. The best way to deal with a bully is to ignore them. Why share this good news with her? If you know the outcome, seek out people who will share your joy! I just don't hang out with negative folks anymore, life is too dam short. Put her on a need to know basis...she may get PO'd that you didn't tell her, but don't let this get to you, tell her you forgot. The Bully (more than anything) wants to CONTROL, and when you act as if they are insignificant, it eats them alive! Bwhahahah.... That's my 2 cents on it, anyway. My heart goes out to you on that one.... On a brighter note, I am so proud of your son!!! That is most excellent news! Maybe one day he will want to be a Tarheel!! Gosh, academic achievement is very rewarding...it'd be great if he could get a scholarship!!! Please give him a hug from Aunt Byrdie!!

Have a great day everyone! Don't let AL rob you of one more day of this precious life we have. Make the most of this second chance!!! xxoo, Byrdie
                              I have alot of reading back to do, but Byrdie-- your post made me tear up a bit. You were the first person to congratulate my son (outside of me and my hubby, and my son's dad). You ARE right that I should just ignore my mom I guess, but it's hard. Being from the south as you are..you know how important respecting your parents are. Anyway...gonna read back some more, but THANK YOU!!!!! (btw- no word yet from my mom).

Francis- thank you for your post too. Very helpful. I need to start controlling MY life instead of letting others control ME and my emotions. That'll be a hard step to make for me I guess at my age, but God help me...I will never be a control freak like my mom was...

K- got a few pages to read back thru, so excuse me if I bump older posts! :-P

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sarah, in my book, respect has to be earned - it can't be enforced by cultural norms.

Jane, congrathulathionths on eighty dayth, thweetie! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Kairos, didn't congratulate you yesterday - 30 days are brilliant - keep it up, it's the only way to beat this thing.

Petrel, ad saturation makes sense on Thursdays and Fridays - catch them before the weekend...

Kensho, glad to hear that you've weathered another storm - double digits today?

Rahul, you make my heart sing every time you post and sound happy and confident!
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X