Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow, Peppersnow! Congratulations on your 7th day! And especially on your feeling good enough to go out to a party on your 7th day. This is my 7th day too, and it has been one of the dreariest weeks of my life.
    All I do is drag myself into work and come home and sleep and sleep and sleep. I am taking all of the MWO supplements, so I guess at some point my body will bounce back. I do want to at least get to posting a couple of times a day. I have no real support system where I live.
    Hope all goes well with both your and Kensho?s events this evening.
    Be Well,

Jenn
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper congrats on your 7 days, they may be the hardest 7 days but also the best 7 days in accomplishing not drinking.

Jenni, i like you was so damn tired and it was such an effort to keep my eyes open. It gets better, i used to stay awake till a decent time then find i was overtired so i slept when i needed. You have to realise that you were feeding your body total crap with al so it takes time for the al to get out of your system, this is why al keeps telling you to drink, it does not want you to get rid of the al out of your body. Post on here like a lunatic if you have to, i have support in my children but they dont totally understand the addiction of al like the nesters do. To me this is my AA, the lovely people on here give me strength daily and keep me accountable.

Byrd, why thank you for your congrats, much appreciated and if you not for you................
      Dot ta lovely, finally understand what this is all about, i think it is called getting back my life without al.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Long day went desert safari fun sober ...

But got shock of my life today. I saw my weight over weighing scale have gained 8 kilos in Last 2 months .

Has anyone heard of losing weight after giving up AL. I think its about time I stop celebrating my sobriety and substituting with food.

Nosugar I need some tips.
        Rahul
        --------------------------------------------
        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
        Rebooting ... done ...
        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well here I am back on day 1 . It shouldn't be that hard to figure out .I just cannot drink .
          Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
          Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi BND--I hear you---Over and over again.......I think that in the early stages--meaning under six months...we have to do whatever it takes to stay away from AL..no matter what....its the tempt that gets you and before you know it?...BINGO!

Glad your back....just change your thinking and trust it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1643090 wrote: Hello Nesters,

Long day went desert safari fun sober ...

But got shock of my life today. I saw my weight over weighing scale have gained 8 kilos in Last 2 months .

Has anyone heard of losing weight after giving up AL. I think its about time I stop celebrating my sobriety and substituting with food.

Nosugar I need some tips.
              Hey Rahul---this happened to me as well...almost 8kg's too....even though I was swearing on a better diet...which occurred but aided by big dessert binges. This weight gain on me was in last 40 days...unreal......ive shed a few but the most important thing is no AL.

Agreed..we are replacing one with the other

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters!

Good to see you BNDay. Push through friend. Take care of yourself today and do what you have to do. :goodjob:

Great stuff Ava on 120 days. Golly gosh!

Welcome to our new folks. Double digits here. Yeaah.

Wishing all a safe, sober and magical weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1643031 wrote: Besides, I already drank my share.
                  :H

Me, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper and Jennifire! 7 days is outstanding!!!! GREAT JOB! Ive been running around all day with my britches down just waiting to do this! You've kicked AL's arse every single day this week!
                    :moon: :moon:

Keep the streak going! The worst is behind you!!! Well done!! Hugs, Byrdie.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like it was pretty busy around here today - that's great

Hello & welcome Gloria & Tyandra! Please pull up a twig & make yourselves comfortable in the nest!

Ava, congrats on the 120 days :wd:
                      Feeling like a real grownup now, aren't you? :H

Pepper & Jenni, great on your 7 AF days, yay! Your plans are working, be proud & keep moving forward!

BND, you just can't drink - just like the rest of us!
                      This journey becomes SO much easier when we take the pressure off of ourselves & finally accept that we can no longer drink safely. Glad you are back, stick with us now

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all my sober friends! I am so thankful I did not drink. Why do people give you such a funny look if you say you're not drinking? I got a double take. I'm sure few thought I was pregnant! Almost easier to follow through with your commitment though. If it's just out there right away (BEFORE they hand you a glass).

Pepper, excited to hear about your success too. I thought your plan was great.

Rahul, I've gained weight too. I thought the lack of AL calories would make me lose, but I also have been allowing myself to eat whatever I want.

Jenn, you said you are taking the supplements. I know the calms forte made me really tired, and I only took a half dose. It did help with anxiety, but maybe that's contributing.

Byrdie, I misread your post and thought you were "gettin' your BITCHES down." Didn't know what that meant, but it sure sounded tough!

Congrats on all the milestones everyone!
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone.... Quick flyby ....day 106 here which is unbelievable .... I need to keep reading and posting though because as I read on lucky flower's post a relapse can happen any time ... Day 120 for her and it happened.... So I'm going to buckle in again. Don't miss much about drinking ---- just hate the fact that everyone around here does it and I am bored by them.... Other than that and a very occasional craving once I decided I just can't drink it was easy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well its the middle of Sunday afternoon , A beautiful sunny day , and this time I've got the support of my SO , told her about my liver levels and that I need to live clean for a few months , I got to be such a great secret drinker that she has no idea about how much I was drinking , at least now she won't be offering me a glass of wine at dinner every night , on top of the bottle that would be hidden in the back of my car and the bottle in my desk drawer in the spare bedroom , not to mention the couple of beers i'd have after work .
                            An honest life from now on . B N D
                            Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                            Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Just for you, Ican - you struggled for such a long time, and you never surrendered. So happy for you! And glad to hear you're going to spend more time with us.

Jenni and Pepper, well done on the Byrdie moon! Jenni, I felt as if I was sleepwalking during the first few weeks; but be patient and give your body time to heal itself.

Bran, an honest and AF life is so much more enjoyable than the alternative, isn't it?

I like the new avatar, Kensho! you know, my friends are (mostly) used to the fact that I don't drink any more - some will still offer me a glass of wine, but I think that's more politeness or force of habit than anything else. When people keep insisting that I must have something to drink, they simply get what I call the Medusa look while I take a huge gulp of whatever I've brought with me.

Rahul and Lead, I didn't put on any weight, but it does take a while before the weight loss kicks in - I think it took about 6 weeks, perhaps more. don't worry too much about the weight gain for now - there are more important fights in you life at the moment, and, as I said, the weight will come off.

G man, so now to go from double to triple digits, non? Double strength butt velcro for you?

Ava, are you not cheating on your AF days? We celebrated your 100 just a minute or three ago? Well done, you Lovely Lunatic!

Frances, acceptance is key: once I had my mind in the right place - and it did take a while - the battle became a lot easier.

Tya, welcome here! I also used to bargain with myself, but never once stuck to it the next day. As I said to Frances - acceptance. And please don't let your husband's drinking derail you. wish I could give you advice on how to handle that, but I don't have any - except perhaps to say that only you can do it, and only you can decide to drink or not. Post here when you feel overwhelmed, ok?

Gloria, it seems you have a wealth of quit buddies here,and that's the beauty of the Nest - there's always somebody going through what you are experiencing.

Gardener, you'll stay close, won't you? Please?

I had the "movie club" people over last night - wish you could see the state of my kitchen, so I'd be do something about it before the Black Death breaks out there.

Have a lovely AF Sunday, everybody!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Si. Strapping in Dreamy!

Day 10 done and dusted. Take care y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X